PDA

View Full Version : Anyone miss Maggs bat in the lineup?

pinwheels3530
06-02-2004, 01:25 AM
I do, he and Frank could really be doing some damage right now, plus with Paulie and C Lee hitting the ball well right now our offense could be clicking at just the right time. Hurry back Maggs :(:

the_valenstache
06-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Why didn't they just pinch hit him for Gload, or instead of Perez?

They showed Maggs pacing the dugout holding a bat at one point. Let him hit!

doublem23
06-02-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
Why didn't they just pinch hit him for Gload, or instead of Perez?

They showed Maggs pacing the dugout holding a bat at one point. Let him hit!

Probably was more to throw a curveball to the A's. I think Ozzie made the comment that the only reason Magglio wasn't placed on the DL was because they couldn't get a replacement to Oakland in time for tomorrow's game.

ode to veeck
06-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Maggs warmed up in the on deck circle in the 9th tonight, & was ready to hit for Olivo behind Valentin, should he have gotten on base. After Valentin hit the HR to tie it, Ozzie, then had Olivo take his nornal AB.

Realist
06-02-2004, 06:11 AM
No.

mcfish
06-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Pinch hit him now and 7 days of retroactive DL time goes away. I think they still want the option to put him on the 15 day DL if they need to.

Jjav829
06-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by mcfish
Pinch hit him now and 7 days of retroactive DL time goes away. I think they still want the option to put him on the 15 day DL if they need to.

Good point. I think that him not getting a chance to pinch hit for Crede yesterday shows more than anything that they plan on DL'ing him. If he really was feeling better and they knew he could play within the next few days, he would have pinch hit. But as you correctly pointed out, if they want to DL him retroactively, he can't play at all.

I do think it was probably a decoy. He was right on the edge of the dugout steps when he was stretching with the bat, making sure the A's saw him with a bat in his hands.

ode to veeck
06-02-2004, 11:09 AM
I don't think he was a decoy in the on deck in the ninth, in a one run game with Manos on the paths there with 2 outs, it woulda been a reasonably safe bet.

Irishsox1
06-02-2004, 11:31 AM
The team was hot after the home stand, but when you go play in Oakland and Seattle, you better bring some great pitching, solid defense and your star player and that is Maggs. He will be missed on this 5 game west coast especially if they get their usual beating.