PDA

View Full Version : Eduardo Villacis throws 6 shutout innings

MRKARNO
06-03-2004, 02:18 AM
http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=minorbaseball&page=milb-south/scores/final/boxscore.aspx?GAMEID=20268

In his first start since joining the White Sox organization after we claimed him off waivers from the Royals, Eduardo Villacis posted 6 shutout innings for Birmingham against the Cubs affiliate West Tennessee. 4 hits, 4 strikeouts and zero walks.

FYI, he's 24 years old, 6' 2", 170 pounds and he's a righty. I dont know much about him excecpt he's supposedly known for control.

He could be a boost for any pitching package in a trade this year.

hose
06-03-2004, 07:22 AM
KW has a good track record with spotting something in under achieving players.

Rex Hudler
06-03-2004, 10:59 AM
I still can't figure out why the hell KC tried to take him off their 40-man roster right after putting him on it.

He was definitely a good pickup for the Sox, if no more than for Minor League depth. He looked real good last night.

Randar68
06-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
I still can't figure out why the hell KC tried to take him off their 40-man roster right after putting him on it.

He was definitely a good pickup for the Sox, if no more than for Minor League depth. He looked real good last night.

Amen, with the Honel/Wing injuries, we're a few starters short at the AA level.

Rex Hudler
06-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Amen, with the Honel/Wing injuries, we're a few starters short at the AA level.

You can say that again.......

Randar68
06-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
You can say that again.......

Speaking of arms.... When is Brandon McCarthy going to move up to Winston-Salem? He gave up a bunch of HR's early in the year, but he's been filthy lately. 71/17 K/BB ratio in only 62 2/3rd innings?

Post-draft promotion to make room for a college arm or 2?

Rex Hudler
06-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Speaking of arms.... When is Brandon McCarthy going to move up to Winston-Salem? He gave up a bunch of HR's early in the year, but he's been filthy lately. 71/17 K/BB ratio in only 62 2/3rd innings?

Post-draft promotion to make room for a college arm or 2?

It's possible.... I just think they are taking things real slow with him because of his build. Whether valid or not, he is seen as potentially fragile. At 6'7 180 (at least that is how he is listed) he needs to add some beef. He is definitely getting results, however.

maurice
06-03-2004, 01:33 PM
As a bonus, the Barons knocked around cubbie uber-prospect Bobby Brownlie, who gave up 4 ER, 8 Hits, and 3 BB in only 6 IP.

Mike Morse was 2-for-3 with a 2B and 2 RBI.

Mike Spidale walked twice, stole a base, and scored.