PDA

View Full Version : Magglio Ordonez Watch

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Here it is, Sox fans! Now, you can follow Magglio Ordonez's every move as he works his way back from injury.

MRKARNO
06-03-2004, 12:36 AM
It's 11:36 PM and Magglio Ordonez is probably sleeping. Maybe in an hour or so he'll wake up unable to sleep and watch ESPN deportes.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Wednesday, June 2, 2004- 11:38 PM:

Ladies and gentlemen, this just in...

Magglio Ordonez is eating Chex Mix.

batmanZoSo
06-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Maggs becomes restless and heads to the fridge. He holds the door open out of boredom and looks for something to munch on even though in his heart he knows he's not really hungry. After settling on a piece of cheese, he heads to the bedroom where his adoring wife is sound asleep. The contentment on her face reminds him of all the great years they've spent together, and the hard times in the old country seemed an ever-fading memory....

SoxFan76
06-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
It's 11:36 PM and Magglio Ordonez is probably sleeping. Maybe in an hour or so he'll wake up unable to sleep and watch ESPN deportes.

11:45, I believe he just awoke and went into the bathroom. He had a little too much water before bed......and he's done. Folks, he is done. He is on his way back to bed. Wait, he is saying something to the wife...and she turns away. Folks, Maggs just got shut down.

Frankfan4life
06-03-2004, 12:45 AM

LMAO! This is priceless! :D:

JRIG
06-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Does this mean the "Mags Watch" will begin in the Cubune tomorrow?

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
Does this mean the "Mags Watch" will begin in the Cubune tomorrow?

Don't count on it. That's why I started this thread. There's going to be a lot of discussion and speculation about Maggs' injury, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread set aside to talk about what's going on.

I would be shocked if any of the Chicago papers had a "Maggs Watch." They're more interested in trying to find out about what former Cub Doug Descenzo is doing these days.

JRIG
06-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Don't count on it. That's why I started this thread. There's going to be a lot of discussion and speculation about Maggs' injury, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread set aside to talk about what's going on.

I would be shocked if any of the Chicago papers had a "Maggs Watch." They're more interested in trying to find out about what former Cub Doug Descenzo is doing these days.

Or, following in the fine tradition of Bob Foltman's Q&A, it will read:

Mags Watch:

We Know About As Much As You Do

CWSGuy406
06-03-2004, 12:58 AM
11:58 - Nothing in the past two minutes or so but -

WAIT! WAIT! Oh My Gosh! Magglio Ordonez has just swapped sleeping positions from prone to face up! People this is simply amazing!

inta
06-03-2004, 01:03 AM
Please forward this thread to the Chicago Tribune. Along with Magglio's eating habits and weekend activities so they can do a proper "MAGGLIO WATCH 2K4"

Dan Gelo
06-03-2004, 01:57 AM

Hahaha

What about Augie Ojeda?

WhiteSox = Life
06-03-2004, 02:38 AM
1:38 A.M. Thursday, June 3rd, 2004.

Ordonez sneezes in his sleep and jumps out of bed in pain, complaining of back spasms. Every single reporter, ranging from the East Coast to the West Coast leans in anticipation, wondering what is wrong with Maggs.

Ordonez turns to them and says with a laugh, "No, I'm just kidding. Everything's fine."

He turns to go back to bed, but pivots around. "But, seriously, guys, I can't fall asleep, so c'mon, get the hell outta my room."

StockdaleForVeep
06-03-2004, 04:14 AM
3:11 am-Magglio is awoken by a phone call, picks up and realizes its Jerry Manuel asking if he borrow some money due to unemployment drying up

::Click:::

illiniwhitesox
06-03-2004, 08:55 AM
I am crying! Crying I tell you. I am depressed beyond imagination.

I was hoping that Maggs would go on the DL b/c of an Achilles issue, not some goofy knee injury.

Now I have to turn to this thread to obtain a progress report. If only it were his damn Achilles, I could read about it in the morning paper.

ode to veeck
06-03-2004, 10:05 AM
7:00 AM Maggs rolls out of bed and before he can even sip that first cup of coffee, a caller from the Newsday outa NY wants to know if its true that he turned down a 9 year, $130M deal, cause both the Mets and the Yankees want him.

Magglio "are you talking in teal!?!"
Caller "no deep pink, actually"
Magglio <click> walks, not runs, to get his coffee again <grumble>, <grumble>, <raserracking>, <grumble>

Phone rings again, its Miss Cleo, who wants to know if Magglio wants help discerning what the heck is up with his wierd injury.

Magglio <click>. rips phone out of wall

7:05 AM Magglio sits down with his coffee to read the newspaper and how his good buddy Burly-mon was pitcher of the month ...

SEALgep
06-03-2004, 10:18 AM
I don't know if this was said, but at the very least, I appreciate being told the truth about what's going on. The Cubs would have hid this as best they can, yet we have our trainer come on and tell us how it is with no sugar coating.

bennyw41
06-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
3:11 am-Magglio is awoken by a phone call, picks up and realizes its Jerry Manuel asking if he borrow some money due to unemployment drying up

::Click:::

Who are you kidding, Manuel is still on the payroll, he is doing just fine.