PDA

View Full Version : Well....

CWSGuy406
06-07-2004, 12:09 AM
At least the draft is tommorow. The only thing that can sooth the pain from another Billy Koch screwjob is knowing we are going to get a couple of nice prospects tommorow.

If things went my way - Fields 3B in the first, Suzuki C with a sandwich pick, Howell P in the second (I really want this kid.)

batmanZoSo
06-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
At least the draft is tommorow. The only thing that can sooth the pain from another Billy Koch screwjob is knowing we are going to get a couple of nice prospects tommorow.

If things went my way - Fields 3B in the first, Suzuki C with a sandwich pick, Howell P in the second (I really want this kid.)

This is the worst possible timing. Get ready for another Royce Ring tomorrow folks..........

MRKARNO
06-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
This is the worst possible timing. Get ready for another Royce Ring tomorrow folks..........

The Sox arent going to base their decision on who to pick based on what happened tonight at all. The draft scouts wont even bother. Plus there arent any relievers projected to go in the first round anyways

batmanZoSo
06-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The Sox arent going to base their decision on who to pick based on what happened tonight at all. The draft scouts wont even bother. Plus there arent any relievers projected to go in the first round anyways

Naw, really?

Come on.. :cool:

CWSGuy406
06-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Karno, just wondering (and trying to get back to the topic) who would you take in the first round if you had your choice of realistic options (obviously no Weaver or Niemann)?

Fungo
06-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Matt Bush is the number 1 overall pick by the Padres. He signed yesterday. In the latest Baseball America mock draft, they have Drew falling to 19 (the pick following the White Sox) to the Cardinals and Weaver falling to the Yankees at 23. They project Josh Fields as the Sox first pick at 18. Only the mock draft though, anything can happen.

mmmmmbeeer
06-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Fungo
Matt Bush is the number 1 overall pick by the Padres. He signed yesterday. In the latest Baseball America mock draft, they have Drew falling to 19 (the pick following the White Sox) to the Cardinals and Weaver falling to the Yankees at 23. They project Josh Fields as the Sox first pick at 18. Only the mock draft though, anything can happen.

Weaver at 23???? Why?

Fungo
06-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Signability. Baseball moreso than any other sports draft is all about signability.

mmmmmbeeer
06-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Signability. Baseball moreso than any other sports draft is all about signability.

The kid appears to be a stud. I'd hate to pull a Twinkie/Prior and let a future ace/cy young winner get by us in the draft because of a few dollars.

He isn't one the kids who already has Boras as an agent, is he?

Fungo
06-07-2004, 09:05 AM
He reportedly is seeking more than the $10.5 million deal Prior received in 2001. I believe Boras is his agent as well as FSU ss Stephen Drew.

Not just a few dollars.

rmusacch
06-07-2004, 09:32 AM
He reportedly is seeking more than the $10.5 million deal Prior received in 2001. I believe Boras is his agent as well as FSU ss Stephen Drew.

Not just a few dollars.

Do you get his brother, Jeff, too for that amount?

TaylorStSox
06-07-2004, 10:30 AM
After watching some tape of Weaver, I noticed that him and his brother have a very similar motion. This fact alone would make me stay away from him. It's like hitters have already seen him.

I haven't seen alot of him though. Does anyone agree with that?

StillMissOzzie
06-08-2004, 12:54 AM
I only caught a few bits and pieces on ESPN AM-1000 here in Chicago, and I thought that they said that Drew fell because he turned down $3.6M signing bonus. A typical Boras move.

SMO