PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee, 7 More To Pass Luke Appling

Cellview22
06-05-2004, 07:12 PM
...whose 27-game hitting streak in 1936 is the longest in club history!

That would be next Sunday at home vs Atlanta. Go El Caballo!!

nasox
06-05-2004, 07:19 PM
You just officially jinxed him.

guillen4life13
06-05-2004, 07:25 PM
A week is a long time, friend.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
A week is a long time, friend.

I agree. However I would hasten to add that a similar feat by some mediocrity wearing baby bear pajamas would have Chip, Santo, and the rest of the hired hands from Cubune Tower frothing at the mouth. There simply aren't enough superlatives in the English language for them to properly describe a 20-game hitting streak by a nobody akin to a Jody Davis.

:smile:

:chimp
"Jo-dy! Jody Davis! King of the 20-game streak!"

waldo_the_wolf
06-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Cellview22
...whose 27-game hitting streak in 1936 is the longest in club history!

That would be next Sunday at home vs Atlanta. Go El Caballo!!

Didn't Albert Belle have a 27-game hitting streak back in 1997? I know it was somewhere around that many.

CWSGuy406
06-06-2004, 06:05 PM
You know, I love that Carlos has this long hitting streak, really, I do.

But: Is anyone else noticing that during this time that CLee usually only has had one hit during the games and very few extra base hits? I know he had a double on Friday which was nice, but other than that it's all singles. I don't mind that it's all singles, but I'd like to see him hit a few more homers and some more extra base hits.

voodoochile
06-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
You know, I love that Carlos has this long hitting streak, really, I do.

But: Is anyone else noticing that during this time that CLee usually only has had one hit during the games and very few extra base hits? I know he had a double on Friday which was nice, but other than that it's all singles. I don't mind that it's all singles, but I'd like to see him hit a few more homers and some more extra base hits.

He is hitting what they are throwing him instead of trying to force the action. It is since he started doing that that the Sox offense has heated up again and the team has moved back into first place.

It doesn't take much protection for Hurt to get hot. He is getting it and the Sox are reaping the benefits. It's really that simple. Teams have gone back to throwing first pitch strikes to Frank in the hope he will watch it. The last few games he has started to drill those pitches. Now they've got no place to go. If the top two guys continue to reach base at a solid clip, then they have to pitch to Frank or face Carlos with a runner in scoring position.

That's why it doesn't matter as much that he isn't hitting for power at the moment. It will come, again as teams are forced to try something else to get past him. Then they will stop giving him pitches he can slap to RF and we will see some more power.

Railsplitter
06-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Make it six!

voodoochile
06-06-2004, 09:37 PM
He has 18 RBI during the hitting streak. More evidence that the Sox just need someone behind Frank to keep the other team honest.