PDA

View Full Version : Since we last saw the Twins.......

MRKARNO
06-03-2004, 01:26 AM
The Twins went 3-6. They have played the amazing Tampa Bay Devil Rays 5 times and went 2-4 and they have gone 1-2 against the Royals.

Meanwhile.....

The White Sox have gone 4-4
We took two of three from Anaheim and Texas, two very solid teams, especially Anaheim, and dropped two against the A's.

So while we both dont have great records since then, we were doing pretty well before the Oakland letdown and we're doing it against better competition. They are completely faltering against crappy teams (The Sox took 4 of 6 from TB and 4 of 5 so far from KC). If we're doing ok against good to great teams and they're going crappily against bad teams, what does that say for the future? Good things certainly.

The Twins are 5-9 against teams currently over .500 while the Sox are 11-11 against such teams.

DrCrawdad
06-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The Twins went 3-6. They have played the amazing Tampa Bay Devil Rays 5 times and went 2-4 and they have gone 1-2 against the Royals.

Meanwhile.....

The White Sox have gone 4-4
We took two of three from Anaheim and Texas, two very solid teams, especially Anaheim, and dropped two against the A's.

So while we both dont have great records since then, we were doing pretty well before the Oakland letdown and we're doing it against better competition. They are completely faltering against crappy teams (The Sox took 4 of 6 from TB and 4 of 5 so far from KC). If we're doing ok against good to great teams and they're going crappily against bad teams, what does that say for the future? Good things certainly.

The Twins are 5-9 against teams currently over .500 while the Sox are 11-11 against such teams.

Thanks for the positive thought.

npdempse
06-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Twins just got back Mauer. The trickle of players coming off the DL begins.

Not that I think it will help them much. We're finally achieving to potential; They've been overachieving for years.

MRKARNO
06-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
Twins just got back Mauer. The trickle of players coming off the DL begins.

Not that I think it will help them much. We're finally achieving to potential; They've been overachieving for years.

Their pitching is in such bad shape that I dont think that if they had every player on the roster healthy that they'd be able to win this division.

elrod
06-03-2004, 09:48 AM
The Twins' problem is inconsistent starting pitching. Silva did have a good outing in the 16-4 win the other day but he's probably not going to be the guy who was 5-0 again. Radke is still solid even at 4-4. The question marks are Lohse and Santana. If Santana throws a bad game today the Twins are in big trouble. They have no chance if Lohse and Santana continue to struggle, no matter how many players come off the DL.

34 Inch Stick
06-03-2004, 10:18 AM
At the end of spring training Dan Gladden said that Santana was hurt at the end of last year and it didn't look like he was completely healed by the start of this season. I think his struggles are going to continue throughout the season. That would be great news because when he is on Santana is their best pitcher.

I have never been overly impressed with Lohse.

Radke can shut you out every time he takes the mound.

Silva was hot at the beginning of the season but I think his current streak is a true indication of the type of result you can expect from a rookie starting pitcher.

All that being said the division championship goes through Minnesota.