PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Most deserving whipping boy in recent years?

A. Cavatica
06-07-2004, 01:01 AM
There's no shortage of choices.

Terry Bevington
Royce Clayton
Billy Koch
Jerry Manuel
Jaime Navarro
Jerry Reinsdorf
Todd Ritchie
Danny Wright

oeo
06-07-2004, 01:07 AM
JR

StockdaleForVeep
06-07-2004, 01:09 AM
despite recent actions, BURN IN HELL JAIME!

JRIG
No choice for Kenny Williams?

I ask only half-joking. He did acquire 3 of the 5 players on that list via trade.

JB98
Gotta go with Navarro.

Ritchie, Wright, Koch, these guys suck. But at least they generally take losses like men, as opposed to pointing the finger at everyone around them like Navarro used to do.

ma_deuce
06-07-2004, 01:10 AM
Koch is terrible, but at least he admits it. Royce actually said that hitting was overrated as his batting average scraped the floor. He deserves all the whipping one world can offer.

:hitless
"The Choice" for Whipping Boy of the Millennium

Deuce

MRKARNO
06-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Manuel didnt make the poll??

Hell, even without Manuel I still cant decide who to choose

Lip Man 1
06-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Everything in this organization revolves around the man in charge.

Nuff said.

Lip

A. Cavatica
06-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
No choice for Kenny Williams?

Originally posted by MRKARNO
Manuel didnt make the poll??

Both crossed my mind, but while they were controversial, I don't think they ever rose (sunk?) to the level of the others. Manuel was well liked (on a personal level) to the end of his tenure. And Williams did pretty well in that Keep Kenny/Fire Kenny poll.

If you really want to vote for either, I'll ask the mods to add them.

jlh0023
06-07-2004, 01:27 AM
i vote koch, and it's not because of the extreme emotion involved concerning him right now, but looking at it in perspective, look at what he's done, and look at what we pay him

Deadguy
06-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Navarro was a gutless scum bag who set this organization back a couple of years.

He was brought in to be this staff's Ace, and ended up being the worst pitcher in baseball for three straight seasons. Quite possibly the worst FA signing of all time. And when you consider Roger Clemens could have been had....it just makes me sick.

The greatest thing to come out of Navarro's signing was the trade with Milwaukee that brought in Eldred and Valentin. He then had the nerve to slam Thomas for not being a better "leader". It was poetic justice to see Navarro get booed out of County Stadium with his tail between his legs by the end of April 2000, and then released.

Rot in hell Navarro! :angry:

A. Cavatica
06-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Shoot, I should have remembered Rick White, too...