PDA

View Full Version : Time to call up Reed or Borchard....

Tragg
06-02-2004, 05:32 PM
I don't know how much more of Aaron Rowand this team can take. That 9th inning at bat was the single worst at bat I have seen this season.
He's got a 2-0 count on a pitcher who has walked the bags loaded, has called his pitching coach out, so there goes Rowand, swinging for the fences at the next pitch.
Right before him Ross Gload guts out a walk from behind in the count and is thrilled about it.
Time to bring someone up who might turn into a something mroe than an average 4th outfielder.

I know Koch's wildness gave them a run. And DJ, please don't talk about a "lock" up 1 in the ninth on the road.

gosox41
06-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I don't know how much more of Aaron Rowand this team can take. That 9th inning at bat was the single worst at bat I have seen this season.
He's got a 2-0 count on a pitcher who has walked the bags loaded, has called his pitching coach out, so there goes Rowand, swinging for the fences at the next pitch.
Right before him Ross Gload guts out a walk from behind in the count and is thrilled about it.
Time to bring someone up who might turn into a something mroe than an average 4th outfielder.

I know Koch's wildness gave them a run. And DJ, please don't talk about a "lock" up 1 in the ninth on the road.

I just want to see Rowand bobble more ground balls in the OF so I can hear Hawk talk about hwo tough the turf is out there.

What an imbecile Hawk is.

Bob

Mickster
06-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Rowand is fine. :D:

johnny_mostil
06-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

First, why the heck wasn't the "take" sign on.

Second, Oakland's entire offense is "swing for the fences", that and "make Buerhle throw 20 pitches an inning". Seems to work OK for them.

And third, right before Kotsay hit the mini-bomb to win the game, DJ made a crack about how he hadn't homered yet. I screamed, "Don't say THAT" at the TV, and Kotsay slapped a fly ball over the wall on the next pitch.

Both today and yesterday were one or two breaks away from being Sox maulings. They just didn't get them.

soxtalker
06-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil
First, why the heck wasn't the "take" sign on.

Second, Oakland's entire offense is "swing for the fences", that and "make Buerhle throw 20 pitches an inning". Seems to work OK for them.

Does Ozzie ever have the "take" sign on? That's a half-serious question. I'm sure he does, but probably not very often, as he likes to be aggressive with his hitters. And this is the negative side of aggressiveness.

soxrme
06-03-2004, 05:33 AM
Sorry I don't know this but I only heard the game from when Gload batted. I too am wondering why Rowand would even swing if the pitcher was wild. My question though is, was the pitcher a righty or lefty and if he was a righty why didn't Perez pinch hit for Rowand. Rowand is not exactly Mr Clutch. I am sure we will hear how he was being aggressive and that is what Ozzie wants or how much FUN they are having swinging the bats. I hope Borchard can come up at least he is a switch hitter and can be used in right or center. :smile: