PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday (dba Why is this year different from last year?)

jabrch
06-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Last year, down by 3 in the 9th with 2 out, this team would have folded like a wet napkin. In fact, Ghandi might have been inclined to pinch hit for Frank so he didn't get hurt. Sucks that we lost it later, but I was glad to see that NOBODY gave up.

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Bobby Kielty kills them whether he's a Twin or an A. :(:

m7r23
06-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Bobby kielty killt them because the umpire couldnt call a strike on that obvious pitch. If he woulda called it, we woulda worried about someone else hitting the game winner not him. I think that Umpire got horrible in extra inning.

Dadawg_77
06-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Also I think we have won the first game of a series four times, but have only lost two series this year. Going by memory so probably wrong.

ode to veeck
06-02-2004, 10:19 AM
JM woulda put in Parque to pitch once Manos tied it up with the homer, just because he was whining about not playing yet coming back from his rehab

mcfish
06-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Last year, down by 3 in the 9th with 2 out, this team would have folded like a wet napkin. In fact, Ghandi might have been inclined to pinch hit for Frank so he didn't get hurt. Sucks that we lost it later, but I was glad to see that NOBODY gave up.

We were down by 1 in the 9th with 2 out. We had been down by 3 in the 8th until Frank belted the ball out to left. I'm still thrilled that they didn't give up at all, and that this is just one of multiple times this year that they have done that. The NY game where MB gave up 5 in the first was another great example of the never give up spirit. I love seeing it and I hope that it continues all year.

kojak
06-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Also I think we have won the first game of a series four times, but have only lost two series this year. Going by memory so probably wrong.

We have actually lost 3 series this year: Yankees at home, at Toronto and Twins at home.