PDA

View Full Version : What is about Oakland?

Railsplitter
06-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Why have the sox palyed so poorly in Oakland the last few years? I know that Oakland is right next door to Berkley, a city from a different dimension, but that can't be it.

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 10:53 PM
It's all mental, since 2001 the pitching has actually been pretty good, but the hitting just sucks it up. THey ahve a tough time coming through with RISP. Today and yesterday we had ONE hit with RISP out of like 20 chances. you just cant do that.

Wow. Can you believe that. ONE OUT OF TWENTY. I can't believe what I just typed. You just can't win like that.

ode to veeck
06-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Hitting was key yesterday and today, we actually got tons of hits and lots of walks, just couldn't get the runs across.

Pitching as been a problem in the past ... I'm still trying to block out the trauma of the time JM brought Parque into a critical close game right in the middle of his rehab

mike squires
06-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Hitting was key yesterday and today, we actually got tons of hits and lots of walks, just couldn't get the runs across.

Pitching as been a problem in the past ... I'm still trying to block out the trauma of the time JM brought Parque into a critical close game right in the middle of his rehab

Didn't they hit two bombs off of him?

doublem23
06-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Unlike the last few years, the Sox didn't roll over and die and just cave into the A's. They played well, a few balls get hit differently yada yada yada, we win 1 or both those games.

I remember some pretty nasty beatings in Oakland; these were pretty well-played games that we just lost unfortunately.

kojak
06-03-2004, 12:46 AM
It's the Garlic Fries

inta
06-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Personally, I'm not COMPLETELy disappointed with this series.
first of all we were do for a losing series.
second i'm happy with our showings in both games. sure it wasn't a win in either. but we definitely showed. I'm happy we were able to hit Mulder... too bad we just couldnt convert..... oh wait, that's what we're trading Magglio for...

starboy0
06-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Two sad losses indeed. But at least they didn't roll over and die.

Seems like this year we broke the garbage dome curse (won 3 of 4 there) and now WE MUST BREAK THE OAKLAND CURSE.

I remember in 1983 we had a double header out there and we were losing the first game badly. This was in early June and the Sox were below .500 at the time. Then they came back and won the first game in extra innings and then won the 2nd game.

They never looked back and won the division by 20 games.

I'm hoping that will happen again when the Sox go back out to Oakland right after the All-Star game!