PDA

View Full Version : Boers & Bernsie Ripping Sox Over Ceremony

Viva Magglio
09-19-2001, 11:24 AM
Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein are ripping the White Sox over last night's ceremony. They said the Sox screwed it up because Phyllis Arnold misspoke a couple of words from the national anthem. Picky-picky-picky.

Dadawg_77
09-19-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein are ripping the White Sox over last night's ceremony. They said the Sox screwed it up because Phyllis Arnold misspoke a couple of words from the national anthem. Picky-picky-picky.

Honestly I thought the TV version of it was poorly done. The cutting of the mic, didn't sound good and made it sound chessey, which is what they wanted to do.

Kilroy
09-19-2001, 12:23 PM

They are ticked about the common error of replacing the word (?) "o'er" with the word "for". Pickin gnat ***** outta pepper if you ask me. It's not like they had Roseanne or Enrico Palazzo out there.

Of course these two jags have also started talking about the woman's weight. Consider the source.

CubKiller
09-19-2001, 12:55 PM
I used to think Bernstein was okay, but I think he's turned into a dummy while he's been on with Boers, who was already an idiot to begin with. I now spend zero minutes every day listening to the Score...

Procol Harum
09-19-2001, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by CubKiller
I used to think Bernstein was okay, but I think he's turned into a dummy while he's been on with Boers, who was already an idiot to begin with. I now spend zero minutes every day listening to the Score...
I'm pretty much with you on how I've perceived Bernstein. He and Boers have turned their show into a smug, obnoxious deprecating insult of everyone and everything. How sad that we all don't have their "superior" insights and tastes. Couple their program with North's and there's about 8 hours when I have little use for the Score. I am glad that Jonathan Hood is on in the evenings now.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2001, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Honestly I thought the TV version of it was poorly done. The cutting of the mic, didn't sound good and made it sound chessey, which is what they wanted to do.

Boers and Bernsie are both sensationalistic dopes, but especially Boers. I guess they couldn't find anything else to whine about while sitting on their sofas at home.

For those of us at the game, the sound quality was flawless and the ceremony itself very moving. As I mentioned in the TBGR, there were two moments of silence spontaneously observed by the crowd in addition to the one officially requested by the Comiskey PA announcer. Perhaps Boers and Bernsie missed that part while taking a piss or raiding the fridge during commercials.

In their defense, B&B are positively cerebral compared to that total moron the Score employs mid-days. How he hasn't lost his job is beyond me.

"I resemble that remark."
:ass

CubKiller
09-19-2001, 01:46 PM
I was there too, and I thought the singer did a fine job. The whole pre-game was okay with me. Of course the actual game was flat-out terrible...

It's too bad, PHG, that you had to see that Sox effort on your birthday...

Hopefully the Sox can really stick it to Clemens tonight though.

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2001, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

I am glad that Jonathan Hood is on in the evenings now.

Evening is the only time I can hear the Score, and then last night I hear Hood talking about pro wrestling, for cryin' out loud. Pro wrestling when there are so many real sports the Score never discusses?

Procol Harum
09-19-2001, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Evening is the only time I can hear the Score, and then last night I hear Hood talking about pro wrestling, for cryin' out loud. Pro wrestling when there are so many real sports the Score never discusses?

Gotta chalk it up to individual eccentricity on his part 'cuz otherwise I like him quite a bit. That's been a regular show for over 2 years now. Believe me, I DO tune out after 10 on Tuesdays.

Chisox353014
09-19-2001, 05:23 PM

I noticed that too, but give me a break! That woman put absolutely everything she had into that rendition. It gave me goose bumps watching at home, and I'm not exactly the most flag-waving patriot in the world.

chisoxt
09-19-2001, 06:36 PM
I generally like Boers and Bernstein, but they are way off base on this one. Even if the ceremony wasn't to your satisfaction, the point was that the Sox heart was in the right place and that they tried. Unfortuanlety, lately these two have too much become the arbiters of good and bad taste.

Daver
09-19-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

I noticed that too, but give me a break! That woman put absolutely everything she had into that rendition. It gave me goose bumps watching at home, and I'm not exactly the most flag-waving patriot in the world.

I am a flag waving patriot,and I also appreciate a good performance,I saw nothing wrong with the anthem.

As long as the Score employs Dan Bernstein and Mike North,they will continue to slide in the ratings.

doublem23
09-19-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

Same here. I'm not what people tend to think of as ultra-patriotic, but damn, even on TV, I thought it was very well done. I can only imagine what it muct have been like to be there.

BTW - Sorry I haven't been on lately. All those damn "smart people" classes they like stickn' me in are catchin' up to me. Happy belated B-day, PHG. See? All the great people have their birthdays in September. Me, PHG, Me, FWC, Me... uh.... Me. (Not that I'm some sort of egomaniac.

duke of dorwood
09-20-2001, 07:47 AM
Sure they bash the ceremony. I was there too. It was solemn and reverent. Why ANYONE would turn on that waste of 50,000 watts is beyond me. Bernstein is a condiscending snob, and likely the flagship of that station. It goes down from there.

Dadawg_77
09-20-2001, 10:56 AM
This is from ESPN page two...
. Few moments in sports are more electric than this one: a gifted
singer performing the "Star Spangled Banner" or "God Bless
America" during a national crisis

I brought this up in Friday's column, but it's worth mentioning again. I
mean, did you hear the woman who performed before Tuesday's
Yankees-White Sox game? Goosebumps galore. Absolutely the most
memorable sports moment of the year. She was the anti-Carl Lewis.

34 Inch Stick
09-21-2001, 11:07 AM
I don't think you will have to worry about that dynamic duo for much longer. I read that their ratings are the worst of any time slot on the Score. Boers has always been a drag. His former show was fueled by Mc Neil. Bernstein is like a little girl, giggling at every comment or thought that comes up.

duke of dorwood
09-21-2001, 01:12 PM
We are talking about a station who has kept the same no talent bums on since they started. You have to die or quit to be off it. Bad ratings, since they started, meant nothing before. Dan McNeil was the smart one, he quit. And poor Doug Buffone, getting placed with another ZERO, Jiggetts. The most logical of all on that station, Les Grobstein, was canned.