PDA

View Full Version : Surgery For Biddle?

voodoochile
09-19-2001, 02:05 PM
This is from the ESPN Sox home page...

Pitcher Rocky Biddle, bothered be a sore right shoulder for four months, may need to undergo surgery, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Wednesday. Biddle, who was moved out of the starting rotation and into the bullpen, was supposed to have an MRI after the season. But after feeling pain in the shoulder during a workout last Thursday, Biddle opted to have an MRI on Tuesday. "If anything, (having the MRI is) a precaution to make sure there is nothing there," Biddle told the Sun-Times. "Having the information can ease my mind and let the rest of the (medical) staff know what's going on." The results of the MRI and a decision to have surgery could come Wednesday or Thursday.

Looks like most of us were right... Daver in particular... nothing new there...

Iguana775
09-19-2001, 02:25 PM
ray charles could have seen something wrong with biddle. :):)

cheeses_h_rice
09-19-2001, 03:36 PM
I can probably count on one hand the number of Sox pitchers who haven't had to go under the knife in the last 12 months.

Ridiculous.

Chisox353014
09-19-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
This is from the ESPN Sox home page...

Pitcher Rocky Biddle, bothered be a sore right shoulder for four months, may need to undergo surgery, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Wednesday. Biddle, who was moved out of the starting rotation and into the bullpen, was supposed to have an MRI after the season. But after feeling pain in the shoulder during a workout last Thursday, Biddle opted to have an MRI on Tuesday. "If anything, (having the MRI is) a precaution to make sure there is nothing there," Biddle told the Sun-Times. "Having the information can ease my mind and let the rest of the (medical) staff know what's going on." The results of the MRI and a decision to have surgery could come Wednesday or Thursday.

Looks like most of us were right... Daver in particular... nothing new there...

Why do I get the feeling we're going to be hearing the word 'labrum' again real soon?

Randar68
09-19-2001, 05:36 PM
Why do I get the feeling we're going to be hearing the word 'labrum' again real soon?

Well, we haven't actually seen a big drop in velocity, so I think it's not as bad as Parque, Wunsch, etc, who saw 6-8 mph drops on thier fastballs.....rotator cuff???? don't know, but it's all speculation at this point....we'll find out after the MRI...

Daver
09-19-2001, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Well, we haven't actually seen a big drop in velocity, so I think it's not as bad as Parque, Wunsch, etc, who saw 6-8 mph drops on thier fastballs.....rotator cuff???? don't know, but it's all speculation at this point....we'll find out after the MRI...

He's already had rotator cuff surgery once,so I would hope it's not that.The rumor I heard was tendon damage.
But then again what the hell do I know?

GASHWOUND
09-19-2001, 06:54 PM
Of course this happened. We hadn't had a Sox pitcher go down for months. Its all part of the Sox curse that doesn't allow us to make the playoffs in consecutive years. What, its not in the Sox Media Guide? You actually think it was a coincidence that we had all these injuries. HA! There are powerful forces at work here. The baseball "GODS" saw how happy we were coming into the season and said to himself,"EH,EH,EH, not so fast."
He took out his magic wand that doesn't shoot magic, but injuries. Swoosh, Swoosh, Swoosh..Bye,Bye
Thomas, Simas, Parque..Swoosh, Swoosh, Swoosh Oh, there goes, Wunsh, Barcelo, and Osuna. The magic wand swooshed at MAgs but he magic just skimmed him and hit his wrist.
But I think he will retire next season, until he sees that we are happy again.....

Also, If its a labrum I'm going to scream.

But I take it this way, we shoud be on schedule to be a playoff team in 2002.

Daver
09-19-2001, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
The baseball "GODS" saw how happy we were coming into the season and said to himself,"EH,EH,EH, not so fast."

There hasn't been any Baseball Gods since May,I had the Hunting Gods kill them in retaliation to Jerry Manuel's refusal to wake up and bench Clayton.
I'm sure this is documented somewhere,maybe ask FWC.

Chisox353014
09-21-2001, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

Just wanted to announce that my psychic services are available to anyone on this board for a discounted price. :)
Again with the labrum! AARGH! (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-21soxnt.html)

FarWestChicago
09-21-2001, 04:47 PM
Just wanted to announce that my psychic services are available to anyone on this board for a discounted price.
:cleo

Get da hell outta here, you domn fake!

Randar68
09-21-2001, 04:48 PM
He's already had rotator cuff surgery once,so I would hope it's not that.The rumor I heard was tendon damage.

Daver, this is the first instance of shoulder problems he's ever had. He did have Tommy John Surgery and missed all of the 1999 season during recover and rehab.

Yep, I didn't even know exactly what a labrum was until the Sirotka deal, and now that's what everyone is screwing up!!!

Daver
09-21-2001, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Daver, this is the first instance of shoulder problems he's ever had. He did have Tommy John Surgery and missed all of the 1999 season during recover and rehab.

Randar his shoulder surgery was in High school.I learned it from his dad.

Jerry_Manuel
09-21-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by daver

How do you know his dad Daver?

Daver
09-21-2001, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

How do you know his dad Daver?

From being on line,he occasionaly posts at the White Sox official board.He's a nice guy.

FarWestChicago
09-21-2001, 07:09 PM

From being on line,he occasionaly posts at the White Sox official board.He's a nice guy. I didn't know there was a White Sox official board. I thought it got closed down and replaced by The Tool's corporate pablum boards for all teams. But then again what the hell do I know? :)

:tool

I like my boards!

Daver
09-21-2001, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
But then again what the hell do I know?

My thoughts exacltly :)

Randar68
09-22-2001, 10:36 PM

Thanks, Daver, that's what I call inside information!!!! LOL!!!!