PDA

View Full Version : The Messiah is among us

Irishsox1
06-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Anyone who is interested in seeing "God", or "The Messiah" he will be appearing today at 1060 W. Addison at 2:20 pm. Usually the "Messiah" appears in a painting at a church or a taco in Mexico, but today he will be throwing a baseball. I urge all the bible beaters and holy rollers to get out your crosses and spread the good word. God is among us and he is a cocky, sideburn wearing, Game 6 choking, USC spoiled brat, pitching for the biggest bunch of losers. Praise the lord.

Michelle
06-04-2004, 11:08 AM
*giggles*

BigEdWalsh
06-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!!
:D:

SOXSINCE'70
06-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Here's hoping the Pirates score at least 10 runs off him,his ERA
soars to infinity and he's on the DL for the rest of the year with a bruised ego. :) :D:

MARK PRIOR IS A SPOILED,CHOKING BITCH WHO'S FARRRRRR
TOO OVERRATED!!

Tekijawa
06-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
MARK PRIOR IS A SPOILED,CHOKING BITCH WHO'S FARRRRRR
TOO OVERRATED!!

I wouldn't go that far but as I've seen him described before, he is a Kid with Very big socks!

BigEdWalsh
06-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Gee, it just occurred to me (it's like I had a VISION!). Whenever Prior...I'm sorry...The Messiah...pitches at home they oughta have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame. :gulp:

Hokiesox
06-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Anyone who is interested in seeing "God", or "The Messiah" he will be appearing today at 1060 W. Addison at 2:20 pm. Usually the "Messiah" appears in a painting at a church or a taco in Mexico, but today he will be throwing a baseball. I urge all the bible beaters and holy rollers to get out your crosses and spread the good word. God is among us and he is a cocky, sideburn wearing, Game 6 choking, USC spoiled brat, pitching for the biggest bunch of losers. Praise the lord.

:D:

You forgot the "Hear ye, Hear ye" before you started. Other than that, very funny.

VA_GoGoSox
06-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I heard he gets to pitch every game for the rest of the season. And he's going to bat fourth in the lineup.

Cellview22
06-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Steve Stone: "The crowd gives Mark Prior a standing ovation as he ascends to the mound."

Tekijawa
06-04-2004, 02:26 PM
He's Perfect through one!!!

I'm supprised the Tribune hasn't had a special edition put out yet?

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Is this the official thread, then? Did Saint Harry descend from the clouds to offer the opening blessing?

Tekijawa
06-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Is this the official thread, then? Did Saint Harry descend from the clouds to offer the opening blessing?

No he was spotted peeing on the door at 3245 N. Halsted because, "where else was he going to go?"

Tekijawa
06-04-2004, 02:34 PM
First strike out of the Game goes to Patterson...

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Is anyone following this on TV? Just wondering if He stuck with the Big Blue Socks.

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Derrek Lee was on 2nd, but Alou pissed away the scoring opportunity with a fly out. 0-0 after 1. Passion back on the mound.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 02:45 PM
He really doesnt look all that impressive. Yes the pirates have gone down in order but they are very impatient. Some of his pitches look as though he is holding on to them too long and they are drifting to the left. He went 2-0 and 3-1 on Randall Simon, which is tough to do. I predict that the second time around the order Prior starts to get lit up. And the two of those called strikeouts were bad calls. One of them off the plate and the other low.

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Godless Rob Mackowiack extracted 9 pitches from the Passion, but He remains perfect after 2!

bennyw41
06-04-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't think there should be a Cubs game thread on this board. I'm sorry...but....you made me do it.....

:threadsucks

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Luckily Benny, you don't have to waste your life reading this thread.

Mods, should I "take this to chat?" :?:

Tekijawa
06-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Luckily Benny, you don't have to waste your life reading this thread.

Mods, should I "take this to chat?" :?:

Where else am I going ot read a completely unbiased report of what he's doing... not the Trib

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Prior's strikezone today is about as big as it gets.

2 of his K's came on bad calls and the other on a questionable call. The K on Fogg to end the thrid was just so egregious that even Chimp mentioned that it was "generous"

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Goose eggs after 3 innings. Passion's second trip through the order...

DeportSammy
06-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Prior makes little kids cry. He was at some store in Naperville yesterday to sign autographs and decided to not shake hands, take pictures, or talk to any of the 500+ people who waited in line to meet him. The paper said that little boys were seen crying outside the store when he suddenly left the store an hour before he was supposed to. What a class act. :whiner: <-----Cubs fans

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by DeportSammy
Prior makes little kids cry. He was at some store in Naperville yesterday to sign autographs and decided to not shake hands, take pictures, or talk to any of the 500+ people who waited in line to meet him. The paper said that little boys were seen crying outside the store when he suddenly left the store an hour before he was supposed to. What a class act. :whiner: <-----Cubs fans

Thanks for the informative and timely post. I hadn't seen this discussed here before.

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2004, 03:19 PM
After 4 innings, the Pirates haven't even gotten the ball out of the infield.

Pathetic.

mcfish
06-04-2004, 03:21 PM
The Perfect Game is disrupted. Single by Cub Killa Rob Mackowiak.

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
After 4 innings, the Pirates haven't even gotten the ball out of the infield.

Pathetic.
Yeah, but Cheeses, the Passion has only got a paltry 5 Ks so far... :D:

Besides, cancel the post game show. Mackowiak just got a hit.

I'm on chat as well in case anyone wants to kibbitz.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 03:26 PM
The Cubs could have any pitcher they want in the history of baseball but if they cant score runs they're still going nowhere. Ask the LA Dodgers of last year.

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The Cubs could have any pitcher they want in the history of baseball but if they cant score runs they're still going nowhere. Ask the LA Dodgers of last year.
Too bad the freakin Buccos can't score either. Mackowiak tagged out at home. Still no score.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 03:32 PM
TIKE REDMAN

Robs the Cubs of a run with an incredible catch out in center field. A definite Web Gem.

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Hokay, this is making me sick. Please score, Pittsburgh!

mcfish
06-04-2004, 04:37 PM
1-0 Scrubs.

At least Borowski is their closer, so we have a chance.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Can we, as White Sox fans, shut up about Prior already now? I mean, the guy missed three months and was throwing breaking balls like nobody else. He's really good, and he's going to continue to be really good. Who cares? But to listen to a parade of White Sox fans pretend he's not that good, just makes us sound like morons.

mcfish
06-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Prior is a fantastic pitcher. I would never say otherwise. I may want the Pirates to win, but that doesn't mean I don't think Prior is great. The reason this is a thread is because a great player who has been out for 2+ months on a team we hate is pitching. If you don't want to read about it, don't. This is the Parking Lot, not the Sox Clubhouse.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by mcfish
Prior is a fantastic pitcher. I would never say otherwise. I may want the Pirates to win, but that doesn't mean I don't think Prior is great. The reason this is a thread is because a great player who has been out for 2+ months on a team we hate is pitching. If you don't want to read about it, don't. This is the Parking Lot, not the Sox Clubhouse.

No, I think your attitude is a-okay. You can hate the dude all you want. I don't, but I don't care if you do. I'm just talking to the realm of people (not even necessarily in this thread) who say things like he's not very good, or he doesn't look impressive or what not. He's scary good, and will continue to be. To say Mark Prior is not very good is to say that you don't know baseball.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 04:52 PM
JOE BLOW BLOWS THE SAVE

Inning summary:

Kendall hits a gap shot that Alou makes a fantastic catch on
Jack Wilson hits a double down the left field line
Daryl Ward weakly flies out to third on the first pitch
Craig Wilson hits a base hit to left field. Alou makes a mediocre throw this time and the other Wilson is in standing, Craig to second.

So 3 out of four batters hit the ball pretty well. And you think we've got it bad with Koch....

mcfish
06-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
No, I think your attitude is a-okay. You can hate the dude all you want. I don't, but I don't care if you do. I'm just talking to the realm of people (not even necessarily in this thread) who say things like he's not very good, or he doesn't look impressive or what not. He's scary good, and will continue to be. To say Mark Prior is not very good is to say that you don't know baseball.

Understood. I agree on all counts - and I don't hate Prior, just his team.

On that note, nice work Craig Wilson! I know Joe Bo could come through and blow this one.

Edit:

Go Stynes too! Pirates up 2-1! Hold 'em Bucs.

Reichardt
06-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Thank you Bucco's :D:

Unregistered
06-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Holy crap, the Cubs suck.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Go ahead run scores on Chris Stynes' RBI single to right on which Craig scored easily off Remlinger.
Simon flies out, onto the 9th.
Jose Mesa time

Unregistered
06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Cubs Lose 2-1.
:gulp:

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Holy crap, the Cubs suck.

Is there a worse in-game manager than Dusty Baker?

I almost want Riggleman back.

FarWestChicago
06-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Is there a worse in-game manager than Dusty Baker?

I almost want Riggleman back. And don't you dare ask him about it! That man does not take criticism well. There's a radio guy out here who was the local FOD leader and just one time questioned one move. Dustbin went from a regular on his show to never appearing again.

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 05:28 PM
He may be a good motivator, but his managing skills are rubbish.

FarWestChicago
06-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
He may be a good motivator, but his managing skills are rubbish. Can you imagine how Gain'ts fans feel about the WS...oh yeah. almost. :o:

kittle42
06-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Can we, as White Sox fans, shut up about Prior already now? I mean, the guy missed three months and was throwing breaking balls like nobody else. He's really good, and he's going to continue to be really good. Who cares? But to listen to a parade of White Sox fans pretend he's not that good, just makes us sound like morons.

He died for our sins, Jason.

soltrain21
06-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

Nicely played. I laughed at all my Cub fan friends today for atleast an hour...

Whitesox029
06-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Where are the people who came up with the Sosa Cork Company T-shirts on this one? We need to make a t-shirt out of this if you ask me.

Whitesox029
06-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Today he died for the bullpen's sins.

voodoochile
06-04-2004, 07:08 PM
remember, it's all bartman's fault...

Fridaythe13thJason
06-05-2004, 10:48 AM