PDA

View Full Version : Closer?

Petch
06-04-2004, 07:25 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't know if my heart can take it anymore. It starts skipping beats everytime I hear Koch's name mentioned. It skips more when he is on the mound. And it nearly stops after he blows the lead...again. I can't take it anymore. What do we do?

jlh0023
06-04-2004, 08:42 PM
We kick his ass off the team....Who ever said just cause you pay a guy a big contract means he has to stay on the roster. He should have to earn his spot just like everyone else and if he isn't playing well, he should be sent down.

It doesn't seem right to counter one wrong (signing Koch to a big contract) with another (playing him). Just becuase the organization is too proud to admit they made a mistake.

jlh0023
06-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Also I think there should be another choice on the poll. 'Go Shopping', because although i think shingo could do the job, i think it is a valid choice to get a new face in the pen.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-04-2004, 09:06 PM
billy is aight. can't blame him all the way...since about 14 men are lob when he shows up

Baby Fisk
06-07-2004, 09:40 AM
I don't think any of these 4 should be the closer. Enough is enough. If KW is serious about the division and the post-season, he's got to deal for a proper closer.

soxtalker
06-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Ah, things have changed so much since spring training ....

oeo
06-07-2004, 04:44 PM
what about neal cotts?

i think he's done well late in games and can get that job done possibly.

DaveIsHere
06-07-2004, 04:49 PM
:ozzie
"Beely is still OUR closer Whitesox fans, we are in this togeder"

mealfred13
06-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by oeo
what about neal cotts?

i think he's done well late in games and can get that job done possibly.

If he stops throwing hanging changeups after several fastballs that he blows by the batter. I've seen him throw a hanger up there twice recently, both of which ended up getting crushed out of the park. I don't know if it was Sandy's fault for calling it, or Cotts' idea, but when he blows past a guy on two consecutive pitches and then slows up to a change, it's gonna get hit because if the batter couldn't catch up to the first 2, he'll be swinging just fast enough to catch the change.