PDA

View Full Version : Wunsch On His Way Out?

Mots09
05-31-2004, 08:29 PM
I was at the series all weekend in Chicago, and came across that today on whitesox.com :(

I really am going to miss Kelly coming out of the pen. He could get both righties and lefties out.

Any thoughts on where he might go?

GO SOX GO

johnny_mostil
05-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
I really am going to miss Kelly coming out of the pen. He could get both righties and lefties out.

He's not worth anything much by himself but he could be used as a condiment for a bigger enchilada trade. :cool:

SEALgep
05-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil
He's not worth anything much by himself but he could be used as a condiment for a bigger enchilada trade. :cool: A package with Rauch, and possibly someone else, depending who we're dealing for.

StockdaleForVeep
05-31-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
A package with Rauch, and possibly someone else, depending who we're dealing for.

Randy Johnson?

WhteSox725
06-01-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm new to the boards. Can someone explain what text in different colors mean?

Jjav829
06-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by WhteSox725
I'm new to the boards. Can someone explain what text in different colors mean?

Teal is for sarcasm/jokes.

Deeppink is for pipedreams.

Those are really the only two that have caught on so far.

joeynach
06-01-2004, 11:19 AM
I was at the series all weekend in Chicago, and came across that today on whitesox.com :(

GO SOX GO

Hey if it means we get a 5th starter than goodbye kelly. If we can get another starter by giving up our non-everyday players that are helping us win now then hey im all for it.

bennyw41
06-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Teal is for sarcasm/jokes.

Deeppink is for pipedreams.

Those are really the only two that have caught on so far.

What do you mean, black text is used for negative/pessimistic talk about the sox.

SSN721
06-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
What do you mean, black text is used for negative/pessimistic talk about the sox.

:) very nice

Iwritecode
06-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41

Crap, I always thought it was:

(insert negative/pessimistic comments here)

:)

DickAllen72
06-01-2004, 03:25 PM

GO SOX GO

Wunsch to the Angels for Ortiz???

Mohoney
06-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DickAllen72

I doubt that they would give us Ortiz for Wunsch straight-up.

illiniwhitesox
06-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Mohoney

How about Wunsch, a case of beer and a couple of brats

SEALgep
06-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by illiniwhitesox
How about Wunsch, a case of beer and a couple of brats Keep the beer and replace that with Rauch. :D:

jeremyb1
06-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by DickAllen72

Originally posted by Mohoney

I love how we've run two solid AAA starters out of town after no more than two starts and everyone is salivating over a pitcher with an ERA of 8 and a couple million dollars left on his contract. Hey, he's a veteran so he must be good, right? With that kind of logic you can be the Sox GM so maybe Ortiz will be coming to the south side.

DickAllen72
06-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I love how we've run two solid AAA starters out of town after no more than two starts and everyone is salivating over a pitcher with an ERA of 8 and a couple million dollars left on his contract. Hey, he's a veteran so he must be good, right? With that kind of logic you can be the Sox GM so maybe Ortiz will be coming to the south side.

Who's salivating over anyone?

The Sox, for some strange reason, seem to have no more use for Wunsch who has been one of the best relievers in the AL over the past few seasons. I guess Cotts and Marte make him expendable.

The Sox need a fifth starter, and Ortiz had some decent years in the past but does not seem to fit in with the Angels this year. I've been told the Angels need a lefty in the pen.

To me, it seems to make sense to trade a reliever you can't use for a starter you might be able to use. If Ortiz regains his form, great! If not, you've given up someone who was not in your plans.

No salivating, just seems to make sense.