PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6.7.04

Hangar18
06-07-2004, 09:07 AM
"The Truth......Not Everyone is Ready for it" The SOX blow a HUGE GAME yesterday, enough that I was disgusted for hours afterwards. The Score this morning chose to gloss over the fact, and instead talk about borowskis injury. Sickening.
Both Papers chose today to include "presidents a cub fan" articles. Cub-Times today actually has 3 articles regarding Borowski, including a Mariotti fluff piece on how "chicago hurts" for Joe. BS. He SHOULDVE wrote a SCALDING article on our very own Koch, but that would be too timely. Im trying to research how many "Boo-Hoo Magglio" articles were written just a few days ago, i'lll get back on that. Other than that, we again dont get the coverage a 1st Place Team deserves, but
who cares right? :smile: Once again, we somehow lose coverage.

Cubune:
5 cub stories
3 sox stories
Cub-Times:
7 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training .............
CUBS 856
SOX 578

kittle42
06-07-2004, 09:10 AM
I am willing to bet Mariotti writes about Koch tomorrow. The game was a Sunday nighter, and my guess is columnists might get their stuff done early for the Monday editions, since most everything in sports happens earlier on a Sunday (generally).

Nevertheless, shouldn't people be *happy* Borowski won't be pitching? He sucks! Cub fans should not be eagerly awaiting his return.

SoxOnTop
06-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Had to love the "Maddux's outing is stuff of legends" article in the Cub-Times. While 4 hits and 1 run in 7 innings is a very nice outing, it is hardly the "stuff of legends". Especially against the last place Pirates.

Gush gush gush.....

It really sickens me.

Hangar18
06-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
Had to love the "Maddux's outing is stuff of legends" article in the Cub-Times. While 4 hits and 1 run in 7 innings is a very nice outing, it is hardly the "stuff of legends". Especially against the last place Pirates.

Gush gush gush.....

It really sickens me.

I meant to mention that. Whats a bigger story. Koch blowing a Very Big Game for the SOX on the road ....... Or writing a FLUFF piece on Maddux and Describing it as "Stuff of Legends".
Media says 4 hits over 7 innings is "Stuff of Legends" .......
lets use this as a yardstick and see if they use this to describe a SOX performance. Stay Tuned

kittle42
06-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I meant to mention that. Whats a bigger story. Koch blowing a Very Big Game for the SOX on the road ....... Or writing a FLUFF piece on Maddux and Describing it as "Stuff of Legends".
Media says 4 hits over 7 innings is "Stuff of Legends" .......
lets use this as a yardstick and see if they use this to describe a SOX performance. Stay Tuned

Blasphemer. If Prior died for our sins, then Maddux is Prior the Father.

DaveIsHere
06-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Good article
Monday's major-league draft will be the 14th in a row in which the Sox do not pick in the top 10. That's because they haven't finished among the five worst teams in their league since 1989.

No other team in the majors has gone so long without an awful season—not the Yankees, not the Braves. The Cubs have had seven top-10 draft picks since the White Sox last qualified for one (Alex Fernandez, fourth pick, 1990).
click here (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040605rogersonbaseball,1,5175447.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility)