PDA

View Full Version : Danny Wright Surgery


Lip Man 1
06-03-2004, 11:56 AM
It's done...

"Pitcher Dan Wright had reconstructive elbow surgery Tuesday, performed by Dr. James Andrews.

Wright, who was 0-4 with an 8.15 ERA with the Sox this season, had ligament damage and bone spurs in the elbow, as well as damage in his shoulder. He did not have shoulder surgery.

"He's going to start rehab real quick," Sox trainer Herm Schneider said. "He was kind of counseled real hard about not doing the shoulder. Hopefully, he's happy. This thing has been going on for a long time."

Wright will likely be out at least 18 months."

Wright, Wing, Honel.....

It's beginning to sound like the winter of 2000-2001 all over again.

Say what did Kenny find out after studying the entire operation to determine why Sox pitchers get hurt?


Lip

mdep524
06-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
"He's going to start rehab real quick," Sox trainer Herm Schneider said.

Tell him to take his time. :cool:

Randar68
06-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's done...

"Pitcher Dan Wright had reconstructive elbow surgery Tuesday, performed by Dr. James Andrews.

Wright, who was 0-4 with an 8.15 ERA with the Sox this season, had ligament damage and bone spurs in the elbow, as well as damage in his shoulder. He did not have shoulder surgery.

"He's going to start rehab real quick," Sox trainer Herm Schneider said. "He was kind of counseled real hard about not doing the shoulder. Hopefully, he's happy. This thing has been going on for a long time."

Wright will likely be out at least 18 months."

Wright, Wing, Honel.....

It's beginning to sound like the winter of 2000-2001 all over again.

Say what did Kenny find out after studying the entire operation to determine why Sox pitchers get hurt?


Lip

There is no official diagnosis of anything more than tendonitis for Honel and Wing hasn't had surgery yet. Don't let that get in the way of a good anti-prospect or anti-KW rant, though, Lip.

bennyw41
06-03-2004, 12:04 PM
This Dr. James Andrews must make an amazing amount of money.

pudge
06-03-2004, 12:06 PM
It's interesting that he had damage in the shoulder, yet didn't have surgery for it... He's gotta be done for good.

Randar68
06-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by pudge
It's interesting that he had damage in the shoulder, yet didn't have surgery for it... He's gotta be done for good.

Why? Most pitchers have damage in the shoulder. Severity and potential worsening is the key.

He'll have a good length of time to rest the shoulder before throwing, so we'll see. Tommy John surgery has come so far, many pitchers gain some velocity. Who knows, maybe Wright will add a couple mph to the 94-95 mph heat he had 2 years ago and be n effective guy out of the pen.

No use dumping on a guy who won 14 games as an inexperienced youngster and done nothing but battle.

34 Inch Stick
06-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Don't expect to see him in a White Sox uniform in the future.

kittle42
06-03-2004, 01:49 PM
I have never felt more confident in posting this:

:whocares

harwar
06-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Why? Most pitchers have damage in the shoulder.

The next generation mri's will be able to detect that every pitcher does damage to their shoulders.There is somewhat of an art to reading mri's.Not only the person reading it but the machine involved can be inconsistant.Throwing as many times as they do is really a bad thing for humans to do.

Irishsox1
06-03-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm surprised they didn't have to do any surgery on Wrights neck, because he had a lot of whiplash this year.

Fungo
06-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
I have never felt more confident in posting this:

:whocares

I do. I'm concerned about anyone who wears the White Sox uniform. I'll bash AAAron Rowand till I'm blue in the face, but while he is in the game I hope he does well and improves. If he were to tear up a knee, I would hope he recovers fully. here's a few pitchers on the Sox right now I wish had Danny's grit.

To each his own though.

doublem23
06-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

It's beginning to sound like the winter of 2000-2001 all over again.




What the **** are you talking about? Three pitchers, two of them who didn't even have a chance at sniffing at the MLB level is nothing like what happened in 2001.

Wait, I'm not even going to bother replying to this any more...

:whoflungpoo

nasox
06-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
What the **** are you talking about? Three pitchers, two of them who didn't even have a chance at sniffing at the MLB level is nothing like what happened in 2001.

Wait, I'm not even going to bother replying to this any more...

:whoflungpoo

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........Free Fudge!!

kittle42
06-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
I do. I'm concerned about anyone who wears the White Sox uniform. I'll bash AAAron Rowand till I'm blue in the face, but while he is in the game I hope he does well and improves. If he were to tear up a knee, I would hope he recovers fully. here's a few pitchers on the Sox right now I wish had Danny's grit.

To each his own though.

I appreciate your point of view, but there has been quite a list of Sox players over the years who I've felt could go take a long walk off a short pier.

A. Cavatica
06-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Any word on the head transplant?

Chisox_cali
06-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
There is no official diagnosis of anything more than tendonitis for Honel and Wing hasn't had surgery yet. Don't let that get in the way of a good anti-prospect or anti-KW rant, though, Lip.

I'm sure you're on his Ignore list, but I still got a laugh out of it, as I also do at the fact that he still uses the wrong color for sarcasm.

Randar68
06-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I'm sure you're on his Ignore list, but I still got a laugh out of it, as I also do at the fact that he still uses the wrong color for sarcasm.

I'm sure I'm on his ignore list, but trust me, the comedy is still there and it's therapeutic.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I'm sure you're on his Ignore list, but I still got a laugh out of it, as I also do at the fact that he still uses the wrong color for sarcasm.

IIRC, Lip chose that color because it's the color of money. I think he said something about wanting to prove that the Sox organization is greedy. LOL!

Chisox_cali
06-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
IIRC, Lip chose that color because it's the color of money. I think he said something about wanting to prove that the Sox organization is greedy. LOL!

How witty and original...

or is it

How witty and original?

Chrisaway
06-04-2004, 02:24 AM
Why didnt this happen to crybaby Rauch. I mean Wright may have stunk it up but at least he was a team playerthat didnt leave the stadium before a game was over. Get well soon Danny and hopefully you'll get back to the majors some day just not as the sox 5th starter .

StockdaleForVeep
06-04-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Why? Most pitchers have damage in the shoulder. Severity and potential worsening is the key.

He'll have a good length of time to rest the shoulder before throwing, so we'll see. Tommy John surgery has come so far, many pitchers gain some velocity. Who knows, maybe Wright will add a couple mph to the 94-95 mph heat he had 2 years ago and be n effective guy out of the pen.

No use dumping on a guy who won 14 games as an inexperienced youngster and done nothing but battle.

Maybe im wrong but wasnt wright sidelined in spring training due to shoulder problems? I realize tearin up a shoulder to repair it could hurt wright longer but he wont be usin his arm for a while anyhow, why not get the shoulder fixed. It would be diff if he had injuries in multiple spots of his body and couldnt get them all done at once(see: Jim Miller) Also with injuries, it leads to some pitchers to change mechanics\style to pitch pain free\avoid future injury, which leads to better performances. Im just worried that when he does make the tough rehab back to baseball he will have the same shoulder issue which will continue to hamper him.

Danny wright-our Jermey Gonzales?

http://www.cnnsi.com/football/2002/playoffs/news/2002/01/19/bears_injuries_ap/t1_miller_ap-01.jpg
"Take it from me son, play hurt and the fans will love you regardless of play, LOOK WHERE IM AT NOW!!"

Randar68
06-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Chrisaway
Why didnt this happen to crybaby Rauch. I mean Wright may have stunk it up but at least he was a team playerthat didnt leave the stadium before a game was over. Get well soon Danny and hopefully you'll get back to the majors some day just not as the sox 5th starter .

Can you be any more classless?

WOW!

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Dadawg_77
06-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Can you be any more classless?

WOW!

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

While he didn't mean it this way, I hope Wright is back not as the fifth starter but as a the third guy in the rotation.

Randar68
06-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Maybe im wrong but wasnt wright sidelined in spring training due to shoulder problems? I realize tearin up a shoulder to repair it could hurt wright longer but he wont be usin his arm for a while anyhow, why not get the shoulder fixed. It would be diff if he had injuries in multiple spots of his body and couldnt get them all done at once(see: Jim Miller) Also with injuries, it leads to some pitchers to change mechanics\style to pitch pain free\avoid future injury, which leads to better performances. Im just worried that when he does make the tough rehab back to baseball he will have the same shoulder issue which will continue to hamper him.


Wright has been sidelined with various sorenesses and tweaks for a while now, and I can only conclude that they were side-effects from he eventually diagnosed elbow injury. Like I said, shoulder fraying or wear is common and nearly universal among pitchers. Is it good that he was showing signs of shoulder problems already at his age? Definitely not. However, some shoulder injuries will heal themselves with rest and rehab, both of which he will have plenty of. While the elbow injury was obviously an UCL-related problem, the shoulder issues that have been talked-about have gone completely undisclosed. We have no idea if it's some fraying of the rotator cuff, Labrum, bicep-tendon, muscle-tear, etc. He was stead-fastly advised against having work done on his shoulder, so the doctors apparently feel that it is not necessary to try to make a return to baseball.

We should all be patient and everyone who's dumped on him now or before, should settle-down. He's been nothing but a model citizen and a good kid.

He doesn't deserve the cold-hearted criticism.

Randar68
06-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
While he didn't mean it this way, I hope Wright is back not as the fifth starter but as a the third guy in the rotation.

I think it was clear that I was pissed about the classless attack on Rauch.

patbooyah
06-04-2004, 10:43 AM
personally, it makes me sad to think that anyone would wish physical harm to another human being just because he hasn't been pitching that well this year. unless, of course, that human is billy koch.

Fungo
06-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by patbooyah
personally, it makes me sad to think that anyone would wish physical harm to another human being just because he hasn't been pitching that well this year

Agreed. It is totally classless. I wish more players would have this kid's heart.