PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6/1/04

Hangar18
06-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Today was an interesting morning. With the SOX being off and other team playing, wanted to see if the SOX still got Equal Coverage, like the other team did very recently. They Didnt.
Wont bother telling you what the score is doing, but talked cub
from 6:45 til 8:30 before I turned the channel off. Sickening.

Cubune:
7 cub
2 sox
Cub-Times:
5 cub
2 sox

Standings .........
CUBS 789
SOX 543

DaveIsHere
06-01-2004, 08:54 AM
The Score already has people calling in and saying that the Cubs have all these guys on the DL, and that the Sox are in the weakest division in baseball.................who would have seen this coming and it is only June 1

kittle42
06-01-2004, 09:29 AM
**** Mike Murphy.

You know, people call Hawk a shill, but at least he's paid by the team he shills for.

Dan H
06-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Hangar-You're torturing yourself listening to the Score in the morning. Put on some easy listening station and save yourself an ulcer.

Hangar18
06-01-2004, 10:23 AM
F***** mike murphy is soooooooo predictable, why do i bother?
He said he wanted to talk about the Newsday report that said Maggs rejected the contract offer, and asked if SOX fans wanted to just trade him now. But 1st cub fans...... is Maddux more important intelligent than his price tag suggests. Then takes a zillion cubcalls on that subject NEVER once talking about the SOX subject he claimed he was going to talk about (Murph always Baits callers this way, so as to be able to say he Brought the SOX up as a subject) They did this from 6:50am to 8:30am, talked cub/maddux then INexplicably, decided to talk about the BEARS! isnt it baseball season? Bear Talk went on til the 9am hour approximately, then went back to Maddux. I turned it off at that point.

owensmouth
06-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Let me add that the Daily South(Evans)town had on their internet site:

Flubs = 3
White Sox = 0

CubKilla
06-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by owensmouth
Let me add that the Daily South(Evans)town had on their internet site:

Flubs = 3
White Sox = 0

The Sox were off. What do you want, an article detailing the food made available to the Sox during their charter flight to Oakland yesterday?