PDA

View Full Version : BUB (Bring up Borchard) Club

MikeKreevich
06-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Any one else think it is time to bring up Joe Borchard? How much minor league seasoning does he need? He just hit his 10th HR yesterday and is hitting in the high .280's. I say put him in right while Mags is out and, once and for all, lets see if he can play. If you agree the $5 million dollar bonus baby should get a shot, join the BUB CLUB.

kittle42
06-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I am already a member of the Bub club, but our club celebrates the life (and death) of known former US soldier and current zombie "Bub" from Day of the Dead.

jabrch
06-06-2004, 04:20 PM
He is injured right now. You can not bring him up if he is not ready to play. For now - until Joe is back playing in the minors, I don't want to see him up here.

MRKARNO
06-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Joe actually did play yesterday, but as a DH. After he's played one or two games in the outfield I think we can start being upset for his not being up (especially if he's hitting). I have a suspicion that KW is waiting to trade Rowand to Seattle as they are so very desperate for hitting that he'd be an upgrade over Winn, Bocachica and Jolbert Cabrera with Rauch thrown into the package as well (as the sun-times suggested today).

TomParrish79
06-06-2004, 05:10 PM
I thought you were talking about the Zombie from Day of The Dead Too!!!

http://devilman.freehosting.net/LivingDead/DayDead13.jpg
Now thats the real BUB

The Cheat
06-06-2004, 05:12 PM
According to baseballprospectus.com, JB's expected Major League batting average would be .255.

I don't think that is any improvement over rowand/timo/gload.

Unless he comes up and plays every day, which I doubt he'd do, I say keep him on the farm. If nothing else his trade value is rising.

kittle42
06-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by TomParrish79
I thought you were talking about the Zombie from Day of The Dead Too!!!

Now thats the real BUB

Awesome.

TomParrish79
06-06-2004, 05:28 PM
That picture above also represents the way i feel when the sox lose close games.

soxtalker
06-06-2004, 05:30 PM
As much as I'd love to see the Borchard we've all be waiting for, it probably will be better if he continues to get playing time at AAA. It was only the past month or so that he seemed to be finally breaking out of the strike-out habit. If they bring him up, he will be seeing a lot more major league breaking pitches -- which will probably mean more strike outs. I'm not advocating keeping him in AAA forever, but I'd like to see a bit more time in AAA with reduced strike outs.

owensmouth
06-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Dump him. Trade him to the Chargers. I'm tired of unmet expectations from this guy. Give him to the Mariners for Garcia. Give him to the Royals for Beltran. He hasn't improved in the past two years and there's no reason to expect that he will. He was 5.3 million down the drain.

Rex Hudler
06-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Borchard will be up with the Sox within 17 days.........

TaylorStSox
06-06-2004, 07:41 PM
I've been on this club for a while now.

Everyone needs to remember how much he's been injured and struggled do to these injuries.

Randar68
06-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Joe actually did play yesterday, but as a DH. After he's played one or two games in the outfield I think we can start being upset for his not being up (especially if he's hitting). I have a suspicion that KW is waiting to trade Rowand to Seattle as they are so very desperate for hitting that he'd be an upgrade over Winn, Bocachica and Jolbert Cabrera with Rauch thrown into the package as well (as the sun-times suggested today).

Rowand and Rauch for Garcia? That was my prediction from early last week!!!

SEALgep
06-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Rowand and Rauch for Garcia? That was my prediction from early last week!!! And I am down with that 100%.

Petch
06-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Use him as your primary trade bait to get your 5th starter

munchman33
06-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
Dump him. [color=pink]He hasn't improved in the past two years and there's no reason to expect that he will.

Have you been paying attention to the way he's been playing for the last month and a half? Jeez people, you get a small taste of failure in the bigs due to injury and you're ready to dismiss I guy completely. I have a feeling LTP will be the everyday right fielder soon, and will switch to center when Maggs comes off the D.L.

A. Cavatica
06-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Rowand and Rauch for Garcia would be a coup, but after tonight I think the Sox should up the ante, and try to get both Garcia and Guardado. I think Borchard's little streak is just that; he still wastes too many at-bats. If Seattle wants Borchard in a Garcia/Guardado deal, I'd give him up in a heartbeat. Actually, I'd do Lee straight up for Garcia/Guardado.