PDA

View Full Version : The Koch Must Go Petition

soxfan2425
06-06-2004, 11:21 PM
sign the petition if you think koch needs to go.

God He Sux!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/KOCH/petition.html

the_valenstache
06-07-2004, 02:00 AM
We're in first place.

I choose to be supportive of my team. Regardless of Koch's utter failures, it is too soon to jump on this bandwagon.

Where are the "Trade Rowand"/"Trade Crede"/"Trade Konerko" petitions? There are enough posts on these topics every single day, I'd assume people would love to see these things.

As fans, we have a right to be outraged. But I find behavior like this a waste of time. I'd just like to see one White Sox season where the fans put more weight on the positive aspects than the negative.

This kind of pessimism reminds me why the Cubs rule this city.

mdep524
06-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
This kind of pessimism reminds me why the Cubs rule this city.

Pessimism??? Get a grip, 'stache. This is realism. Even the most optimistic and supportive of Sox fans would agree not having confidence in Koch and trying to make our closer situation better (and thus win more games) is rational.

Nard
06-07-2004, 02:45 AM
He's 8 for 11. Looks pretty good to me. Closers are the strangest and most unpredictable role in baseball unless your name is Eric Gagne.

What do you expect? Perfection? A 0.00 ERA? 20+ saves? What does that say about your team if you've needed a closer for more than 20 games at this point in the season?

Billy is doing a fine job. Maybe he just gets nervous on national TV.

Our major priorities are as follows:

1.) Fifth starter
2.) Fifth starter
3.) Fifth starter
4.) Fifth starter

Lay off Billy.

valposoxfan
06-07-2004, 03:21 AM
WHAT!!!! HE's FINE!!!! Give me a break Nard. This is a guy who has lost a ton of velocity in only two years. He can't keep anything down and gets killed for it. He has no control and even when he does convert a save he leaves two men on. There is something terribly wrong with a closer when whenever he comes in in a tight situation, no one has much confidence in him, because he has shown he has no control. He is lucky to have converted 8 of 11. Think of how many of those he left the tying or winning run on first or second or even third base and how many times he went to three balls in the count. Many times in two years according to my recollection. If he made as many appearances as closers like Rhodes, and Percival, and Foulke, his blown saves would tower over the others, but the fact of the matter is, he doesn't make that many appearances compared to the others. Two blown saves in five days in unacceptable. The Sox may be in first place now, but they won't for long if games continue to be choked away in the ninth. If your offense can give you a lead going into the ninth, you should be able to close things out, and maybe even have a one, two, three inning once in awhile. Not with Koch.The reality is, he may be converting save opportunities, but it's not like he has looked good doing it in any way shape or form. He showed that last year, and that is why he lost his closing job in July. He cannot dominate an inning an of the closers listed above. He must not close again for the Sox. Loyalty is killing Ozzie Guillen and his team right now.

pinwheels3530
06-07-2004, 03:26 AM
Bring back Foulke :(:

SSN721
06-07-2004, 06:00 AM
I really wanted him to do well up to this point. I wanted to support the team, I didnt root for him to go out there and pitch poorly justs o we had an excuse to get rid of him. But now it looks like there is no choice. I can see him maybe getting one or two more shots, which I dont agree with, and then hopefully permanent benching. Yesterday just ripped my heart out. Shame on you billy. :whiner: