PDA

View Full Version : Biddle in bullpen again

Jerry_Manuel
09-19-2001, 12:52 AM
From the Trib:
Manuel said Rocky Biddle would pitch out of the bullpen the rest of the season because of continued soreness in his shoulder.

(I assume this means Kip is back in the starting rotation)

:kipper
Hey!

Chisoxfn
09-19-2001, 01:04 AM
Yep Buddy

Kip will be facing Mike Mussina in game 3 of the series and what I hope will be the rubber game of the series.

Still, I don't see why Biddle is the one to go down. I would much rather see Glover back in the pen because we could really use him there. Rocko should be shut down for the season. Heck, if you ask me the pen is a lot worse on the arm then starting.

Jerry_Manuel
09-19-2001, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Still, I don't see why Biddle is the one to go down. I would much rather see Glover back in the pen because we could really use him there.

I think they are testing Glover to see if he can start, we know he can pitch well out of the pen. But the season is over so why not see if he can be a starter.

kermittheefrog
09-19-2001, 02:24 AM
This in the pen, in the roation, in the pen crap has been pissing me off. What the hell does Manuel think he's doing other than screwing with the heads of his pitchers? Anyway I think Kip belongs in the rotation so this is the right idea but they need to just leave him alone in the rotation. I like seeing Glover start, giving him a chance now is a better idea than trying to see if he belongs in the rotation during spring training.

Iguana775
09-19-2001, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I think they are testing Glover to see if he can start, we know he can pitch well out of the pen. But the season is over so why not see if he can be a starter.

if the season is over, why in the hell isnt crede and rowand playing every day?? this is just down right contradicting on the part of JM. this season is just one big FUBAR.

Jerry_Manuel
09-19-2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
if the season is over, why in the hell isnt crede and rowand playing every day?? this is just down right contradicting on the part of JM. this season is just one big FUBAR.

Because that is what April is for Iggy!

:)