PDA

View Full Version : I think we have all seen enough

Jerome
06-01-2004, 11:05 PM
If I see one more Joe Crede-induced DP, I will throw my remote through the TV. He is simply not hitting right now. I know he plays good defense over there at third, but he is a black hole in the lineup. His average is like .210 right now and falling fast. The infield needs to be Harris at 2B, Valentin at SS, and Uribe at 3B. Maybe a few games on the bench + some extra Greg Walker sessions will do him good. With Magglio out these next few games, we cannot afford an automatic out in our lineup. I don't care how many runs we are able to score against the great John Lackey. Crede needs to sit.

SEALgep
06-01-2004, 11:11 PM
He certainly has the arm to play there, and actually his play in general there has been impressive. I feel it's safe (IMO) to say his transition there was more efficient than A-Rods initial transfer there. Wouldn't mind it, therefore Willie and Jose can still play everyday while allowing us another lefty bat playing CF or right while Maggs is out.

batmanZoSo
06-02-2004, 12:34 AM
He's not a great third baseman at all. He's "good." That's it. Even Brooks Robinson wouldn't be worth a f### if he hit .200 with a .246 on-base percentage. Crede has no business being on the field right now. He needs to sit for three games and just relax. This is really only his second year so I'll give him one more year to prove he's worthy of being in the majors. So far he's not...at..all. It's okay to be a slow starter but this is unacceptable. If he does it again next year he's gotta go. I wouldn't even give him this much time next year.

He's still got time to improve though, there's no big need to trade him unless Seattle wants him for some weird reason. But just to get him outta here, no. He's going to get hot some time this year, that's a given. I believe we've seen the worst of Crede, so greener pastures lie ahead.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm not ready to give up on Crede, yet. He is struggling, but he was also struggling last season, and he managed to have a good season. Aside from his batting average, his other numbers are similar to those he had at this point in 2003. I'm willing to wait for him to get his bat going again, because the Sox are going to need him anchoring the bottom of the lineup.

BigEdWalsh
06-02-2004, 05:22 AM
Too many of you guys are so sure Crede is going to go on a rampage. Based on what? That he did once before? I'm sorry, twice before?? I'm just tired of waiting and having him go through really long bad stretches where he is pitifully weak at the plate.
I hope he comes out of it, but I'm just not so sure. :?:

SSN721
06-02-2004, 05:48 AM
As much as I thought he was gonna break out this year, I have to say put Crede in the bench for the next few games. He cant hit at all right now and his defense isnt superior enough to keep him on the field when we have someone who can play adequate to good defense and is hitting .130-.140 better then him. Bench Crede for a few games.

Randar68
06-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
He's not a great third baseman at all. He's "good." That's it. Even Brooks Robinson wouldn't be worth a f### if he hit .200 with a .246 on-base percentage. Crede has no business being on the field right now. He needs to sit for three games and just relax. This is really only his second year so I'll give him one more year to prove he's worthy of being in the majors. So far he's not...at..all. It's okay to be a slow starter but this is unacceptable. If he does it again next year he's gotta go. I wouldn't even give him this much time next year.

He's still got time to improve though, there's no big need to trade him unless Seattle wants him for some weird reason. But just to get him outta here, no. He's going to get hot some time this year, that's a given. I believe we've seen the worst of Crede, so greener pastures lie ahead.

Let's see, in his first full season, Crede hit .262 with 19 HR's. Not stellar, but he hit .308 with a near .900 OPS in the second half last year. Everyone here thought he would build on that season. He's been struggling mightily and looks lost up there right now. ALL players go through these stretches.

Relax, people. He's never been a high walk guy, and nobody has ever projected him to hit .320. He's always been projected as a .280 hitter with 25-30 HR power.

A 2-week hot-streak and he'll be back in the .250-.260 range before you blink. He does seem lost up there right now, though...

mcfish
06-02-2004, 10:36 AM
I vote Uribe - but only for a few games. I hate seeing players play through month long + slumps. At some point, it can't be helping anymore. Give him a few days off and try again next week.

HITMEN OF 77
06-02-2004, 10:50 AM
I think we should give Rowand and Crede the rest of the trip off and let KD and RG play. Crede can be clutch sometimes, but not enough overall this year.

bennyw41
06-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Does anyone really believe that Uribe can play third? I don't think he can. I think he needs to be at short, and willie at second. Ship that sack valentin out of here, I don't care how many game tying home runs he has

mcfish
06-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Does anyone really believe that Uribe can play third? I don't think he can. I think he needs to be at short, and willie at second. Ship that sack valentin out of here, I don't care how many game tying home runs he has

Uribe has played well at 3rd this year. He has fine range and he's got a cannon for an arm. I've not seen any problems when he has played for Crede this year so far.

Plus, didn't you see the commercial? Valentin is Ozzie's leader on the team.

kojak
06-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Why panic on Crede just yet? Where is the urgency? This guy deserves the same chance Konerko got last year. Uribe can play 2nd base and Harris is fine in CF. It is kinda neat having old #1 patrolling in center. Besides, it's not like we are dying offensively and are desperate for some base hits...

Give the kid a break