PDA

View Full Version : Two city West Coast trips

Railsplitter
05-31-2004, 09:11 PM
How often do you see a West Coast trip that involves only two cities. Don't they usually involve all three cities?

BeerHandle
05-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
How often do you see a West Coast trip that involves only two cities. Don't they usually involve all three cities?

Yep, isn't it great to break up the road trip. I was so happy to see it this way because a lot of times we come back with only 2 wins in 9 to 10 games.

doublem23
05-31-2004, 09:41 PM
What I think is weirder is that we have two series with the Angels at home before we go to Anaheim.

Brian26
05-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Meanwhile, we don't play the Tigers until the end of July...after 2/3 of the season is over. Very quirky schedule.

CWSGuy406
05-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
What I think is weirder is that we have two series with the Angels at home before we go to Anaheim.

Yeah, we kind of get screwed in the fill-in games. We get Anahiem eight times or so, while the Twins get the D-Rays eight times. Then again, if the Rays can keep beating the Twins, I'll have no problem with the scheduling.

chisox06
05-31-2004, 10:32 PM
And why are we only playing Oakland twice? That makes no sense at all.

pearso66
06-01-2004, 12:12 AM
We actually go back to Oakland for a 4 game set. so we have a 4 and 2 game sets in Oakland.

Railsplitter
06-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Now that I've though a bit more about it, the unbalanced schedule porbably has something to do with it. The Sox go to Oakland and Seattle twice, but Anaheim comes here twice.

CHISOXFAN13
06-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
Yeah, we kind of get screwed in the fill-in games. We get Anahiem eight times or so, while the Twins get the D-Rays eight times. Then again, if the Rays can keep beating the Twins, I'll have no problem with the scheduling.

The Twins also play Anaheim nine times. Sme quirky schedule as ours with the Angels going to Minny twice before they host the Twinkies.

joeynach
06-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
The Twins also play Anaheim nine times. Sme quirky schedule as ours with the Angels going to Minny twice before they host the Twinkies.

There is some sort of rotation bewteen non divison teams in our league. I remember sometimes we play them 7 times sometimes 9. Which means it also rotates yeary on if a mjority of those games are on the road or at home. This schedule is better for us. Last year we had to go out west twice for big series. We went to seattle twice last year i remember, didnt fair well once. That series where we had seattle, ana, tex was a killer. This way is better.

batmanZoSo
06-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406

But we beat the Angels and caught them while they were banged up. Minnesota alread blew their chance to captialize on Tampa Bay. Sox 1, Twins 0. :smile: