PDA

View Full Version : Should he stay or should he go?

Dadawg_77
06-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Should Jerry wack Kenny?

Kilroy
06-04-2004, 12:41 AM
For what? Putting together a division leading team?

Yeah, can his ass.

gosox41
06-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Should Jerry wack Kenny?

I hope the Sox win it all. But if they do happen to fall apart, I'd like to see a comparison of these poll results now and when the season is over.

Bob

pearso66
06-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Id have to say a swing of 5-10 games can't be blamed on KW. If the Sox win 88 games and miss the playoffs, its not because KW didn't put a winning team on the field. Now if they only win 60, thats another point and KW should go. And yes I will stick by this at the end of the year

doublem23
06-04-2004, 01:21 AM
We're in first place!

Act like it.

batmanZoSo
06-04-2004, 01:27 AM
Should Jerry wack Kenny?

If we don't win the division then yes he should be. But will he? Hell mutha------- no.

But as of right now, I fail to see what this is all about. We're two games up in first.

ode to veeck
06-04-2004, 01:36 AM
I think a consensus is forming ...

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 01:47 AM
This thread and the entire premise of this thread is a freaking joke!!! What first place team fires their GM???? Dadawg, you're way off base here. Because of your opposition to one move we have to bring this up. We have the best Runs Scored/Runs Allowed differential in baseball. That's gotta count for something in KW's favor. We're also in first place by two games. That's gotta count for something too.

KW has implied that if Maggs needs surgery that they are going to call up Joe Borchard and you can expect Kelly Dransfeldt or possibly Burke to be sent down if that's the case. If it's not, then Maggs will be back soon enough. The other one will be gone probably no later than June 12th because we're going to need to open up a roster spot for the 5th starter unless we go to someone in the bullpen.

I really hate off days and a lot of it has to do with stupid threads and pointless non-issues that Sox fans create because they have no game to talk about.

StockdaleForVeep
06-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
This thread and the entire premise of this thread is a freaking joke!!! What first place team fires their GM???? Dadawg, you're way off base here. Because of your opposition to one move we have to bring this up. We have the best Runs Scored/Runs Allowed differential in baseball. That's gotta count for something in KW's favor. We're also in first place by two games. That's gotta count for something too.

KW has implied that if Maggs needs surgery that they are going to call up Joe Borchard and you can expect Kelly Dransfeldt or possibly Burke to be sent down if that's the case. If it's not, then Maggs will be back soon enough. The other one will be gone probably no later than June 12th because we're going to need to open up a roster spot for the 5th starter unless we go to someone in the bullpen.

I really hate off days and a lot of it has to do with stupid threads and pointless non-issues that Sox fans create because they have no game to talk about.

Is there a "this poll sucks" tag?

I think some people here whine more about kw than kc fans do whining about their last place team. God, WE'RE FIRST PLACE!

FarWestChicago
06-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Is there a "this poll sucks" tag?Use the thread tag, everybody will get your drift. :D:

ode to veeck
06-04-2004, 01:55 AM
How did the "should he go" get 2 votes?!?!

Is this the result of someone voting in the old Chicago tradition, early and often?

FarWestChicago
06-04-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
How did the "should he go" get 2 votes?!?!

Is this the result of someone voting in the old Chicago tradition, early and often? Some FOBB other than Dawg. They don't all go to bed early I guess. :smile:

santo=dorf
06-04-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Use the thread tag, everybody will get your drift. :D:

I guess I'll do the honors...
:threadsucks

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
I guess I'll do the honors...

Thank you

Jjav829
06-04-2004, 09:11 AM
Some FOBB other than Dawg. They don't all go to bed early I guess. :smile:

Well, you know those Billy Beane games don't finish all too early. They have to stay up to late. :smile:

Dadawg_77
06-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Well, you know those Billy Beane games don't finish all too early. They have to stay up to late. :smile:

you guys are priceless, I begining to think you and West are obsessed with Beane because anything thread with question Kenny, you two love to bring him up. There other but you two are always there.

Dadawg_77
06-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

I just asked the question, should Kenny be fired or not. Trust me, my opinion isn't based on one or two moves but cumulative of Kenny's work. To me, it has been sub par, that why I said fired him. Also one should base their positive opinion on one two months of baseball.

DaveIsHere
06-04-2004, 09:47 AM
This the most stupid poll I have ever seen on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 09:54 AM
A first place team firing its GM? Are we that starved for media attention??? Bad idea.

LongLiveFisk
06-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
This the most stupid poll I have ever seen on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...then I guess I better not post the "boxers or briefs?" poll I was considering. :)

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

That Billy Joel vs Elton John poll was pretty bad... :cool:

soxtalker
06-04-2004, 10:08 AM
I've never been a KW supporter. While he's been learning, his style and the resulting decisions still worry me. I'm always quite willing to question his moves and thought process. So, I probably would have voted to remove him during the off season. But I can't see how one would do so now when the team is in first place. In fact, I don't know when one could do this during this season. Barring injuries, it doesn't look like we'll crash and burn. I personally will be unhappy if he mortgages the future for a chance to win now, but I'm very much in the minority.

FarWestChicago
06-04-2004, 10:11 AM
you guys are priceless, I begining to think you and West are obsessed with Beane because anything thread with question Kenny, you two love to bring him up. There other but you two are always there. Anything you say, Ahab.

Dadawg_77
06-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Anything you say, Ahab.

Always good for a laugh, West.

I think we all are Ahab trying to get that big white whale of a world series trophy.

jlh0023
06-04-2004, 04:53 PM

PaulDrake
06-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by jlh0023
:threadsucks I almost always hate to see this posted. Nobody should be put down for voicing an opinion. When the hell did KW get so popular ? I'm frankly stunned by the one sided nature of the vote. I for one, wish KW had never been hired. I will grant you his intelligence and drive. Still, how short our memories are. I guess people forgot how he did his best to put Manuel on a short leash, dictating lineups, planting spies in the clubhouse, overturning buffet tables. Three of the worst trades in White Sox history. A greatly degraded minor league system. Yes he has improved and maybe you could even say matured. He still has a strong streak of arrogance and egoism. You win working with people, not looking down at them with a condescendending attitude. I'm glad the White Sox are in first place. I'll be ecstatic if they still are in October. I hope KW continues to improve because he sure as hell isn't going anywhere. What a difference a couple of years makes. KW did a good job of turning folks around starting last season.

fquaye149
06-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by PaulDrake
I almost always hate to see this posted. Nobody should be put down for voicing an opinion. When the hell did KW get so popular ? I'm frankly stunned by the one sided nature of the vote. I for one, wish KW had never been hired. I will grant you his intelligence and drive. Still, how short our memories are. I guess people forgot how he did his best to put Manuel on a short leash, dictating lineups, planting spies in the clubhouse, overturning buffet tables. Three of the worst trades in White Sox history. A greatly degraded minor league system. Yes he has improved and maybe you could even say matured. He still has a strong streak of arrogance and egoism. You win working with people, not looking down at them with a condescendending attitude. I'm glad the White Sox are in first place. I'll be ecstatic if they still are in October. I hope KW continues to improve because he sure as hell isn't going anywhere. What a difference a couple of years makes. KW did a good job of turning folks around starting last season.

:moron:
"hey, i like this guy!"

wolcott10
06-04-2004, 07:05 PM
One more time!

OEO Magglio
06-04-2004, 07:10 PM
These threads are absolutely awful. Kenny is a good gm, get over it. One more of these couldn't hurt.

SoxBoy14
06-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Keep Kenny fire Jerry. If only there was a way :(:

FarWestChicago
06-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I almost always hate to see this posted. Nobody should be put down for voicing an opinion. When the hell did KW get so popular ? I'm frankly stunned by the one sided nature of the vote.Paul, it's the extreme nature (wow Dawg and extreme associated, I'm shocked!) of the poll. Who knows how popular KW is? The question is should he be fired? You might see something different if the poll were about grading or ranking Kenny. But firing? A little bit out there... (who would associate Dawg and out there?)

OEO Magglio
06-04-2004, 07:19 PM
I almost always hate to see this posted. Nobody should be put down for voicing an opinion. When the hell did KW get so popular ? I'm frankly stunned by the one sided nature of the vote. I for one, wish KW had never been hired. I will grant you his intelligence and drive. Still, how short our memories are. I guess people forgot how he did his best to put Manuel on a short leash, dictating lineups, planting spies in the clubhouse, overturning buffet tables. Three of the worst trades in White Sox history. A greatly degraded minor league system. Yes he has improved and maybe you could even say matured. He still has a strong streak of arrogance and egoism. You win working with people, not looking down at them with a condescendending attitude. I'm glad the White Sox are in first place. I'll be ecstatic if they still are in October. I hope KW continues to improve because he sure as hell isn't going anywhere. What a difference a couple of years makes. KW did a good job of turning folks around starting last season.
First off I've always been a huge supporter of kw because for the most part he's done a very good job. Second off there are these threads popping out of no where trying to put down kw and say he should get fired and it's getting absolutely ridiculous. There are some people who refuse to recognize good moves kenny has made and only reconize him for the bad ones. There have been three threads in the last day bashing kw and it's just annoying and there all pointless threads.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Paul, it's the extreme nature (wow Dawg and extreme associated, I'm shocked!) of the poll. Who knows how popular KW is? The question is should he be fired? You might see something different if the poll were about grading or ranking Kenny. But firing? A little bit out there... (who would associate Dawg and out there?)

Exactly right, if this poll were "Are you a fan of Kenny Williams?" it might be 50/50 or so. Anyone who thinks he should be fired, however, isn't paying attention. There are a lot of teams in a lot worse shape out there, and with the payroll he's working with, I think he's done some good things, and some bad.

Petch
06-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I hate this. We are in first place. Everyone always wants to point the finger at Kenny, even when we're winning. There comes a time when we are all acting ridiculous. This is it. Let the Sox screw it up at least before you call for Kenny W's job.

Whitesox029
06-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Should Jerry wack Kenny?
I voted no, Keep Kenny. Though he is sometimes wrong, Kenny is a man of action. That's more than I can say for Schueler, who was afraid to take risks. Kenny did good with Colon, and he will have his successes, but he did bad with Ritchie and he will also have his failures.