PDA

View Full Version : On this date ...

ode to veeck
06-03-2004, 06:35 PM
... many, many, many years ago Ode was born in a small hamlet near Chicago (well, actually Milwaukee). Later that summer, Ode was given a Milwaukee Braves hat and his mother turned down WS tix to stay home and watch the new baby. His parents bought a new camera and took lots of pics of the new baby with the 'M' hat on.

... in 2002, my Sox birthday present was that Jerry Manual announced Royce would be benched from his everyday starting SS position. Allthough, this came about a year after Ode first asked for it, and Jerry quickly renigged anyway, Ode was very appreciative for the thought on his birthday. Ode got a new Nikon D1X D-SLR camera.

... in 2003, my Sox birthday present was that Sammy Soza was caught using a corked bat in an official MLB game and prompty suspended. This was a birthday present whose benefits would come to last a lot longer than Royce's benching the previous year. Ode also got a new Kodak 14N D-SLR camera.

... in 2004, Ode went to Eureka & picked up a very old studio Deardorff 11x14 camera and stand. His wife Wendy won't let it in the house as its so big and we have no room for it and Ode can't figure out when he'll be able to put the seats back in the van again.

Ode is really trying to figure out what great gift is coming from the gods of Sox baseball to match what he received the previous two years ?!?

---maybe we'll find out tomorrow morning Maggs doesn't need surgery?

---maybe we'll wake up and read about the big trade for the 5th ace starter?

--- or maybe its just that the Sox are in 1st place all by themselves at this point in the season

MRKARNO
06-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dinger

Hopefully we'll start hearing over the wires in a few hours that we've acquired a fifth starter! (I sincerely doubt it, but enjoy having a Sox team that's 2 games in first place!)

Palehose13
06-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Ode-

Happy Birthday!!!
That was a great post. I have plenty of room in my house on the south side of Mil town for that camera (so I can babysit it for you)...and the little woman is quite the photographer! I hope the Sox gods are good to all of us on this glorious day!

ode to veeck
06-03-2004, 07:45 PM
PH13, Are you sure about that? Here is a picture of the camera and stand from Corrective Photography

I actually already owned one of the cameras, but bought camera plus stand because that was the only economical way to get the stand from the previous owner. Now I have an extra S11X14 Deardorf to get rid of. My stand has only 8.5' poles. The lengths of the poles were variable (depending on what your catalog photography house wanted/needed). They ranged in size from 6 or 7 feet up to 22 feet in height.

Palehose13
06-03-2004, 08:11 PM
HOLY MOLEY! That is one big camera and stand! Ummmmm...maybe I don't have room. I don't think the little woman wants me to rip up some of the ceiling. Although I bought a chainsaw last weekend and I keep looking for things to cut up... :D:

ode to veeck
06-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Here's a better pic of the camera with the bed extensions racked out a little (for longer lenses or greater magnification), showing all 3 bellows

FarWestChicago
06-03-2004, 09:13 PM
:happybday :gulp: :gulp: :happybday

The best thing about ode birthdays is there are more of them than mine. :cool:

ode to veeck
06-03-2004, 09:36 PM
The best thing about ode birthdays is there are more of them than mine

Well, yeah, maybe by only the shade of a nipple
(or epsilon for the math geeks)

ode to veeck
06-04-2004, 01:15 AM
PH13,

that makes me think of some personal biker chainsaw in the house stories I'll have to tell you sometime ...

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
PH13,

that makes me think of some personal biker chainsaw in the house stories I'll have to tell you sometime ...

Looking forward to it! :gulp:

Kilroy
06-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Happy Birthday, Ode!! And many more.

So tell me, what do you do with that huge camera? Aside from the obvious, of course. There has to be a little more to the story than that. Hobby?