PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE????

MaggPipes
09-19-2001, 09:03 PM
ROYCE CLAYTON IS HITTING HIGHER THAN JOSE VALENTIN.....NOW HE IS BETTER THAN HIM IN 2 ways ouch.....

Bmr31
09-19-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
ROYCE CLAYTON IS HITTING HIGHER THAN JOSE VALENTIN.....NOW HE IS BETTER THAN HIM IN 2 ways ouch.....

lol, not all of us are surprised......

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2001, 09:45 PM
Easy. The season is over.

:)

doublem23
09-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes

Wow. Royce Clayton has played in one spot all year long and has been healthy.

Jose Valentin has been bounced around like a pinball and has had a bad hammy for most of the season and Clayton hasn't passed him until late-September.

But, whatever, who cares? How many days until next season? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2001, 11:39 PM
Yea, but is Clayton Mr. Clutch? I don't think so! Valentin has won the title!

:manos
You sit down, young man! I AM Mr. Clutch!

Heather the Redbird

GASHWOUND
09-20-2001, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
[B]Yea, but is Clayton Mr. Clutch? I don't think so! Valentin has won the title!

What are you talking about??? Clayton has a ton of clutch hits this season.
Also, Clayton has been playing with a bad hammy too? Remember when he injured while running to first. Jose should just suck it up and play third base. And he hasn't been bounced around that much. He was earlier, but since the hamstring injury has has mostly played 3rd base.

CLAYTON< CLAYTON< CLAYTON!!!

This year's gold glove winner.

Keep Jose, but also keep clayton or our defense will suck even worse.

doublem23
09-20-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
[B]Keep Jose, but also keep clayton or our defense will suck even worse.

That makes absoletuly NO baseball sense!

Valentin is going to be forced to play in the field... I don't understand why we want him to play out of his best position.

BTW - It's not like we're significantly improved in defense between 2000 and 2001. If Clayton was a significant imrpovement over Manos, then, well, there you go. But he ain't.

ME GUSTA MANOS! Were's that thing?

GASHWOUND
09-20-2001, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doublem23

That makes absoletuly NO baseball sense!

BTW - It's not like we're significantly improved in defense between 2000 and 2001. If Clayton was a [b]significant imrpovement over Manos, then, well, there you go. But he ain't.

Our defense sucks this year.TRUE, but thats not Clayton's fault. He has only 6 errors or something and is either 1st or 2nd in the Al in fielding %. He has alot of cluth hits this year and for a 9th place hitter is hitting over .260. Jose had like over 20 errors last year at this time.
So imagine if Clayton's defense wasn't there, OMG!!!
I think Jose can play 3rd cause when at SS he has time to think and when he has time to think thats when he makes the errors. Playing 3rd you don't have time to think and is just a reaction play.

If Jose playing SS was his best position than thats not saying much. He made TONS of errors. Why can't he make TONS of errors at 3rd and let the professionals play SS. He can make the same amount of errors playing 3rd than he can playing SS.

Now thats Baseball sense

CLR01
09-21-2001, 12:10 AM
how many times can you beat the same dead horse? This Clayton/Manos thing is just about flat.

GASHWOUND
09-21-2001, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
how many times can you beat the same dead horse? This Clayton/Manos thing is just about flat.

You know, I was thinking(you may stop laughing now) Where did that expression "beating a dead horse" come from? Did people actually beat dead horses? PETA probably wasn't around then.

PS: Can you hear the chanting in the distance? "clayton...clayton...clayton"

Doesn't it give you that tingling feeling.

CLR01
09-21-2001, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
PS: Can you hear the chanting in the distance? "clayton...clayton...clayton"

Doesn't it give you that tingling feeling.

You know what, now that i stop and listen i can hear the chanting, ofcourse you are leaving a word out though..

clayton sucks...clayton sucks...clayton sucks...

that tingling feeling might be a rash or something, you may want to see a doctor.