PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/31/04

Hangar18
05-31-2004, 03:39 PM
WGN and FOX today were kind enough to LEAD their Sports Hilite segments with ............."Huge Victory" for the 4th place other team, complete with Hilites, and player interviews. Next........we were treated to the Exciting Iowa minor league team winning, with The MESSIAH getting 10 strikeouts in a "huge performance".
This piece was also COmplete with The MESSIAH Speaking on/to the Pulpit in front of a Giddy Media Throng, and "hilites".
Then we were finally treated to the 1st Place team (who was also at home) hilites. No player interviews however. Im assuming they were too busy sending reporters to Pittsburgh and DesMoines IA instead.
WGN also was quick to point out the "special appearance" of a Bald Eagle who will be Flying around wrigley field during the national anthem. There was even an INterview/Highlight piece with the birds owner. Luckily, someone pointed out that this bird had made a previous appearance at Comiskey earlier (without similar highlite/tv footage) to which the sportscaster acknowledged , yes.
Also, Still no word yet on when there will be a "Maggs Watch" in either paper. He deserves the media attention because he is arguably the teams star player. We'll be looking for MaggsWatch segments in the Print & TV Media shortly, though it still hasnt been done.

Marty Media says "The reason the SOX werent given too much Media Coverage again today, is because the Cubs were Playing a Division Opponent, and just won a 'huge game'. Also, THe Messiah struck out 10 triple A players, and we owe it to the great chicago fans, to let them know whats wrong with the teams star player.

Cubune:
5 cub stories
5 sox stories
Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
3 sox stories

Countdown to 800..........Standings since Spring Training..............

CUBS 777
SOX 539

BearSox
05-31-2004, 03:45 PM
I've got my sign ready for the Sox scrubs series

"Who needs the media on your side when you're the BEST TEAM IN TOWN!"

Railsplitter
06-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by BearSox
I've got my sign ready for the Sox scrubs series

"Who needs the media on your side when you're the BEST TEAM IN TOWN!"
Well said!