PDA

View Full Version : Let the Ross Gload Era begin!

kittle42
06-03-2004, 10:24 AM
With Maggs out, Gload will undoubtedly get a great deal of playing time. I hope that all my Gload doubting was wrong.

SoxxoS
06-03-2004, 10:25 AM
I wish the Reed ERA would be starting...

poorme
06-03-2004, 10:26 AM
I hope he gets a lot of playing time! What are the other options? More Rowand? Timo? Burke?!?

Randar68
06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
With Maggs out, Gload will undoubtedly get a great deal of playing time. I hope that all my Gload doubting was wrong.

Gotta be better than watching "Dorf on OF" out there the past couple days...

misty60481
06-03-2004, 10:33 AM
I agree Gload is due a chance and now is time to see what he can do I think if we bring someone like Reed up now he will be under to much pressure, he has a pair of pretty big shoes to fill and it could hurt him more than help

Jjav829
06-03-2004, 10:35 AM
I'd rather see Borchard once he is healthy. But hopefully Gload can do an adequate job until Maggs is back. It's time for Carlos to step it up.

SoxxoS
06-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
It's time for Carlos to step it up.

:caballo

"The 19 game hitting streak isn't good enough for you?"

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
:caballo

"The 19 game hitting streak isn't good enough for you?" Those have been some of the 19 best singles I have ever witnessed, Caballo. :D:

Brian26
06-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Those have been some of the 19 best singles I have ever witnessed, Caballo. :D:

You know what, sometimes a single is all you need. I rather have Caballo at the plate looking for singles rather than looking for 3-run homers. The 3-run homers will come if he's not trying to hit them....going up to the plate with the mindset of just trying to get a basehit is usually the more productive approach and shows a maturity level at the plate that many of our hitters have been lacking over the past 4 years.

raul12
06-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
You know what, sometimes a single is all you need. I rather have Caballo at the plate looking for singles rather than looking for 3-run homers. The 3-run homers will come if he's not trying to hit them....going up to the plate with the mindset of just trying to get a basehit is usually the more productive approach and shows a maturity level at the plate that many of our hitters have been lacking over the past 4 years.

Carlos can hit all the singles in the world for all I care. It's better than him trying to swing for the fences, which we all know results in infield pop ups.

:crede
what you lookin' at?

habibharu
06-03-2004, 12:22 PM
well, id like to see more power from him. he's only got 4 jacks!

OurBitchinMinny
06-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

He could play blindfolded and drunk and do better than rowand

HomeFish
06-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Let's hope that for opposing pitchers it is the Ross Gload ERA.

wdelaney72
06-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

I'm glad I'm not the only one sick and tired of this team living and dying by the three-run homer.

Carlos and Maggs are such assets becuase the hit for power AND hit for average. It's also what made Frank great for so many years.

We already have Konerko, Crede, and Valentin to hit for power with a crappy batting average.

Carlos has been great over last few weeks.

Dadawg_77
06-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I'd rather see Borchard once he is healthy. But hopefully Gload can do an adequate job until Maggs is back. It's time for Carlos to step it up.

I might be wrong here, but I believe Borchard is out of options thus if the Sox bring him up, they can't send him down or face the risk of losing him to waivers.

MisterB
06-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by wdelaney72
Carlos and Maggs are such assets becuase the hit for power AND hit for average. It's also what made Frank great for so many years.

Except that Lee isn't doing both at the same time. He's gotten his average back up built on a lot of singles and hasn't been driving in runs consistently. With RISP he's slugging about .340 - that's horrible for a middle of the order hitter (even Harris is slugging .400 w/RISP).