PDA

View Full Version : Willie Watch?

StockdaleForVeep
06-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Just thought this would be humerous but in an era where tony womack and juan pierre can hit homeruns, should we start the watch as to when willie should be hittin himself a homerun?(inside the park qualifies as well) He's gotta get lucky once and have a decent wind

Its is becoming rare to find guys who make it to the majors and have little to no power.

SoxxoS
06-03-2004, 12:40 AM
IIRC, he had like 10 homers in the first half of AAA last year...he started off smoking with the power numbers...

RKMeibalane
06-03-2004, 12:42 AM
I'm convinced that he's going to hit one at the Urinal.

batmanZoSo
06-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Willie is worth having around because he DOESN'T hit home runs. He cannot be a good hitter and hit homers at the same time. I hope he never hits another homer...let him bat .315 with 40 steals and 30 infield hits.

Please Willie!!!! NO HOMERS!

:threadsucks

MRKARNO
06-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Willie has hit his fair share of balls that could have gone out but missed by a bit. Some of them went as stand-up doubles, others for long outs. But we dont need him to hit one out. Pierre only hit like one or two out last year. Willie will hit about that many out this year. We need him to have a high OBP any way he can. Power is irrelevant for him. It's better that he's looking to get on base than to be overly agressive and swing for the fences.

FarWestChicago
06-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Willie has hit his fair share of balls that could have gone out but missed by a bit. Some of them went as stand-up doubles, others for long outs.:ray

I have warning track power!!

StockdaleForVeep
06-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:ray

I have warning track power!!

hahahhaha

but i'll agree with above, he'll hit prob one in the drunk tank at wrigley.

mdep524
06-03-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Willie is worth having around because he DOESN'T hit home runs. He cannot be a good hitter and hit homers at the same time. I hope he never hits another homer...let him bat .315 with 40 steals and 30 infield hits.

Please Willie!!!! NO HOMERS!

Totally agreed. The day Willie, and to a lesser extend Uribe, start swinging for homeruns we are doomed in our 1 and 2 spots. I hope Willie doesn't read this thread and think fans want to see him hit a HR. Willie, we don't!!! Just get on base, become a smart base-stealer and we'll love you!

mdep524
06-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Uribe too though. I have a bad feleing if he goes into a little slump, which seems to be starting here, he might press too much and start swinging for the fences, when he is most valuable lining base hits to right and center field.

StockdaleForVeep
06-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by mdep524
Totally agreed. The day Willie, and to a lesser extend Uribe, start swinging for homeruns we are doomed in our 1 and 2 spots. I hope Willie doesn't read this thread and think fans want to see him hit a HR. Willie, we don't!!! Just get on base, become a smart base-stealer and we'll love you!

Dont be confused, i dont want him to start Manos'in the ball and either homerun or bat 240 for the season. Im sayin as a joke should we start a watch for when willie finally does go yard. I mean comeon, dontrelle willis has more dingers than him...lol

With odds, he has to hit one eventually. When do we visit coors?