PDA

View Full Version : From Joe Morgan's Chat Today

JRIG
06-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Joe (Yardley, PA): Joe, would you compare the revitalization of Ken Griffey to that of Frank Thomas last season?

Joe Morgan: No, not really. Griffey's problems were all injury related and Frank had problems with management and some off the field problems.

Yeah, the achilles injury and torn triceps that kept him out of TWO WHOLE SEASONS (basically) had nothing to do with Frank's down years.

RedPinStripes
06-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Joe Morgan is such a bitter prick. I turn the volume down when he announces.

RKMeibalane
06-04-2004, 06:03 PM
It is truly amazing how the media portrays different athletes. Every time Ken Griffey Jr. hits a home run these days, the clowns at ESPN start creaming themselves at the thought of a home run race between Griffey, Sosa, and Bonds. Whenever Frank Thomas hits a home run, someone makes a comment about "how good he used to be." It's getting old. As it stands right now, Frank Thomas has better lifetime numbers than Griffey. Sure, Junior has the edge in home runs, but Frank has the advantage in almost every other category. Maybe the media should focus more on substance and less on style.

RedPinStripes
06-04-2004, 06:10 PM
You've got my vote for post of the week. :gulp:

HomeFish
06-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Wow, he knows who Frank Thomas is. Impressive.

Cubbiesuck13
06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It is truly amazing how the media portrays different athletes. Every time Ken Griffey Jr. hits a home run these days, the clowns at ESPN start creaming themselves at the thought of a home run race between Griffey, Sosa, and Bonds. Whenever Frank Thomas hits a home run, someone makes a comment about "how good he used to be." It's getting old. As it stands right now, Frank Thomas has better lifetime numbers than Griffey. Sure, Junior has the edge in home runs, but Frank has the advantage in almost every other category. Maybe the media should focus more on substance and less on style.

more on substance? less on style? never on sportscenter. i can't watch it anymore. everytime a hr is hit you hear SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!!!!

also the network that brought you the reality show to choose an anchor. sad.