PDA

View Full Version : Botch and Metallica

CubKilla
05-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Sorry if this question is posted in the wrong forum. Admins feel free to move it to the PL if appropriate.

I haven't seen it posted or discussed here, but it seems our closer, Billy Botch, has requested the White Sox Organization play an unnamed song by Metallica prior to his entrance at USCF. Supposedly, from what I hear, the Sox Organization has refused Botch's request and will not play the unnamed song at his insistence. My questions are:

1.) Why not?

And

2.) What is the song?

Does anyone know? My guess is it would be "Sad But True" because it's exactly how I feel everytime Botch enters a game. "Sad" that he's our closer "But True" since KW is a goof and JR is cheap. Anyone got the info? Thanks. :)

illinibk
05-31-2004, 11:10 PM
From what I recall hearing, the Sox won't allow it because they have an advertising obligation every time a pitching change is made, but after the advertisement is done they start to play the music, if any. And if my memory serves me correctly, Koch liked to come out to "Fuel"

CWSGuy406
05-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by illinibk
From what I recall hearing, the Sox won't allow it because they have an advertising obligation every time a pitching change is made, but after the advertisement is done they start to play the music, if any. And if my memory serves me correctly, Koch liked to come out to "Fuel"

Last year, IIRC, he came out to "Boom", I forgot the group name, but the lyrics are something along the lines of:

"BOOM! Here come's the - BOOM - Ready or not, Here comes the -BOOM - Here comes the boys from the South."

Chisox_cali
05-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
Last year, IIRC, he came out to "Boom", I forgot the group name, but the lyrics are something along the lines of:

"BOOM! Here come's the - BOOM - Ready or not, Here comes the -BOOM - Here comes the boys from the South."

That would be the Christian rock band P.O.D, one of the worst bands out there today...

inta
06-01-2004, 12:41 AM
I suggest Koch petition the sox brass to play an old hardcore song entitled "start the panic"....

JB98
06-01-2004, 01:29 AM
I was at the game Sunday, and Metallica's "St. Anger" was playing while Koch took his warmup tosses prior to the start of the ninth inning.

For what it's worth, his velocity is coming back. He was hitting 95 and 96 on the gun. Unfortunately, his command still comes and goes, and command is more important than velocity.

StockdaleForVeep
06-01-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
That would be the Christian rock band P.O.D, one of the worst bands out there today...

"one" of the worst? I'd say they are the worst.

How about billy Botch have that corny song "they're coming to take me away"

skottyj242
06-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Leave my guy alone.

ewokpelts
06-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Possibly "So What". It is expletive laden.
Gene

JRIG
06-01-2004, 11:58 AM
The song is almost definitely "Fuel." Mac asked him that question when he was first traded to the Sox and that was his response.

StockdaleForVeep
06-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Possibly "So What". It is expletive laden.
Gene

But for pc purposes they put out a radio\censored version which is just god aweful

Seriously and honestly, who the "censored" wants to listen to a gapping\bleeped\muffled song due to censoring

the_valenstache
06-01-2004, 12:54 PM
As something of a compromise, I propose that Nancy Faust cover "Ride The Lightning" when Billy tosses.

Or all 9 minutes of "The Four Horsemen."

The possibility of organ-riffing-induced slam dancing could spill over onto the field, though, making for more Ligue-like press.

Whitesox029
06-01-2004, 02:21 PM
I know some players do have their own personal songs that, either Nancy will briefly play on the organ, or a Deejay will put on when he comes up. For some reason I remember that Mark Johnson's was "Sweet Home Alabama" and Harold Baines' was the theme from "Shaft."

:harold

The Critic
06-01-2004, 02:28 PM
"For Whom The Bell Tolls" would be a cool entrance song for a closer.
Didn't the Sox compromise and allow the song to be played after the sponsor announcement?
I thought I heard somewhere that was the case, although I think it's silly to have the sponsor spot BEFORE the entrance song.

guillen4life13
06-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me you can't see a thing
Just call my name and I'll hear you scream
Master, Master
Just call my name and I'll hear you scream
Master, Master

They should play the interlude to Master of Puppets (with the high pitched harmonizing guitars that goes into the solo). That would be tight.

Or Limo Wreck by Soundgarden

"I'm the wreck of you, I'm the death of you all
I'm the wreck of you, I'm the break of the fall"

RedPinStripes
06-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by illinibk

*****! I'm not a huge Koch supporter, but come on! They have non-stop commercials and that whole place is a billboard. In some strange whay it could help Koch, or possibly give the fans something better to listen to.

he_gone_89
06-01-2004, 08:50 PM
throw some fuel
throw some fire

if he dont
he should retire

fuel :) :D:

MarkM2112
06-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Someone on the Murph and Fred show came up with a great one for him last week: "Flirting With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet :D: