PDA

View Full Version : 5th starter?

Petch
06-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Realistically, if you are KW, who are you shopping for. We have all heard about Freddy Garcia, Ben Sheets, and possibly C.C. Sabathia. Is there anyone else out there that looks good and reasonable, and if so how do we get them? Personally, I would be interested in looking into Benson on the Pirates. I would also like to not have to trade Reed just yet. Borchard, I wouldn't miss.

SEALgep
06-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Ramon Ortiz could be a long shot back up plan if all else fails. I don't anticipate that, and I don't know if they're thinking about that, but I'm pretty sure they like the guy.

Bucktown
06-06-2004, 09:53 PM
I just can't imagin the Brewers giving up Sheets. For the longest time the franchise has been disappointed that he had not lived up to his potential. Now, he is finally looking like the Ace they had desired. Furthermore, the Brewers are very much in that Central race.

SEALgep
06-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I just can't imagin the Brewers giving up Sheets. For the longest time the franchise has been disappointed that he had not lived up to his potential. Now, he is finally looking like the Ace they had desired. Furthermore, the Brewers are very much in that Central race. He's also set to make some money, something the Brewers simply don't have.

soxfan2425
06-06-2004, 10:47 PM
After todays loss if i'm KW im looking for a closer not a 5th starter

illinibk
06-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He's also set to make some money, something the Brewers simply don't have.

But trading him is a PR mess the Brewers also cannot afford

whitesoxwilkes
06-06-2004, 10:49 PM
One name I bandy around a lot in my head but don't see a lot on the boards is Odalis Perez. Any thoughts on him? Or do we think that with the Dodgers still in the thick of things that his asking price would be way too high?