PDA

View Full Version : Sox outfield

balboner
06-02-2004, 10:28 PM
With the injury to Maggs being serious, KW needs to do something to improve the Sox outfield. There is no way that an outfield of Lee, Harris, and Rowand can get it done over the course of a month. That might be the worst outfield in the majors. KW might want to try and obtain another outfielder via trade, or he could give Borchard or Reed a try.

CWSGuy406
06-02-2004, 10:36 PM
*****. Worst outfield in the majors? Lee is on a 19 game hit streak (knock on wood) and close to a .300 average, Harris is doing better than we all expected, +300 Average, +350 OBP (IIRC), the only problem is right field. I was hoping Borchard would get the callup but I heard his back problems are re-occuring...

balboner
06-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah, nothing like having an outfield with about 7 combined homers. Not only that, Rowand and Harris have had a lot of fielding difficulties lately.

doublem23
06-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Yeah, nothing like having an outfield with about 7 combined homers. Not only that, Rowand and Harris have had a lot of fielding difficulties lately.

The Sox are still in the top 5 in the league in home runs... I think we're doing all right.

I agree that a move would be nice, but I'm more concerned with the pitching staff.

balboner
06-02-2004, 10:47 PM
How about a trade of Rauch and maybe another mid-level pitcher for Mackowiak? He has good power from the left side, and can play the outfield...not to mention he's a bonafide Cubs killer. BTW, we play the Cubs pretty soon. Sure wish we could have Maggs for those games.

doublem23
06-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Mackowiak's not going anywhere, especially for just two mid-level pitching prospects.