PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle a All Star

pinwheels3530
06-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Should Mark Buerhle be selected to his second All Star Game? I think his numbers are good enough, he's been just fantastic so far this year I think he should be there!!! What other sox starters should go since I read in another post we've been having some of the best pitching in the bigs right now? Go Sox!!!

MRKARNO
06-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I think if Buerhle keeps this up, he's a lock for the All-star game. I dont know if he'll actually get to pitch, but it's possible. Here are the only other starters who should be locks as of now:

Freddy Garcia
Curt Schilling
Mark Mulder
Tim Hudson

Sabathia and Cliff Lee in Cleveland are very good but I see only Sabathia as a real possibility because they're the Indians. To be honest I would be surprised if he kept this up and didn't go. His ERA not including the 2 IP 8 ER debacle against NYY at home (and all of those were BS runs anyways) is 2.36. The longer he keeps pitching like he is, the closer his ERA will get to the mid to low 2's and the more likely he'll be in the all star game.

cpsoxfan
06-05-2004, 01:32 PM
My choice besides Buehrle: Garland!

SoxBoy14
06-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I think Buehrle is good enough for the All-Star game. As long as he keeps his era low he should be in the All-Star game. I'd like to see Loaiza in it again, but that might be asking too much.

illinibk
06-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I think if Buerhle keeps this up, he's a lock for the All-star game. I dont know if he'll actually get to pitch, but it's possible. Here are the only other starters who should be locks as of now:

Freddy Garcia
Curt Schilling
Mark Mulder
Tim Hudson

Don't forget Kevin Brown, he is 7-1. Plus with Torre as manager, you can count on the four other Yankees starters being in the game as well.

MRKARNO
06-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I think Buehrle is good enough for the All-Star game. As long as he keeps his era low he should be in the All-Star game. I'd like to see Loaiza in it again, but that might be asking too much.

Unless Loaiza goes on a roll I dont think he has a prayer of going to the all star game. If he can put together two straight scoreless 8 inning outings, that could really change the story though.

MRKARNO
06-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by illinibk
Don't forget Kevin Brown, he is 7-1. Plus with Torre as manager, you can count on the four other Yankees starters being in the game as well.

Well add Brown and Buehrle and we've got our probably all star starting pitchers this year.

JRIG
06-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well add Brown and Buehrle and we've got our probably all star starting pitchers this year.

Buehrle's been outstanding this season. Being selected to the All-Star team is largely irrelevant. (Unless he's got a bonus of some sort) Performing at an All-Star level is important. Right now Buehrle is one of the top 5 pitchers in the AL. That's all that really should matter.

Railsplitter
06-05-2004, 06:15 PM
If Buerhle pitches well over the next four weeks, he should make it.