PDA

View Full Version : From A New Yorker: Sox Fans=Class

JohnTheYankFan
09-19-2001, 12:06 AM
I never thought I would be writing a message thanking Chicago fans for ther class, but in these days we are all on the same squad. I am a Yankee fan from Brooklyn. A week ago I watched the towers crumble before my eyes from my rooftop. Like most of you, I have spent the last week glued to the news, feeling helpless, riding the emotional rollercoaster from grief and sadness to rage and vengefulness. I looked forward to the destraction that tonight's ballgame provided. There's a perverse comfort from watching your team take the field amidst the chaos. I went down with some friends to a pub to take in the game and what's the first thing I see? A huge sign in the stands "CHICAGO LOVES NEW YORK" and written under that "GOD BLESS AMERICA". Lemme tell you, misty eyes throughout the packed bar... and it wasn't from the smoke. It was very cool. Much respect to all those who attended tonight and showed their class and support. God Bless America indeed.

Dadawg_77
09-19-2001, 12:12 AM
I wasn't at the game, but as a lifelong Chicagoan, thanks. The city of broad shoulders will never let you or any other part America down when it is needed, just like you guys in NYC wouldn't.

FarWestChicago
09-19-2001, 12:12 AM
I never thought I would be writing a message thanking Chicago fans for ther class, but in these days we are all on the same squad. You're right. We are all on the same squad. We may be tired of watching you guys win the Series, but there a much more important thngs to be concerned with.

FarWestChicago
09-19-2001, 12:46 AM
Speaking of class, coming in here and posting your message showed a lot of class. Thank you.