PDA

View Full Version : Do they not announce visiting lineup changes at the Cell?

eriqjaffe
06-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I was at the game on Sunday, and I swear that I didn't hear one P.A. announcement for any of the Angels' lineup changes. No announcement for Ben Weber or Ramon Ortiz pitching...nothing for Amezaga, Kotchman, Josh Paul or Robb Quinlan.

I did hear the announcements for the Sox changes, though, so I know I'm not deaf or anything.

I didn't notice anything on the scoreboards, either, but I was sitting in right-center, so I wasn't checking the CF scoreboard very often.

Has anybody else noticed this, or was this an anomaly?

--Eriq.

anewman35
06-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by eriqjaffe
I was at the game on Sunday, and I swear that I didn't hear one P.A. announcement for any of the Angels' lineup changes. No announcement for Ben Weber or Ramon Ortiz pitching...nothing for Amezaga, Kotchman, Josh Paul or Robb Quinlan.

I did hear the announcements for the Sox changes, though, so I know I'm not deaf or anything.

I didn't notice anything on the scoreboards, either, but I was sitting in right-center, so I wasn't checking the CF scoreboard very often.

Has anybody else noticed this, or was this an anomaly?

--Eriq.

Typically they do, but it's typically not very loud and there's often loud rock music playing over it. So, it's hard to hear if you're not trying to hear it.

LauraJ14
06-02-2004, 05:36 PM
I didn't hear the changes announced, but the left field scoreboard had the position player changes. My sister keeps score at the games so I have to pay attention for her on those kind of changes.