PDA

View Full Version : mags is coming home today

Kid Kip
06-02-2004, 11:27 AM
to get knee scoped.

not good news.

fledgedrallycap
06-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Not good, but a scope is still relatively minor. It is the long-term implications and possible re-occurance that scares me.

Dadawg_77
06-02-2004, 11:32 AM
it means he isn't ready to play and instead of waiting, just do the knee scope while he is out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the 15 day DL.

Irishsox1
06-02-2004, 11:39 AM
If maggs has a high calf injury, why is he getting his knee scoped?

SpartanSoxFan
06-02-2004, 11:40 AM
What the hell is going on with him??? Late in last night's game, was it my imagination, or was he swinging a bat in the on-deck circle, getting ready to pinch hit?!?!?! Also, I thought it was a calf strain??? Why would he need to get his knee scoped???

firejauron
06-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Surely if this was true, that news-rag in New York would have already reported this.

Seriously, this sucks.

GoSox2K3
06-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Is Mags' injury a result of his collision w/ Willie Harris?

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Waiting for the ESPN update, but the Score update at 11:30 had nothing on this.

Randar68
06-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Kid Kip
to get knee scoped.

not good news.

State the source. Nobody has reported it yet.

pinwheels3530
06-02-2004, 11:48 AM
This is terrible news hope he's going to be allright :(:

koch master 2
06-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3
Is Mags' injury a result of his collision w/ Willie Harris?

I doubt it since he has had a hot streak since making his return to the line-up and tracked down balls well in the field.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
State the source. Nobody has reported it yet.

I'm having a hard time believing this coming from a guy who had a topic removed from the Clubhouse yesterday.

I'm with you Randar. I won't believe it until I hear a credible source.

koch master 2
06-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I'm having a hard time believing this coming from a guy who had a topic removed from the Clubhouse yesterday.

I'm with you Randar. I won't believe it until I hear a credible source.

I got the Score 670 on right now, and not a thing has been mentioned. Nothing from ESPN, the official site, or the radio. I don't believe this.

nasox
06-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by SpartanSoxFan
What the hell is going on with him??? Late in last night's game, was it my imagination, or was he swinging a bat in the on-deck circle, getting ready to pinch hit?!?!?! Also, I thought it was a calf strain??? Why would he need to get his knee scoped???

I think it was a little gamemanship going on whn Maggs was stretching getting ready to pinch hit. Just striking a little fear I guess.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Nothing from Jeff Dickerson on the 11:40 ESPN radio update.

I hope the mods ae taking notice of this poster who apparently is just after attention.

:angry:

Kid Kip
06-02-2004, 12:12 PM

I deleted my own post because it contained information that I decided shouldn't be out on the internet regarding the Ordonez article in the Newsday.

I've been reading/occasionaly posting here since it was a rivals site. I have no intentions, but to inform you guys when I hear something from people that I am connected with.

Last year, I posted that Manuel would be fired after the all-star break, and that turned out to be false. The info was from someone that works on the White Sox broadcasts, so I apologize for that.

Otherwise, attacking me because I posted news that I thought people wouldn't have heard yet is ridiculous.

Randar68
06-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I deleted my own post because it contained information that I decided shouldn't be out on the internet regarding the Ordonez article in the Newsday.

I've been reading/occasionaly posting here since it was a rivals site. I have no intentions, but to inform you guys when I hear something from people that I am connected with.

Last year, I posted that Manuel would be fired after the all-star break, and that turned out to be false. The info was from someone that works on the White Sox broadcasts, so I apologize for that.

Otherwise, attacking me because I posted news that I thought people wouldn't have heard yet is ridiculous.

Then maybe your source can explain why a strained calf and negative MRI now suddenly leads to a knee being scoped.

Kid Kip
06-02-2004, 12:20 PM
i'm not making this up.

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Then maybe your source can explain why a strained calf and negative MRI now suddenly leads to a knee being scoped.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get his knee scoped just to clean everything out and make sure it is all okay. He would still only be out about a week, the same as what he would be out while on the DL.

Tekijawa
06-02-2004, 12:27 PM
i'm not making this up.

They're laying it on pretty thick today Sox fans! Must be getting pretty borring on the Board for the team that is 3.5 games out of first.

Palehose13
06-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Kid Kip has been a member of WSI since July 2001. Even though his credibility will not be known until we hear a report about Maggs, I don't think he is a troll.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 12:30 PM

Hey, if you are correct with this info I'll give you your props. But yesterday was a red flag to me, so you have to understand why I'm a little leary of believing this.

Kid Kip
06-02-2004, 12:31 PM
They're laying it on pretty thick today Sox fans! Must be getting pretty borring on the Board for the team that is 3.5 games out of first.

You know what--fine. If people are gonna call me, a Sox season ticket holder, a Cub fan. Then I'm done.

I live and die for the White Sox and to be called a Cub fan is truly disgusting.

All I said is that he was coming home from the road trip to get his knee scoped. I can't belive you people...

Randar68
06-02-2004, 12:32 PM
i'm not making this up.

Let me reiterate since you did not back that statement up:

"Then maybe your source can explain why a strained calf and negative MRI now suddenly leads to a knee being scoped."

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 12:33 PM
You know what--fine. If people are gonna call me, a Sox season ticket holder, a Cub fan. Then I'm done.

I live and die for the White Sox and to be called a Cub fan is truly disgusting.

All I said is that he was coming home from the road trip to get his knee scoped. I can't belive you people...

Don't let them get to you man. If what you post is not positive during a decent stretch of the year, a lot of people will jump on you.

I wouldn't be surprised at a scope. It often happens for problems like this especially at the back of the knee.

Randar68

Take it easy with the short fuse, pal. We've got Cubs Troll boy on the main board posting Maggs to the 60-day DL erroneously, and you're saying he's flying home to have his knee scoped when his calf has been bothering him, and an MRI turned up negative.

People are understandably sceptical, so take a chill pill.

Palehose13

Take it easy, if you are correct I think people will be apologizing. If you aren't, I'll be taking some heat for sticking up for you...it may be brutal, but I can handle it. ;)

They're Sox fans, so they are skeptics...I am sure you understand. :D:

steff
06-02-2004, 12:34 PM
FWIW, no travel plans have been made for him as of 11am Chicago time, so unless he made them himself, I lean towards this being not accurate..

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Let me reiterate since you did not back that statement up:

"Then maybe your source can explain why a strained calf and negative MRI now suddenly leads to a knee being scoped."

Because the real problem is swelling at the back of his knee, which a scope would have a chance to help and check out. A scope makes A LOT of sense at this point.

fledgedrallycap
06-02-2004, 12:36 PM
I have heard the Scoreboard update four times now on 670 and still no news on a scope or a return trip back home. This is a very good thing.

Randar68
06-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Because the real problem is swelling at the back of his knee, which a scope would have a chance to help and check out. A scope makes A LOT of sense at this point.

As someone who has had various knee problems and surgeries, it makes no sense to me. You don't go from negative MRI to scope when you're talking about multi-million dollar athletes.

Tekijawa
06-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Maybe your "insider" said they were sending him to a "ski slope" not Knee Scope, to celebrate his new contract...

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 12:41 PM
As someone who has had various knee problems and surgeries, it makes no sense to me. You don't go from negative MRI to scope when you're talking about multi-million dollar athletes.

I can see what you are saying, but I've been in medicine and my family is in medicine, and sometimes they want to scope something like this when the patient isn't getting any better. Maggs isn't getting good enough to play. People get scopes all the time. Its a small, easy process and he would not be out any longer than he would normally be.

Dadawg_77
06-02-2004, 12:52 PM
When I open up the page and saw in caps Mags on 60 day DL, it was shocking. The Sporting News Radio reference made me think of Lip, he always post stuff from there, then I read the handle and realized it was a troll. Kip sorry some probably have lumped you and that troll together, as people generally don't like the bearer of bad news. Hopefully it isn't true but if it is, I don't see as anything too major to get worked up about, at least not yet.

kittle42
06-02-2004, 01:43 PM
My sources have told me that Jerry Reinsdorf has just sold the team and it is immediately being moved to play permanently in Puerto Rico.

Tekijawa
06-02-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
My sources have told me that Jerry Reinsdorf has just sold the team and it is immediately being moved to play permanently in Puerto Rico.

Impossible!!! With Maggs on the 60 day DL there wouldn't be any star power to attract large enough crowds to warrant moving the team to Puerto Rico!!! This is a Travisshamockery!

The Big Squirt
06-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Impossible!!! With Maggs on the 60 day DL there wouldn't be any star power to attract large enough crowds to warrant moving the team to Puerto Rico!!! This is a Travisshamockery!

The making up of words....and stories...is not allowed or acceptable

Oh...alright, I will accept the making up of words

joeynach
06-02-2004, 02:39 PM
According to Rooney and Farmer Maggs is definatly being sent back to chicago for evaluation and probably surgery. He will be out at least 4 weeks. We are screwed.

Gammons Peter
06-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Just heard it on the radio broadcast, he could be out 4 weeks

kojak
06-02-2004, 02:43 PM
We'll be fine. Maggs will be in prime condition for the playoffs, which is the most important thing...

JRIG
06-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
According to Rooney and Farmer Maggs is definatly being sent back to chicago for evaluation and probably surgery. He will be out at least 4 weeks. We are screwed.

Let the Jeremy Reed era begin!

I think this may also hurt Mags' trade value, don't you?

Seriously, though, this isn't the worst thing in the world. This isn't Frank going down. It will hurt, no doubt. But we are not "screwed."

woodenleg
06-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I believe they used the words 'possible' and 'might', but I caught this, too. He is coming home tomorrow. Don't panic just yet...

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 02:44 PM
We aren't screwed. Minny lost half their starting lineup to injuries, including their three hitter, for much of the first half, and they are still only 1.5 games behind. Now if we are a good team, we will be able to do the same.

Palehose13
06-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Kid Kip, looks like you were right...

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13

Sure was. I give credit where credit is due. I apologize for doubting your source.

OUCH.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2004, 02:52 PM
We aren't screwed. Minny lost half their starting lineup to injuries, including their three hitter, for much of the first half, and they are still only 1.5 games behind. Now if we are a good team, we will be able to do the same.

We've actually done quite well without Maggs against some quality teams.

Everyone else just has to step it up a notch.

Palehose13
06-02-2004, 02:53 PM

I guess now we get to see if they really can win without Maggs.

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 02:53 PM

Exactly. Time for our backups to step up like the Twins did and we will have no problems. Absoutely no excuses.

Uncle_Patrick
06-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Seasons over! Best to start the fire sale now!

Tekijawa
06-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13

Sorry Kid Kip!

Dadawg_77
06-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Time to go and get Beltran and Sheets.

patbooyah
06-02-2004, 03:01 PM
so could somebody tell me what is REALLY happening?

JRIG
06-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Time to go and get Beltran and Sheets.

Deep pink not working on your computer?

steff
06-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Sure was. I give credit where credit is due. I apologize for doubting your source.

OUCH.

I applaud his source... (and I think I know who it is.... :D: ) for finding out so early. But they should be careful when sharing information.. it's easy to pinpoint the source when only a few people know things.

steff
06-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah
so could somebody tell me what is REALLY happening?

Coming home for some tests on the knee.

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by steff

Definately out four weeks or is that just speculation?

patbooyah
06-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by steff

thank you, loverly

MRKARNO
06-02-2004, 03:10 PM

I would guess that it's more than likely, but I have no sources.

steff
06-02-2004, 03:10 PM

He hasn't had anything looked at so I would assume it's still speculation.

It's just strange though. He hasn't been complaining of the knee hurting that I've heard.

steff
06-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah
thank you, loverly

Muh, muh, muh... You're welcome :D:

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I would guess that it's more than likely, but I have no sources.

The reason I asked is because it sounds like if he has surgery it will definately be four weeks, but if he doesn't, nobody knows how long he'll be out. And it doesn't sound like they know whether he will need surgery or not.

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I heard on the broadcast (6/2) that
Maggs was running before the game
with a noticable limp.

Not good. :(:

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 03:32 PM
I still think we have to wait an hear more. It's all really weird. We saw him swinging the bat and the like yesterday, so I don't know what kind of revelation they had overnight to make them think he needs surgery. I think they are just gonna have him wait some more.

ChiSox7
06-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Well, now I saw something that said the ChiSox sent out a release that said he will have it arthoscopic knee surgery definately and be out four weeks. So looks like there is no wait and see about it.

I wonder why Hawk and DJ haven't said anthing about it?

Kadafi311
06-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Hot off the press. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040602&content_id=759363&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

ma_deuce
06-02-2004, 04:02 PM
I wonder why Hawk and DJ haven't said anthing about it?

:hawk
Well, folks, I just received some news concerning Maggs' injury. But before I get to that, let me talk ad nausea about my days in the Tribe... Back in '70, I was blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

:DJ
Zzzzzz.....zzzzzz.....zzzzzz.......

Deuce

steff
06-02-2004, 04:23 PM
He's coming home tomorrow. He's been icing the knee since Sunday. :o:

steff
06-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Kadafi311
Hot off the press. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040602&content_id=759363&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

Duh!! I never read far enough ahead.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Ironic.

This whole thing reminds me of Cal Eldred in July 2000 when Manager Gandhi proclaimed that his arm injury was just a 'strain'and he wouldn't even miss a turn.

Now you have Ozzie saying it's day to day and he only wanted to protect Maggs so he doesn't get hurt worse.

Kind of makes you wish managers would stop trying to be doctors.

Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard (Nyuk, nyuk,nyuk)

Lip

dickallen15
06-02-2004, 08:08 PM
According to the White Sox website, he's going to probably get scoped and miss 4 to 7 weeks. I think some people owe the guy who started this thread an apology.

doublem23
06-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
According to the White Sox website, he's going to probably get scoped and miss 4 to 7 weeks. I think some people owe the guy who started this thread an apology.

Why? Because they doubted an anonymous poster on a fan site saying something that no one had heard but didn't mention any credible source? Pleeeeeeeease.... Welcome to the internet. If you're going to post info here and not back it up, brace yourself for a backlash.

Reliability is earned, not given.

The Big Squirt
06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
I am sorry I doubted you Kip

BeerHandle
06-02-2004, 09:24 PM
to get knee scoped.

not good news.

Great job with some breaking news. I never doubted the information; however, I think you forgot to mention that he flew to LA to have the knee checked out first.

Either way, great job! Keep your source happy.

raul12
06-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

That's hard to do when your fly is down! :D: At least give the guy props for being right....sheesh.

doublem23
06-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by raul12
That's hard to do when your fly is down! :D: At least give the guy props for being right....sheesh.

Oh, I give him all the props in the world for being right, and if Kid Kip ever decides to come back here and post some info, I think he'll find a less harsh reaction to rumors.

dickallen15
06-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Why? Because they doubted an anonymous poster on a fan site saying something that no one had heard but didn't mention any credible source? Pleeeeeeeease.... Welcome to the internet. If you're going to post info here and not back it up, brace yourself for a backlash.

There was insults. His information just got here faster than the rest of the world got it. It was very reminiscent of the beating HSC got when she reported the Foulke/Koch trade.

doublem23
06-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
There was insults. His information just got here faster than the rest of the world got it. It was very reminiscent of the beating HSC got when she reported the Foulke/Koch trade.

Well, no offense to the people who actually have insider info in the organization, but if I believed every single rumor that got spread around on the internet, well, I'd believe a lot of crazy crap.

Sorry, that's just the way it works. If you want to go around posting "insider information" that is contradictory to everything that everyone has heard thus far and all you can say is "I can't name my source," prepare for an e-flogging.

steff
06-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Well, no offense to the people who actually have insider info in the organization, but if I believed every single rumor that got spread around on the internet, well, I'd believe a lot of crazy crap.

Sorry, that's just the way it works. If you want to go around posting "insider information" that is contradictory to everything that everyone has heard thus far and all you can say is "I can't name my source," prepare for an e-flogging.

Agreed. If those who heard things posted them everytime - of which maybe 25% of the time they happen - you guys would eat me... err... them alive :D: