PDA

View Full Version : It's official - Maggs out 4-7 weeks

hold2dibber
06-05-2004, 12:39 AM
It was mentioned elsewhere, but I thought it deserved a thread of its own: Maggs is out for 4-7 weeks (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1816137).

I know Magglio Ordonez. Neither Ross Gload nor Timo Perez nor Jamie Burke is Magglio Ordonez. This certainly isn't a death knell - but it's going to make things more difficult.

hose
06-05-2004, 12:57 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040604&content_id=761125&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp ...

"I have a lot of confidence in Timo and Gload. Hopefully, they can perform like Magglio. I doubt it and I don't expect it. But I think they can do the job over there."

Only Ozzie can tell it like it is and still give his players confidence. :D:

VaSoxfan
06-05-2004, 01:06 AM
This team ranks high in almost every offensive AL category...losing Mags for a while stinks but we can probably weather a loss like that better than most teams could...we'll manage...and we have pretty solid pitching to go with it.

We'll be fine...

Lip Man 1
06-05-2004, 01:54 AM
I wish Mags every good luck and a quick return but reading the stories tonight in the Tribune I'm still concerned by two things.

1. The fact that all the doctors who have examined him STILL don't know EXACTLY what the hell is the matter. They'll know when they open him up Saturday morning. Until then everything everyone is saying is speculation.

2. This comment from Herm Schneider in the Tribune caused my eyebrows to raise up..."Schneider said it's possible Ordonez could be back in four weeks, but on average it takes six or seven.

"If it's more, then it looks like there are problems," Schneider said. "

?????

Lip

patbooyah
06-05-2004, 04:38 AM
here is to hoping that maggs' return will give the sox a boost of confidence in mid july.

SSN721
06-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Get well soon Maggs, I think we can survive without you for now but need you in the long haul. I think this is where the new attitude of this team is gonna help immensely. Showing the ability to manufacture runs, many games scoring one run in multiple innings to build a nice run total. It will be a hard time without Maggs but I think this team can still maintain its position even with the Twins in the weaker part of their schedule. I just hope it isnt any more then 6 or 7 weeks.

bahn1225
06-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I wish Mags every good luck and a quick return but reading the stories tonight in the Tribune I'm still concerned by two things.

My question to the Tribune is:
"When does the ORDONEZ WATCH begin?"

I have posed this question to the Trib and I think others should do so as well.

hsnterprize
06-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by bahn1225

I have posed this question to the Trib and I think others should do so as well. GOOD QUESTION!!!!!

I'll e-mail the Trib and ask them about it.

pinwheels3530
06-05-2004, 12:51 PM
See you in a couple weeks Maggs :(:

illinibk
06-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bahn1225

Let me guess their response:

"Rey Ordonez is not on the DL and is an everyday player, so there is no need for an Ordonez watch."

DSpivack
06-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by illinibk
Let me guess their response:

"Rey Ordonez is not on the DL and is an everyday player, so there is no need for an Ordonez watch."

You know, there's a lot hype surrounding Sosa and Zambrano. But why? I mean, Jorge and Victor are just your average major league players, there's nothing special about them.

jeremyb1
06-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Still with Burke, Perez, and Gload? I'm sorry but what's a farm system for if you go with career minor leaguers and fifth outfielder types over your best and most advanced prospects? What gives?