PDA

View Full Version : Maggs, Wunsch

pudge
06-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Alright, I gotta gripe, not because I care much about tonight's loss, but because two things have been bothering me, and after watching Cotts surrender his second game-winning homer, it made me think about Wunsch...

What is the deal with this guy not being up here? Cotts got off to a nice start, but would be better served learning some new pitches and starting games in AAA. Wunsch is a vet who has done nothing but good things in a Sox uni. I would feel much better if Wunsch served up tonight's game winner rather than an inexperienced youngster.

Two, where the heck is Maggs? He was supposedly crushing the ball in BP, I saw him bouncing around the dugout, swinging the bat, and I'm thinking to myself, "Maybe we win tonight if he's in the lineup." I'm all for keeping him healthy, but this seems like overkill, and it's going start to cost us games. Plus, the longer he's out, the more time it might take for him to get back in the groove.

SOXSINCE'70
06-02-2004, 07:21 AM
Just read the Cub-Times today. Maggs said he still can't run in the outfield.Looks like a trip to the DL may be inevitable.And that 70 million dollar deal is a crock of crap.The Sox never offered it to Ordonez,who would have accepted.Maggs did say,however,that his agent is "still talking" with the Sox.We can only hope.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Wunsch is in management's doghouse. For what I don't know.

Lip

Randar68
06-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Wunsch is in management's doghouse. For what I don't know.

Lip

For losing his velocity. FOK'ers are out of their gourd here. At least Kelly is realistic about the situation, because the FOK'ers sure aren't.

Herbal
06-02-2004, 12:44 PM
I read the other day that Wunsch was optioned to AAA, and must stay there a minimum of 10 days.

Although, it was the Cubune so who knows.

Mohoney
06-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
For losing his velocity. FOK'ers are out of their gourd here. At least Kelly is realistic about the situation, because the FOK'ers sure aren't.

What can we get for Wunsch in a trade?

Who badly needs lefty relief help?

Randar68
06-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Mohoney
What can we get for Wunsch in a trade?

Who badly needs lefty relief help?

Anaheim needs a lefty reliever. Maybe Oakland does too? Houston?

There are a ton of teams out there right now who still think they are in contention.

Mohoney
06-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Anaheim needs a lefty reliever. Maybe Oakland does too? Houston?

There are a ton of teams out there right now who still think they are in contention.

Any good A-ball pitchers in Anaheim's system that are worth a look?

Would you trade Wunsch for prospects? I would, at this point.