PDA

View Full Version : Can we vote for our ALL STARS

pinwheels3530
06-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Lets vote for our best players to go to the All Star game. Were in fist place and can't even get our players some support on the all star balloting, this is ridiculous. Let's vote in bunches...OHHHHH I forgot some of us don't even go to games to support a first place team, forget it !!!

hold2dibber
06-01-2004, 05:11 PM
I for one only vote for Sox players who at least arguably deserve to be on the team. For example, I'm not going to vote for Crede this year, since he obviously doesn't deserve to go. With that in mind, I was thinking about this issue yesterday: who on the Sox does deserve to be on the team this year, based on performance thus far? The guys who at least merit consideration, IMHO, are:

Ordonez
Thomas
Takatsu
Buehrle
Schoenweiss
Uribe
Harris
Konerko

Without really analyzing who on other teams might make it at each position, the guys I think are most deserving are Uribe and Thomas, with Maggs and Buehrle close behind.

HebrewHammer
06-01-2004, 05:23 PM
:threadsucks

Would ANYONE really want to see AAAron Rowand starting in the All Star Game?

Navaro's Talent
06-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I for one only vote for Sox players who at least arguably deserve to be on the team. For example, I'm not going to vote for Crede this year, since he obviously doesn't deserve to go. With that in mind, I was thinking about this issue yesterday: who on the Sox does deserve to be on the team this year, based on performance thus far? The guys who at least merit consideration, IMHO, are:

Ordonez
Thomas
Takatsu
Buehrle
Schoenweiss
Uribe
Harris
Konerko

Without really analyzing who on other teams might make it at each position, the guys I think are most deserving are Uribe and Thomas, with Maggs and Buehrle close behind.

I would add Loaiza to that list. He might not be pitching as well as last year, but he still has six victories and it looks like he is starting to really turn it around. If he can continue to picth like he did against the Rangers, he could easily have another 20 victory season.

Foulke You
06-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
OHHHHH I forgot some of us don't even go to games to support a first place team, forget it !!!

What's with the attitude? Everyone on this board goes to games when they can and are avid Sox supporters. Direct your venom elsewhere. Just because Sox fans are outnumbered doesn't mean we have bad fans. We almost got Thomas voted in as the last man on the All Star team last year. Pretty impressive when you consider we were up against the legions of Red Sox Nation who ended up edging Thomas out and putting Jason Veritek on the team.

That being said, I think at this point, Uribe, Thomas, Ordonez, Buehrle, and Schoeneweis deserve some all star consideration. If Loaiza gets a few more starts like last time under his belt, he could garner some consideration as well.

samram
06-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I for one only vote for Sox players who at least arguably deserve to be on the team. For example, I'm not going to vote for Crede this year, since he obviously doesn't deserve to go.

Apparently, many fans don't have that same approach since Nomar is leading AL shortstops, and I believe Giambi and Sheffield are also among the leaders. The best position player on the Yanks so far has been Matsui, and I didn't see his name, although the international vote could change that.

pinwheels3530
06-01-2004, 06:01 PM
:D: Originally posted by HebrewHammer
:threadsucks

Would ANYONE really want to see AAAron Rowand starting in the All Star Game?

My first this thread sucks I am very honored :D:

BeerHandle
06-01-2004, 06:06 PM
I just voted 25 times (which is the max). Don't forget that the coaches pick the pitchers. I put Uribe in as a write in for Second Base.

pinwheels3530
06-01-2004, 06:10 PM
I just voted 25 time too, but I wrote in Uribe for Third and selected Willie for second. Anyone still want Alomar on the team? :D:

BeerHandle
06-01-2004, 06:13 PM
I just voted 25 time too, but I wrote in Uribe for Third and selected Willie for second. Anyone still want Alomar on the team? :D:

Update from MLB.COM. It looks like Thomas, Maggs and Uribe are the Sox chances to make the team. If Giambi makes it again I will go nuts. That guy is junk!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040601&content_id=758054&vkey=allstar2004&fext=.jsp

pinwheels3530
06-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Do they only let you vote 25 times per E mail registration or 25 times per day? How does it work?

lowesox
06-01-2004, 06:44 PM
:D:

My first this thread sucks I am very honored :D:

I've received many - and believe me - it's a very special feeling each and every time.

Railsplitter
06-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Do they only let you vote 25 times per E mail registration or 25 times per day? How does it work?
25 times per email. It doesn't help that Ameriquest is sponsering the balloting. There are two Subway resteraunts in my down. It made mulitple voting for favored Sox easier :D:

Deadguy
06-02-2004, 02:15 AM

Hmmm. I have about 15 different yahoo accounts, so if it's by e-mail address, I could rack up quite a few votes. I just assumed it was 25 votes per IP address, since it is so easy to get multiple free e-mail accounts.

Something tells me that some BlowSox fan hacked into MLB.com again to get Nosemar out to the early lead for SS.