PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read any postgame stuff from Ozzie?

Win1ForMe
06-07-2004, 01:23 AM
I found what was an appearant old quote in the new Foltman article:

Guillen was asked this weekend about Koch, who has been an adventure in every outing this season.

"The walks kill me," Guillen said. "As long as you don't walk people, I can deal with that."

This next one was from the WhiteSox.com article (featuring Koch quotes) (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20040606&content_id=763257&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp).

"It's embarrassing," Koch said following his third blown save of the season and second on this road trip. "There is no way I should ever blow a save to this team. I don't care who they run up there to the plate. I should be able to get them out. I've never been this upset over blowing a save ever. This one is going to eat at my brain a bit."

Manager Ozzie Guillen agreed with Koch's sentiment.

"This is a tough one to lose," Guillen said. "There's no doubt about it.

Seems like Ozzie danced around/deflected/or just did not answer any questions re: Koch's status as closer. I'm assuming that a reporter would have to be brain dead not to ask.

WhiteSox = Life
06-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Based upon what he said, it reads like Ozzie was doing a little managerial tongue-biting. It will be interesting to see what Ozzie does to effect change.

StockdaleForVeep
06-07-2004, 03:09 AM
I have to say the one silver lining i saw was OZ's reaction to one of the walks, he was livid\swearin in the dugout.

His emotional response was more than ghandi did for us in an entire season.

Hey its somethin