PDA

View Full Version : sox jersey mixup

Huisj
06-02-2004, 11:32 AM
today I was in downtown GR, and I saw a guy wearing a cool early 80s sox jersey walking down the street. When he got closer to me, I also noticed that he was wearing a red sox hat. It made me wonder how many people know that those retro sox jerseys that are so popular are actually white sox jerseys and not red sox jerseys. Do you think this is more widespread than just this one instance that I saw today? for some reason, I fear that these jerseys are popular because people might think they are boston jerseys. :o:

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
today I was in downtown GR, and I saw a guy wearing a cool early 80s sox jersey walking down the street. When he got closer to me, I also noticed that he was wearing a red sox hat. It made me wonder how many people know that those retro sox jerseys that are so popular are actually white sox jerseys and not red sox jerseys. Do you think this is more widespread than just this one instance that I saw today? for some reason, I fear that these jerseys are popular because people might think they are boston jerseys. :o:

I don't see how that could be the case. The Red Sox have had the same home uniform forever.

raul12
06-02-2004, 11:37 AM

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. We had an interesting thread a while back on who had "sox" first, and it was our beloved palehose.

btw, how's GR these days? Last time I was there, it seemed downtown was definitely improving.

Uncle_Patrick
06-02-2004, 12:01 PM

Anyone who could mix up the Red Sox and White Sox is probably not a baseball fan anyway and they are probably only wearing that retro Sox jersey because they saw it in a video or something. Either this guy was a fan of both teams or just some idiot.

Brian26
06-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Exactly...that's not an easy mistake to make unless you're a complete dope.

FanOf14
06-02-2004, 12:48 PM
I have a winter Sox jacket that is the 1917 retro one they wore a few years back and in the elevator a few months back, one of the guys asked me if it was a red sox jacket :?: . Luckily there was another guy with at least half a brain on there that corrected him before I could. :D: