PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6/4/04

Hangar18
06-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Cub morning show was about as cubtastic as ever. Murph spent about 90% of the show Groaning and Moaning about
Corey Patterson (thus baiting his callers). Please....CONN AND MEIER to replace that show..........Mariotti tries to alternately Blast The Messiah for leaving an autograph session early....
then saying ITS OK, a "kid making a mistake". Mariotti waffles more than a pancake. He describes a scene as "chaos" and
"children crying". what bs. Cub fans surely are disconnected from reality arent they?

Cubune:
5 cub stories
3 sox stories
Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since ST..........

CUBS 820
SOX 561

rahulsekhar
06-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Mariotti tries to alternately Blast The Messiah for leaving an autograph session early....
then saying ITS OK, a "kid making a mistake". Mariotti waffles more than a pancake. He describes a scene as "chaos" and
"children crying". what bs. Cub fans surely are disconnected from reality arent they?

Hmmm....wonder if it'd be forgiven if it was Frank bolting on a session? Yeah, because Jay's a fan of both teams!! Even the one "on the wrong side of town".

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Hmmm....wonder if it'd be forgiven if it was Frank bolting on a session? Yeah, because Jay's a fan of both teams!! Even the one "on the wrong side of town".

:moron

"With the Big Blurt having bolted 3 minutes early from his contractual commitment to sign autographs at the Pier One store in Elmhurst, he hereby cements his reputation as the most evil baseball player to ever put on a professional uniform, and yet another dark stain in a series of blemishes arising out of the dirty Smut Sox outfit on the wrong side of town. I have, in accordance with my status as Arbitrator Of All Sports In Chicago, hereby issued a fatwa against Frank Thomas, and he is to be ripped apart by human hands upon sight."

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Yeah, *** was that by Mariotti? He was giving Prior advice on how he should have handled the situation instead of criticizing the Hell out of him(which is what any reasonable person would do)? I mean, yes Prior could have backed out of it and rescheduled and that probably would have been the right thing to do as Mariotti said, but he didn't and there were a lot of very very angry people surrounding this. THe article should have reflected that more so than the forgiving one that Jay wrote.

dpbyron
06-04-2004, 11:32 AM
When is the last time we beat them outright in stories in BOTH papers on the same day?

fledgedrallycap
06-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by dpbyron
When is the last time we beat them outright in stories in BOTH papers on the same day?

September, 2000

rahulsekhar
06-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Yeah, *** was that by Mariotti? He was giving Prior advice on how he should have handled the situation instead of criticizing the Hell out of him(which is what any reasonable person would do)? I mean, yes Prior could have backed out of it and rescheduled and that probably would have been the right thing to do as Mariotti said, but he didn't and there were a lot of very very angry people surrounding this. THe article should have reflected that more so than the forgiving one that Jay wrote.

yeah, overlooked is basically that Mark saw a huge line and thought:

1) Hmm, I can stay the time I'm supposed to, sign for as many as I can fit in in that period (i.e. negating the imapact of any excess attendance), and then leave

2) Wow - the fans love me, I should probably stay late and make sure everyone gets a sig. After all, it's not like I'm doing anything strenuous - I'm signing my name!

3) I'm outta here.

Not to mention that even the ones he did sign for apparently he was fairly surly.

JRIG
06-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Cub morning show was about as cubtastic as ever. Murph spent about 90% of the show Groaning and Moaning about
Corey Patterson (thus baiting his callers). Please....CONN AND MEIER to replace that show..........

Pretty tought to do that since Conn just re-upped with WLS. But, you can still get Garry "Second Banana" Meier to do the morning show. Maybe he can co-host with his wife/agent/career-wrecker.

HebrewHammer
06-04-2004, 11:48 AM

Not to mention that even the ones he did sign for apparently he was fairly surly. [/B]

You'd be surly too if you had to heal the sick, raise the dead, single-handedly save a baseball team AND sign autographs for a massive throng of your worshippers. I guess there isn't enough Messiah to go around.

patbooyah
06-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Please....CONN AND MEIER to replace that show..........

please, man. lets not get ahead of ourselves. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :supernana:

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 12:14 PM

Although I agree with you, I don't know if Frank is the best guy to do a comparison. He does have a "history" of being a rectum according to B&B. However, if it was Maggs, Buerhle, or Loaiza I bet they would get raked over the coals.

Uncle_Patrick
06-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah

please, man. lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Pat, you wouldn't be a fan of that idea? I'm shocked! :D:

patbooyah
06-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
Pat, you wouldn't be a fan of that idea? I'm shocked! :D:

its a good week in the dahl household. :)

jackbrohamer
06-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by HebrewHammer
You'd be surly too if you had to heal the sick, raise the dead, single-handedly save a baseball team AND sign autographs for a massive throng of your worshippers. I guess there isn't enough Messiah to go around.

LMAO. People watching today's game on WGN will be able to walk, where they could not walk before.