PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill(y)


jabrch
06-07-2004, 01:05 AM
A friend of mine sent me this...Right now - it answers all my thoughts.

StockdaleForVeep
06-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
A friend of mine sent me this...Right now - it answers all my thoughts.

Can anyone slip a cotton mouth snake into his room? Oh wait knowin our luck it'll bite the wrong guy.

steff
06-07-2004, 08:58 AM
No need for death... maybe just a hairline fracture in the pitching arm. Hell.. at this point, carpel tunnel would do.

bennyw41
06-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Can anyone slip a cotton mouth snake into his room? Oh wait knowin our luck it'll bite the wrong guy.


Quimosabe is a Native American term. Please alter your signature to a more appropriate racist term.

The Critic
06-07-2004, 10:29 AM
I don't want to Kill Bill - a friendly "waive" would suffice for me.

And off topic, am I the only one who thinks that Shingo picture looks like Jimmy Fallon? :D:

Iguana775
06-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Maybe we should hire Nardi to give Kroch a torn labrum. LOL

daveeym
06-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Billy Koch aka The Arsonist.

When he warms up in the pen someone should have a sign reading Gasoline Alley to hang over the bull pen. Keep fanning the flames Billy.

skottyj242
06-07-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't care what a guy does on the field, do you people really wish DEATH upon him. You people are pathetic human beings. Even to wish and injury is pretty morbid.

bennyw41
06-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242
I don't care what a guy does on the field, do you people really wish DEATH upon him. You people are pathetic human beings. Even to wish and injury is pretty morbid.

Amen. Not to mention the blantant racist signature.

CubKilla
06-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Amen. Not to mention the blantant racist signature.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

bennyw41
06-07-2004, 02:50 PM
What does that mean?

wdelaney72
06-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Amen. Not to mention the blantant racist signature.

Lighten up.

bennyw41
06-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm am a very enlightened person. But if that was a picture of a black person, with Ebonics on it, you'd never hear the end of it. I just think putting a picture of Shingo with japanese catch phrases(one that's not even japanese) is not funny.

South Side
06-07-2004, 03:23 PM
I think it was funny!

bennyw41
06-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by South Side
I think it was funny!

I saw the same behavior at the yankees game. When Matsui struck out. A lot of people were yelling "Sayonara" and stuff like that. I just don't think it would be acceptable if you did that for other minorities.

pearso66
06-07-2004, 03:29 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with the signature, I wouldnt even find anything wrong if he had Frank and ebonics below it. The world is becoming too PC.

jabrch
06-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
I don't care what a guy does on the field, do you people really wish DEATH upon him. You people are pathetic human beings. Even to wish and injury is pretty morbid.


Um - I think spoofing a movie title is clearly sarcasm - sorry I didn't put a teal f***ing background on it so it was more clear.

jabrch
06-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
I didn't see anything wrong with the signature, I wouldnt even find anything wrong if he had Frank and ebonics below it. The world is becoming too PC.

Sammy Sosa - ADIOS

Id have no problem with that either.

petekat
06-07-2004, 05:03 PM
hear hear Benny!

Although generally I agree with some of the others- the reception for Takatsu has been pretty warm- I think most people are jesting, though the kemosabe comment, in its own clumsy way, says a lot about some fans



Originally posted by bennyw41
Quimosabe is a Native American term. Please alter your signature to a more appropriate racist term.

bennyw41
06-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Sammy Sosa - ADIOS

Id have no problem with that either.

But Kemosabe(sic) isn't even a Japanese Term!!!!! It just shows ignorance.....I'm sorry. I love ethnic jokes, and pokes at people, especially my own people, but at least be accurate!!!!

oldcomiskey
06-07-2004, 05:18 PM
there was a firnd of mine who told me once that kemosabe was an insult in the highest degree--any truth to it?

bennyw41
06-07-2004, 05:22 PM
According to a site on the Lone Ranger:


Kemosabe (or any of the other various spellings) *is* a real word. It's from the language of the Potowatomie Indians. The Potowatomie Indians lived in and around Michigan. (The Lone Ranger originated at WXYZ in Detroit.) One of the shows' producers, Jim Jewell, had a father-in-law who ran a boy's camp named "Camp Kee-mo-sah-bee."

StockdaleForVeep
06-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Quimosabe is a Native American term. Please alter your signature to a more appropriate racist term.

Since people whined(never knew people would cry and cry because of a JOKE SIGNATURE) i changed it, and incase some people are japanese-illiterate, gaijin is a term typically used in Japan as "foreigner", its used for alot of american athletes there or just anyone non japanese.

Also my question to you benny, do you write letters to the sox organization complaing about the "Jose" chant? I mean they're parodying a soccer anthem to Jose Valentin's name. I mean stereotyping Latin players and soccer? HOW RACIST!

I agree with perso, we have become too PC

-Your resident pollack lower class white trash fat white boy(is it ok to "offend" myself?)

batmanZoSo
06-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41



Quimosabe is a Native American term. Please alter your signature to a more appropriate racist term.


Originally posted by bennyw41


Amen. Not to mention the blantant racist signature.

It's only racist because you make it so. Go find another hobby, oh enlightened one. LMAO

By the way, why can't a Japanese guy say "kemosabe?" Good lord.

StockdaleForVeep
06-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
It's only racist because you make it so. Go find another hobby, oh enlightened one. LMAO

:hawk

"GAAASS...SAYONARA!"

StockdaleForVeep
06-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
It's only racist because you make it so. Go find another hobby, oh enlightened one. LMAO

By the way, why can't a Japanese guy say "kemosabe?" Good lord.

Also batsy, you are aware with my infatuation with shingo and how i support him, i wasnt even close to dissin him

CubKilla
06-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
But Kemosabe(sic) isn't even a Japanese Term!!!!! It just shows ignorance.....I'm sorry. I love ethnic jokes, and pokes at people, especially my own people, but at least be accurate!!!!

Would you be happy if he changed "Kemosabe" to Sinsei (sp?)?

StockdaleForVeep
06-08-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Would you be happy if he changed "Kemosabe" to Sinsei (sp?)?

or maybe i should have put williams-san

christ, it was just a sig, who takes anythin serious on this board unless its an actual game.

bennyw41
06-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Obviously you do. I really don't care. Just wanted to start a fight. And I won.

The only point I was trying to make was that if you're going to be racist, BE ACCURATE.

I can just see you worrying about offending people, It kinda made my morning.

bennyw41
06-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep


Also my question to you benny, do you write letters to the sox organization complaing about the "Jose" chant? I mean they're parodying a soccer anthem to Jose Valentin's name. I mean stereotyping Latin players and soccer? HOW RACIST!


No, I would only complain if they played a rain dance song for Carlos.

batmanZoSo
06-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Obviously you do. I really don't care. Just wanted to start a fight. And I won.

The only point I was trying to make was that if you're going to be racist, BE ACCURATE.

I can just see you worrying about offending people, It kinda made my morning. a

You didn't win anything, even if this were a contest. You look pretty foolish now especially after that post. Spoken like a desperate fool with no help at all in this argument--and there's reason for that.

bennyw41
06-08-2004, 11:05 AM
I don't look anything. Its a fricking Message Board. Get over yourself.

There is no argument to defend. That signature was not accurate, making it racist. I think I can say that. It didn't really offend me, but the person needs to know that Japanese people usually don't speak Native American. You all are now making this a big deal.



In the words of HONDO:

"I don't think you were chastized for it. From what I remember it was because kemosabe is an Indian word and you used it in the context of being Japanesse."

batmanZoSo
06-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
I don't look anything. Its a fricking Message Board. Get over yourself.

There is no argument to defend. That signature was not accurate, making it racist. I think I can say that. It didn't really offend me, but the person needs to know that Japanese people usually don't speak Native American. You all are now making this a big deal.

You were the one taking things too seriously in the first place. And again, a Japanese guy can say "kemosabe" if he so desires, just like I can...and I'm white. Racism is a big claim on your part...when you bring that up, it's ALWAYS gonna be a big deal. You can't just throw the word around.

bennyw41
06-08-2004, 11:24 AM
You are not gonna get it, so forget it. Can't we just move on here.

oldcomiskey
06-08-2004, 05:25 PM
no it aint

StockdaleForVeep
06-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Obviously you do. I really don't care. Just wanted to start a fight. And I won.

The only point I was trying to make was that if you're going to be racist, BE ACCURATE.

I can just see you worrying about offending people, It kinda made my morning.

And i can see you waking up at 7 am with a cup of coffee and spending 5 hours on wsi tryin to find posts to pick fights with then then taking a 5 hour nap only to wake up and resume your previous days activities. I do find it humerous that on a website of 2,200 registered users, only you complained. Accordin to the majority, I WON cuz nobody else saw fault. Besides, i find my new sig better, gaijin-foreigner, funny.

bennyw41
06-08-2004, 11:45 PM
I spend my days at work. WSI is a diversion. Be accurate with your jokes, it makes them funnier.


That is all.

And because I like to have the last word. (I'm not the only one of 997 views,not 2200,post 19 of this thread is an agreement) And accept the fact that what you said could possibly be rude. AND MOVE ON.

Bucktown
06-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Apparently the Pistons brought in Koch to hold their 5 point lead at the end of tonight's game.

batmanZoSo
06-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Apparently the Pistons brought in Koch to hold their 5 point lead at the end of tonight's game.

Ugh, there's a nice segue. That ruined my night. Pistons should've had another shot when what's his face went out of bounds...but they let the clock run out and everyone in the world knew the Lakers would pull it out in OT.

Okay, that's all...I know this is PL talk :smile:

iwannago
06-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Apparently the Pistons brought in Koch to hold their 5 point lead at the end of tonight's game.

Thats a good one.


:gulp: :gulp:

voodoochile
06-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Apparently the Pistons brought in Koch to hold their 5 point lead at the end of tonight's game.

I turned the game off with the Lakers down 3 and Hamilton freshly fouled at the 1:20 mark. I was exhausted and needed to get up for work early. I figured my job was to go to sleep. Nice to wake up and see the Lakers did their job after I did mine...