PDA

View Full Version : Work Being Done Inside Park

duke of dorwood
06-02-2004, 10:19 AM
The lights were on all night, and from the train I could see workers in upper deck between home and first with some seats removed.

nasox
06-02-2004, 10:27 AM
GREEN SEATS!!

joeynach
06-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The lights were on all night, and from the train I could see workers in upper deck between home and first with some seats removed.

When i entered from the gate in the right field corner last week, by the sports bar, there was a huge pile out torn out seats laying in the courtyard like where the satellite dishes and stuff are over there. I was wondering why they still have them laying around when they removed the rest like 6 months ago. Maybe they are putting in a few shades of green seats to see what it looks like. Ya know get a response.

Bobby Thigpen
06-02-2004, 10:57 AM
I would hope they're going to offer those seats for sale with proceeds for charity or toward the new seats. Judging by the reaction they got to the seats for sale last fall that would be a very good idea. I know I would like to have one. Call me a loser, but I think that would be pretty cool since I can't afford one from the old park.

Randar68
06-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

There were a bunch of hand-railings on the RF side of the UD that had not yet been painted. I imagine that's the touch-up work that was being done...

ewokpelts
06-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by joeynach

When i entered from the gate in the right field corner last week, by the sports bar, there was a huge pile out torn out seats laying in the courtyard like where the satellite dishes and stuff are over there. I was wondering why they still have them laying around when they removed the rest like 6 months ago. Maybe they are putting in a few shades of green seats to see what it looks like. Ya know get a response.

They have a reserve in case of storms/fan damage. You'll notice there are extra bleacher benches and bullpen bar tables.
Gene

Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
I would hope they're going to offer those seats for sale with proceeds for charity or toward the new seats. Judging by the reaction they got to the seats for sale last fall that would be a very good idea. I know I would like to have one. Call me a loser, but I think that would be pretty cool since I can't afford one from the old park.
Next year. According to my rep.

Gene

cpsoxfan
06-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm in support of green seats as much as the next Sox fan, but there's NO way they'd get that all done by the time they came back from the West Coast. Too bad too!

ewokpelts
06-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by cpsoxfan
I'm in support of green seats as much as the next Sox fan, but there's NO way they'd get that all done by the time they came back from the West Coast. Too bad too!

not if they wanted it to look halfway decent.
Gene

batmanZoSo
06-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen

:reinsy
"Charity or funds for new seats...hm...choices"

Seriously do you think after complaining for years, Sox fans will want to buy those bright blue seats? :smile:

ewokpelts
06-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
"Charity or funds for new seats...hm...choices"

Seriously do you think after complaining for years, Sox fans will want to buy those bright blue seats? :smile:
last year thousands waited in line to buy 600 such seats
Gene

Bobby Thigpen
06-02-2004, 09:20 PM
I guess I'm a loser, but yes, I'd like to buy one of those seats. And yes, I was one of those that waited in line.

doublem23
06-02-2004, 09:33 PM
New Sox promotion... Bring your own seat night!

I can't believe no one thought of this earlier. Think of all the money I save.

hose
06-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I got 2 green seats from old Comiskey on my patio.

skottyj242
06-03-2004, 10:51 AM
If they do go with this whole green seat idea, I bet there will be a day the season ticket holders (all 9 of us) will have to show up and paint our own seat.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
New Sox promotion... Bring your own seat night!

I can't believe no one thought of this earlier. Think of all the money I save.

awesome.byoc=bring your own closer.

mrwag
06-04-2004, 08:55 AM
I would think they could easily replace all the seats during road trips this summer. That way the bark would be nice and spiffy, just in time for nationally televised games in October!