PDA

View Full Version : Mark Prior's appearance at "Just Ducky" in Naperville is somehow worthy of...

cheeses_h_rice
06-03-2004, 06:15 PM
...a 3-minute segment on Channel 7's 6:00 news.

Yes, a player making a paid, promotional appearance at a retail store is now considered newsworthy in this godforsaken city.

Hangar, thought you might wanna know...

maurice
06-03-2004, 07:50 PM
I take it you missed the "Dusty makes a sandwich at Subway" segment that ran on numerous local "news" broadcasts only days ago.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I take it you missed the "Dusty makes a sandwich at Subway" segment that ran on numerous local "news" broadcasts only days ago.

Was this supposed to be in teal, or did it actually happen?

Jerry_Manuel
06-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

I didn't see it on tv, but I heard about it. Has to do with the Cubs vs. Sox series, Ozzie was supposedly involved as well. They make their own subs, and people vote on them. Something odd like that.

chisoxfanforever
06-03-2004, 09:31 PM
A friend of mine went there, and the only way to get an autograph was to buy a $200 baseball or a Wrigley commerative for $300!! They are huge Cub fans and they left. I would be curious to know how may people actually paid that much money for a scrub's autograph. What is with the Cubs? When Mags was in Naperville last summer, he signed anything for free.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanforever
A friend of mine went there, and the only way to get an autograph was to buy a $200 baseball or a Wrigley commerative for $300!! They are huge Cub fans and they left. I would be curious to know how may people actually paid that much money for a scrub's autograph. What is with the Cubs? When Mags was in Naperville last summer, he signed anything for free.

That's because the Cubs are a bunch of greedy ****ers who don't care about their fans. Not that the Sox organization is much better, but at least their players don't ask fans to pay through the nose so they can sign a piece of paper.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 10:11 PM
This just in...

Frank Thomas of the Chicago White Sox will be visiting a Seattle-area Starbucks tomorrow morning between 9 and 11. Fans are invited to go and spend time with the greatest player in White Sox history. Thomas will be joined at the event by Mariners star Ichiro Suzuki. Autographs and pictures are free.

I can just imagine the negative press this would carry when only a few fans showed up, because it would be happening in Seattle.

Honestly, this is the kind of crap the Chicago media needs to ignore. A Cubs official (player or coach) makes a public appreance. Big deal! Celebreties do that all the time. I really am sick and tired of the way the Cubune and other Chicago papers try to build up everything associated with the Teddy Bears.

Jjav829
06-03-2004, 10:29 PM
So as they billboard the story on ABC, they pan the line of people waiting to meet Prior. And what do we see about half way through the shot? A man in a White Sox jersey. It looked like a #36 jersey though I suppose I could have misread the number as the shot was quick. It might have been a 35 and a Thomas jersey. Nonetheless, I hope Hangar wasn't watching. :D:

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
So as they billboard the story on ABC, they pan the line of people waiting to meet Prior. And what do we see about half way through the shot? A man in a White Sox jersey. It looked like a #36 jersey though I suppose I could have misread the number as the shot was quick. It might have been a 35 and a Thomas jersey. Nonetheless, I hope Hangar wasn't watching. :D:

Sox fans trying to meet Prior? I hope he went there only because he wanted to tell Mark how much sucks.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-03-2004, 10:35 PM
That's because the Cubs are a bunch of greedy ****ers who don't care about their fans.

:reinsy
Hey i'm no slouch

santo=dorf
06-04-2004, 12:08 AM
I was listening to ESPN 1000 and Harry said it was a complete disaster. He only signed autographs if you bought a $500 jersey or a $300 Wrigley Field ornament. Some guy called in and said that the place normally sells them for $100. After an hour and a half, Mark quit signing and complained of hand cramps. People weren't allowed to take pictures or shake his hands, so I guess he was like an art exhibit for another half an hour. Harry said the store manager broke down in tears twice and said there were a ton of little Cub fans crying and even saying stuff like "I hope he loses tomorrow," and " I hope he gets rocked." The true Cub fans sure love their players.

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
I was listening to ESPN 1000 and Harry said it was a complete disaster. He only signed autographs if you bought a $500 jersey or a $300 Wrigley Field ornament. Some guy called in and said that the place normally sells them for $100. After an hour and a half, Mark quit signing and complained of hand cramps. People weren't allowed to take pictures or shake his hands, so I guess he was like an art exhibit for another half an hour. Harry said the store manager broke down in tears twice and said there were a ton of little Cub fans crying and even saying stuff like "I hope he loses tomorrow," and " I hope he gets rocked." The true Cub fans sure love their players.

I love Harry Teinowitz, even though he's a Cubbie fan!

It will be interesting to see amount of coverage The SCORE gives this tomorrow and I'm sure the many Cubune outlets will give plenty of time to what Harry reported...

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 01:44 AM
Heh, sounds credible.

After his two starts at Lansing, he donated money to the Lugnuts charities, bought the team steak dinners after each start, and signed autographs even though the Lugs GM said no.

Same thing at Iowa, the tab was $1100. He also took at a half-page ad in the Des Moines Register thanking the fans.

What a dirtbag.

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Heh, sounds credible.

After his two starts at Lansing, he donated money to the Lugnuts charities, bought the team steak dinners after each start, and signed autographs even though the Lugs GM said no.

Same thing at Iowa, the tab was $1100. He also took at a half-page ad in the Des Moines Register thanking the fans.

What a dirtbag.

Yeah, you're right you just can't believe a thing that Cub fan Harry Teinwitz says.

And oh, you know if someone does something good one day that proves beyond any doubt that they could ever do something wrong another day.

Anyway, it could very well be that Prior reacted the way Cub fan Teinwitz said because this was a public appearance BEFORE a start and not AFTER as you described. It would be reasonable to me if he didn't want to tire out his right hand the night before his first start in MLB for the season.

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Heh, sounds credible.

What a dirtbag.

Napervillle Sun, June 4, 2004 (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/sunpub/naper/top/n0604ducky.htm)

Fowl bawl

Cub pitcher no hit at Naperville's Just Ducky store

By Bill Bird

staff writer

Mark Prior's appearance at Just Ducky proved to be anything but.

The store's owner and some patrons said the Chicago Cubs pitching star left scores of bewildered fans in his wake following a chaotic autograph-signing session Thursday evening at Just Ducky Too, an interior-decorating and gift shop at 2867 W. 95th St. on Naperville's southwest side.

Prior had gone to the store to promote a limited-edition Studio 56 collectible home decoration in a Wrigley Field motif. The shop stocked 1,000 of the pieces.

For their $299 purchase, Studio 56 collectors were to receive tickets to meet Prior in the store, have him sign the decoration and shake hands or pose for photographs with him. Prior also agreed to sign baseballs, jerseys and related merchandise stocked by the shop, said Brandon Donofrio, one of Just Ducky Too's owners.

But Prior and the three men who accompanied him cut short the star player's appearance, scheduled for 6 to 9 p.m., by more than half. Prior and his entourage left about 7:15 p.m., Donofrio said.

"Mark Prior got here and changed everything around," Donofrio said. "He wasn't doing any handshakes, and after the first 20 people he said, 'No more photos.'"

"He just went ballistic," Donofrio said of Prior. "He was saying no pictures, and suddenly he got up and said, 'I'm out of here.'

...There were reports of young boys being reduced to tears by Prior's disappearance before they were able to meet him...

...Chris Solfa, who said he was one of the few patrons to shake Prior's hand, agreed with his wife, who said that children were crying both inside and outside the shop.

The speed and impersonality involved in keeping the line of fans moving through the store reminded Chris Solfa of "people like lemmings going off a cliff. We saw a lot of angry people," he said...

Damn Naperville Sun isn't credible either. It's probably owned by a Sox fan!

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Moronotti is on this too!

Being an honorable young man, Prior decided to keep his word and take a 45-mile limousine ride through rush-hour traffic to the store. But when he arrived, he saw the assembled media and shooed us away like flies. And when he sat down at a table to sign porcelain replicas of Wrigley, which cost $299 with the promise of his signature, he saw hundreds waiting in line and eventually decided he wanted no part of the three-hour party. So he left around 8 p.m., with his wife and agent in tow, despite being paid a large sum by the Just Ducky people. Sounds like a case for Judge Judy.

Linky (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay04.html)

yep. I bet the media is making this all up. Spinmasters!!!

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Prior's 1 hour 15 minute appearance at "Just Ducky" or his first appearance on the mound for the Cubbies?

(This question was posed by Cubbie fan Mike Murphy on The SCORE.)

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Prior's 1 hour 15 minute appearance at "Just Ducky" or his first appearance on the mound for the Cubbies?

(This question was posed by Cubbie fan Mike Murphy on The SCORE.)

He will be off the mound before 1 hour 15minutes...

hsnterprize
06-04-2004, 08:36 AM
I saw something about this appearance on the CuBS-2 News. Mark Malone was all smiles in his report...however, I couldn't hear it too well because my 2-year-old was making a lot of noise.

However, this behavior was nothing short of unacceptible. Mark needs to learn and learn FAST that there are throngs of people counting on him to lead their beloved Cubbies to the "promised land" of a World Series. Fair or not, Prior has been made a somewhat "messiah" of the Cubs' franchise, and he's going to either have to live up to it or get out of dodge. Of course, I haven't heard too much negative coverage of the event other than reading Mariotti's column. Although, Jay seems to excuse the behavior as Prior making a "youthful mistake." That's a small line is his article, so I suggest you read it before making your own conclusions. According to Mariotti's piece, Mark doesn't understand all the "hysteria" in Cubbieville over his success and the expectations of him and his team. Oh well, Mark...you just graduated from USC with a degree in business...use some of those smarts and learn about "Cubdom"...and learn about it FAST!!!!! It'll overwhelm you more than you'll realize...as if it hasn't already.

Shame...a real shame. All the hype about Magglio being hurt, and no one is thinking about Prior's gaff in Naperville. What's worse...other than the people personally affected by Prior's behavior, folks will forget about this fiasco if he throws well against Pittsburgh this afternoon.

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Heh, sounds credible.

What a dirtbag.

Vic, read Jay Marriotti's column today (linked above). Not made up.

"Just Ducky Gate." *****.

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 09:25 AM
If Prior pitches against the Sox, be sure to bring one of these...
http://www.tarasfunpages.com/duck.jpg

doublem23
06-04-2004, 09:40 AM
No story in the Trib... What a surprise...

If Frank Thomas pulled a stunt like this, the whole town would be calling for his head on a silver platter.

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

If Frank Thomas pulled a stunt like this, the whole town would be calling for his head on a silver platter.

Don't fret, the model of tabloid integrity that is the Cubune they'll have this story on the front page...of the Saturday Metro section.

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Damn Naperville Sun isn't credible either. It's probably owned by a Sox fan!

A chaotic autograph session...wish they'd delve more into that. Seems like Prior got more than he bargained for and left after an hour plus of signing auto's.

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 10:00 AM
A chaotic autograph session...wish they'd delve more into that. Seems like Prior got more than he bargained for and left after an hour plus of signing auto's.

VIC "The Fonze" having a hard time saying, "I was wrong."

EDIT:

Dismiss it at will.

You dismissed the original post about "Just Ducky" and related a poof 'Prior is a wonderful human being' story, 'now way would Prior do that.' Now that it's a fact it's no big deal. Revealing.

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 10:08 AM

:hawk

"Spinmaster!"

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2004, 10:15 AM

...and he also didn't look people in the eye as he signed things, and complained about flashbulbs going off and leaving him with spots in his eyes. Poor baby.

His agent appears to be an idiot, though; what does Prior have to gain by doing such rinky-dink appearances, especially knowing how he is treated like Jesus risen in this city?

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 10:30 AM
The Daily Herald did not dismiss the Prior (dis)appearance.

Daily Herald, June 4, 2004 (http://www.dailyherald.com/news_story.asp?intid=3814237)
Joy, then tears: Prior visit a mess
By Kari Allen Daily Herald Staff Writer
Posted Friday, June 04, 2004

http://www.dailyherald.com/photos/inside/20040604_dh_d1_1_1_sc812611.jpg

Prior was under contract to sign 300 items purchased at Just Ducky Too, Donofrio said. Though Donofrio didn't have a final tally of his signings late Thursday, she said it didn't total 300.

"He didn't do it," she said. "He just didn't do it."

TDog
06-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
His agent appears to be an idiot, though; what does Prior have to gain by doing such rinky-dink appearances, especially knowing how he is treated like Jesus risen in this city?

When I was a kid, I waited in a long line at Munster Lumber to meet Wilbur Wood and get his autograph. He was at the height of his career, joking with young fans and making friends for White Sox baseball. He laughed when we asked him if he could sign autographs on two days rest. This sort of appearance is a tradition. Fans going away unhappy with the experience is not.

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
...and he also didn't look people in the eye as he signed things, and complained about flashbulbs going off and leaving him with spots in his eyes. Poor baby.

'What does Prior have to gain?' You heathen! Prior was there out of the goodness of his pure heart. Prior's mere brief appearance and dozens of sick children were healed. Blind Sox fans, say a prayer in the name of Mark and beg for faith.

Baby Fisk
06-04-2004, 10:44 AM
"In the third month, He pitched again..."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of all the Passion hysteria designed to hide the fact that it's June and the World Series-bound Cubs are only a precarious 2 games above .500?

pearso66
06-04-2004, 10:59 AM
I don't know how you could say he brought the whole Lansing Lugnut team out for steak dinner after each of his starts, after his 1st start, he left and was on his way back to chicago before the game even ended. Unless he left his credit card with the team, which i doubt, he didn't do it at both games. If he did it in the 2nd game, i do not know, and I don't know about the charity either, but that is the first I have heard about either, and I live in East Lansing, so you think I would have heard about the donating.

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
"In the third month, He pitched again..."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of all the Passion hysteria designed to hide the fact that it's June and the World Series-bound Cubs are only a precarious 2 games above .500?

:moron :giangreco :knue

HEATHEN! KILL HIM!!!

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by TDog
When I was a kid, I waited in a long line at Munster Lumber to meet Wilbur Wood and get his autograph. He was at the height of his career, joking with young fans and making friends for White Sox baseball. He laughed when we asked him if he could sign autographs on two days rest. This sort of appearance is a tradition. Fans going away unhappy with the experience is not.

Yeah, and I got an autograph from Glenn Beckert at a bank in Deerfield in 1975 or so. I understand that promotional appearances are the norm, but there is just so much insanity surrounding Prior that I wonder what his agent was thinking in scheduling this particular appearance, or at least not postponing it 'til the hubbub surrounding his resurrection is somewhat abated.

dpbyron
06-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

EXACTLY! I HATE THE CHICAGO MEDIA!

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Compare this with Sammy Sosa refusing under almost any condition to sign autographs during the pregame warmups. Believe me I've tried and he just wont do it for anyone, whether you've come from near or far, kid or adult. (Though in fairness to Prior, he was willing to sign a baseball for me.)

Contrast this with Frank Thomas going out of his way to sign many autographs on the left side of the White Sox dugout for almost every single game pretty close to game time.

JRIG
06-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Compare this with Sammy Sosa refusing under almost any condition to sign autographs during the pregame warmups. Believe me I've tried and he just wont do it for anyone, whether you've come from near or far, kid or adult. (Though in fairness to Prior, he was willing to sign a baseball for me.)

Come now. You know if Sammy tried to sign an autograph he'd probably tear his rotator cuff. That activity is lot more stressful on the body that a sneeze.

SOXSINCE'70
06-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Don't fret, the model of tabloid integrity that is the Cubune they'll have this story on the front page...of the Saturday Metro section.

3 SENTENCES LONG.AND THE SOX WILL BE BLAMED FOR IT ALL!! :) :) :)

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm not spinning anything, palehose. That was a quote from the article that DrCrawdad linked.

santo=dorf
06-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Vic, I'm not trying to make it look that Prior is a jerk. I just wanted to show there was another historic moment in Cubs' History of f****** stuff up last night. :smile:

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm not spinning anything, palehose. That was a quote from the article that DrCrawdad linked.

The "chaotic autograph session" was a direct quote. After that was spin. :D:

"Mercy!"

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13

"Mercy!"

First was the denial. Second was the 'Mark's a great human being.' Then the 'it's not a story.' That's spin!

http://spinography.com/images/spinography_logo.gif

DrCrawdad
06-04-2004, 12:33 PM
1. Sun-Times
2. Cubune
3. Daily Herald
4. Naperville Sun
5. Daily Southtown

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 12:35 PM

"Mercy!"

How's that? Harry's report (or santo=dorf's report of Harry's report) said that Prior left after an 1 1/2 hours citing cramps in his hand.

The article says that Prior was there to sign autographs, and that it got out hand, so he cut it short.

This makes him a bad person?

Okay, then. He's a bad guy.

Jerko
06-04-2004, 12:35 PM
You would think a guy who JUST GOT A DEGREE IN BUSINESS (and didn't we all just HAVE to see that on every newscast) would understand the rules of honoring a contract.........

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 12:36 PM
http://spinography.com/images/spinography_logo.gif

Sweeeeeet image! We should e-mail that to Hawk. :)

"I looove e-mail.
Media spinography? YEEEEES!"

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 12:40 PM
The article says that Prior was there to sign autographs, and that it got out hand, so he cut it short.

This makes him a bad person?

Okay, then. He's a bad guy.

No. The fact that he was an ass to his fans and didn't honor his contract makes him...not fan friendly. How dare anyone report anything negative about the Passion of the Prior?

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Well, perhaps if the manager wiped his/her tears away and restored order in the first place, it wouldn't have happened as it did. Is that far-fetched?

Jerko
06-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Funny how nobody knew it would be crowded.

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Well, perhaps if the manager wiped his/her tears away and restored order in the first place, it wouldn't have happened as it did. Is that far-fetched?

I think you may be missing the jist of why we are "coping an attitude" about the situation. No "perhaps" here, let's look at facts.

Facts:
1. Prior had a contract to sign replica of Wrigley to be sold for $300 each.

2. The media was all over this making it a big story...his signing.

3. He stopped pictures, wouldn't sign anything other than the overpriced memorablia, and was reportedly "not nice" to the cub faithful.

4. He left early, not fulfilling his contract.

5. Most of the Chicago news media (once again) does not report or dismisses this incident. Which is curious to me considering that his signing was "big news" in the first place.

If point #2 didn't happen, then I would not be upset with lack of coverage (#5)

Mickster
06-04-2004, 12:51 PM
A little over 1 hour left until the Second Coming! :D:

Vsahajpal
06-04-2004, 01:05 PM
I think you may be missing the jist of why we are "coping an attitude" about the situation. No "perhaps" here, let's look at facts.

Facts:
1. Prior had a contract to sign replica of Wrigley to be sold for $300 each.

2. The media was all over this making it a big story...his signing.

3. He stopped pictures, wouldn't sign anything other than the overpriced memorablia, and was reportedly "not nice" to the cub faithful.

4. He left early, not fulfilling his contract.

5. Most of the Chicago news media (once again) does not report or dismisses this incident. Which is curious to me considering that his signing was "big news" in the first place.

If point #2 didn't happen, then I would not be upset with lack of coverage (#5)

Those are fair points, and I appreciate this format much more than all the other stuff, so thanks.

I think the problem was that the owners or whomever put this thing together had no idea what the hell they were doing. As Jerko points out, they had to figure it'd be packed. Either they did and just didn't care to make this organised, or they're incredibly ignorant.

Palehose13
06-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Those are fair points, and I appreciate this format much more than all the other stuff, so thanks.

I think the problem was that the owners or whomever put this thing together had no idea what the hell they were doing. As Jerko points out, they had to figure it'd be packed. Either they did and just didn't care to make this organised, or they're incredibly ignorant.

No problem. I checked the cub board and from what I read from people that were there, he was off in a wing and there was someone taking tickets or something that offered proof that they bought the item needed for an autograph. There may have been a mad house, but from what I read it didn't sound like it was surrounding him, but maybe away from him.

raul12
06-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
A little over 1 hour left until the Second Coming! :D:

From Matthew 24...Sorry, I couldn't resist! This would be pretty fun to play around with this, and make it about Prior.

"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand-- 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again. 22If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.
26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.
29"Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[3]
30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
32"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[4] is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation[5] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[6] but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

maurice
06-04-2004, 01:24 PM

No, it actually happened.

Either they did and just didn't care to make this organised, or they're incredibly ignorant.

Or it WAS organized and PRIOR is incredibly ignorant.

There may have been a mad hose, but from what I read it didn't sound like it was surrounding him, but maybe away from him.

You're right. The pic linked on this page shows that he wasn't surrounded, and none of the reports indicate that management did anything wrong.

God forbid anybody point out that Prior maybe acted like an ass one time.

MRKARNO
06-04-2004, 05:31 PM
OK I heard Prior's side of the story in his news conference and I have to say that I am adequately satisfied with his response. It's pretty complitcated so if you want to hear it, listen to the inevitable replays on the radio. It sounds like this store clearly violated its contract.