PDA

View Full Version : Crazy 5th starter idea.

Meixner007
06-04-2004, 04:00 PM
If we could get NY to eat most of Jose Contreras' contract what would you think if the sox acquired him? He's been pretty good at times, and pretty awful at times. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

kermittheefrog
06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
I have an even crazier idea. Give one guy a shot, maybe Diaz, maybe Cotts. And stick with him for at least four starts. Changing their minds every week is only going to make things worse.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Diaz would be a lot better than Contreras and we wouldnt have to pay him but the minimum

Railsplitter
06-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I have an even crazier idea. Give one guy a shot, maybe Diaz, maybe Cotts. And stick with him for at least four starts. Changing their minds every week is only going to make things worse.

It's not so crazy.

cbrownson13
06-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
If we could get NY to eat most of Jose Contreras' contract what would you think if the sox acquired him? He's been pretty good at times, and pretty awful at times. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I heard on Jay Marrioti's show (yes, I know, not the best source of information, but I am sure he has sources) that Seattle is very interested in Contreras and would give up Garcia for him.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Contreras has awesome stuff but he's a total headcase and probably good for a team like Seattle who can have some patience with him. We cant afford to be patient with anyone this year.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Contreras simply can't handle the pressure of pitching in New York. It happens. Doesn't mean he's garbage. The list is long of guys who stunk in New York but pitched well elsewhere.

I can think of one right now...Kenny Rogers.

Lip

Meixner007
08-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Contreras simply can't handle the pressure of pitching in New York. It happens. Doesn't mean he's garbage. The list is long of guys who stunk in New York but pitched well elsewhere.

I can think of one right now...Kenny Rogers.

Lip
Let's hope you're right Lip. Hopefully a change of scenery is what he needs.

doublem23
08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Let's hope you're right Lip. Hopefully a change of scenery is what he needs.Nice call. :smile:

wdelaney72
08-02-2004, 05:01 PM
NY only ate $3 million out of his $9 million a year contract.

That comes out to 1/3, not "most of".

Cowch44
08-02-2004, 05:41 PM
I was simming through a videogame season and Takatsu went 22-7.....but that's just video games.

Meixner007
08-02-2004, 06:53 PM

NY only ate $3 million out of his $9 million a year contract.

That comes out to 1/3, not "most of".That post was from June.