PDA

View Full Version : How about using Takatsu in the closers role?

Mots09
06-02-2004, 06:37 PM
H has pitched very well this year, and in his native country he was a CLOSER. Makes sense to give him a shot at the closer role!

Doesn't it?

gosox41
06-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
H has pitched very well this year, and in his native country he was a CLOSER. Makes sense to give him a shot at the closer role!

Doesn't it? I don't know...he doesn't throw 90, he doesn't have a straight fastball, and he doesn't have a high enough ERA or blown save ratio.

Bob

A.T. Money
06-02-2004, 06:41 PM
No that's ok. The White Sox prefer to make us suffer with Botch.

Baby Fisk
06-02-2004, 06:43 PM
:ozzie
"Beelee is my closer!"

:ohno
"We know, we know..."

TomParrish79
06-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Its really getting ridiculous. I am out of patience with Koch.

Mark worked his butt off today and only to have this guy blow it for him, just like he did on opening day I might add.

DonkeyKongerko
06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Marte blew the save on opening day. Koch actually did get one more batter out than Damaso that day. Neither of them is very good at closing games.

Mots09
06-02-2004, 06:59 PM
We need Takatsu and his Frisbee pitch no doubt about it.

Somone get Guillen on the phone!

Navaro's Talent
06-02-2004, 07:00 PM
I would like to see Shingo be the closer. He hasn't given up a run in a very long time. Maybe the Sox should start putting him in those situations.

JRIG
06-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I don't know...he doesn't throw 90, he doesn't have a straight fastball, and he doesn't have a high enough ERA or blown save ratio.

Bob

Hey, that sounds like Keith Foulke!

doublem23
06-02-2004, 07:03 PM
2 games in Oakland, 2 games Ozzie nearly lost/did lose with some mismanaging of the bullpen.

OEO Magglio
06-02-2004, 07:05 PM
The only way shingo becomes the closer is if koch is dealt. If shingo becomes the closer then jackson has to become the right handed setup man because koch will just explode. There is nothing you can do with billy if he isn't the closer.

Mots09
06-02-2004, 07:09 PM
If that is true then why don't we make a package deal for a 5th starter:

Kelly Wunsch
Billy Koch
and
Jon Rausch

You think anyone would bite on that

OEO Magglio
06-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
If that is true then why don't we make a package deal for a 5th starter:

Kelly Wunsch
Billy Koch
and
Jon Rausch

You think anyone would bite on that
Who in there right mind would want that package.

johnny_mostil
06-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
2 games in Oakland, 2 games Ozzie nearly lost/did lose with some mismanaging of the bullpen.

Disagree. Today's game was lost with all that insipid bunting, poor baserunning, and Aaron Rowand getting himself out. Oakland is a HOME RUN ballpark. Nobody beats them playing little ball. You can't keep the stupid foul pops from stopping your offense from stringing together three or four hits consistently.

Yesterday's game was just horrific luck. The Sox should have scored in each of the first three innings but for two screaming scalded line drives RIGHT at fielders (don't give me the "positioning" thing, they just got lucky), one for a DP, and an awkward ice cream cone catch of a 400' bomb. There were several other smashes that were hit right at fielders. The A's scored at least two runs on flares and a grounder just inside the baseline. It's called "bad luck".

johnny_mostil
06-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Who in there right mind would want that package.

The White Sox.

Irishsox1
06-02-2004, 08:18 PM
I didn't listen to the bottom of the 9th inning, because I have no faith in Billy. Billy has no faith in himself and Oakland knows that Billy can't nail down a 1 run game. One more blown save for Billy then time for Takatsu. If the White Sox are serious about the playoffs this year, then they should address the closer role, because Billy Koch is not the answer.

npdempse
06-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
If the White Sox are serious about the playoffs this year, then they should address the closer role, because Billy Koch is not the answer.

I know the guys' a heart attack in a jockstrap, and in my gut I hate to see him come out to close, but this year he's blown 2 saves, while saving 7 games. The guy up north has 1 bs to 9s, Graves has blown 4 to 26, Urbina's blown one to 9, Percival's blown 4 to 13, yada yada. Only the real elite closers, who aren't moving anywhere, look significantly better than Koch at this point. The sky's not falling just yet.

While Shingo looks real good, I don't think he's the answer. If a team faces him two or three times in three or four days, they'll have a pretty good idea what to look for, and the "frisbee" will get Wham-O'ed.

idseer
06-02-2004, 09:26 PM
takatsu should have been the closer after week #2.
there is NO reason, other than politics, that he shouldn't be.

once again we find we don't use our BEST POSSIBLE PLAYERS in the best posible ways because ... who knows ... someone's feelings will be hurt?

this organization (read JR and KW) runs this team like a little league team.

Whitesox029
06-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I don't know...he doesn't throw 90, he doesn't have a straight fastball, and he doesn't have a high enough ERA or blown save ratio.

Bob
You've forgotten the most important quality of a closer--a $5 million dollar salary

StockdaleForVeep
06-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Wasnt the reason takatsu signed with us was because he would be closing? I believe thats a prime reason he chose us because we guarenteed him a closer role.

JR, whats your definition of guarentee