PDA

View Full Version : Right Field Scoreboard

bennyw41
06-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I don't know bout you guys, but aren't you sick of the out of town scoreboard being so outdated and late on updates? You would think in the tech savvy world we could be more up to date. I know this is nit-picking, but it has always bothered me. I also want a LED board in the bullpen, to see who's warming up.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
I don't know bout you guys, but aren't you sick of the out of town scoreboard being so outdated and late on updates? You would think in the tech savvy world we could be more up to date. I know this is nit-picking, but it has always bothered me. I also want a LED board in the bullpen, to see who's warming up.

One of the favorite parts of going to a game for me is following the division rivals on the out of town scoreboard.

I'm with you. It's ridiculous.

thecell
06-02-2004, 03:19 PM
I agree. SOme of the games go from the 6th inning to a final quite a bit.

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2004, 03:19 PM
I've heard MLB controls the board,but that sounds like a crock of Sox crap to me.I scoreboard watch all the time.I like to know whether the Twinkies are winning or losing.

A perfect day:

1.SOX WIN!!!!

2.All other A.L. Central teams lose.

3.sCrUBS LOSE!!!!!!

IlliniSox
06-02-2004, 03:42 PM
I follow the cbssportsline.com & espn.com scoreboards at work and they're pretty up to the minute most of the time. The Sox could sell it as the "cbs/espn.com out of town scoreboard" and have one of them fix the problem. $$$ JR!

nasox
06-02-2004, 03:45 PM
with the new FUNdamentals in RF, they are going to make an entirely new out of town board I believe. SHould be mounds of an improvement over what they have right now.

Gammons Peter
06-02-2004, 03:50 PM
fundamentals will be in left

MRKARNO
06-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by IlliniSox
I follow the cbssportsline.com & espn.com scoreboards at work and they're pretty up to the minute most of the time. The Sox could sell it as the "cbs/espn.com out of town scoreboard" and have one of them fix the problem. $$$ JR!

We're actually talking about the one in right field at the cell.

I really hate it that I have to look on my phone to get the most up to date scores. They need to:

A. Completely update the board in Phase V

and B. Hire some more people to operate it.

ewokpelts
06-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41

Why would a led board help you see who's warming up....it'll only be used for ads...
Gene