PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Tribune Back Page

WhteSox725
05-31-2004, 12:37 PM
I know this shouldn't surprise me about the Tribune but leave it to them to put a negative spin on being in first place on Memorial Day. Lots of shots taken at the Sox there, they sure know how to point out the failures. Tomorrow are they going to run a story on the Cubs and their successes after being in third place on Memorial Day?

Frankfan4life
05-31-2004, 12:56 PM
I haven't read the article but I can guess what it said. It probably said something like this, "The Sox are in first place, BUT, they are in a weak division, have played teams plagued with injuries, have a serious problem with the fifth starter, their closer is a big question mark, and the fans are still not supporting the team even though they are in first place, blah, blah, blah."

soxwon
05-31-2004, 01:49 PM
wheres those stats on teams in first place on memorial day, usually win it?

Hangar18
05-31-2004, 05:15 PM
This is from Santo during the game against the Pirates, regarding Mitre's performance....
" .......You know.......its just not fair. All our guys have been hurt
and weve got a lot of guys going that dont have the experience last few nites. boy oh boy"

Lip Man 1
05-31-2004, 08:18 PM
If you are referring to the historical story on the number of times the Sox have been in first place at Memorial Day since 1959. There is nothing wrong with it and it isn't a slap in the face at Sox fans.

What shocked me was that it has only been 5 times in 45 seasons!

Lip

soxwon
05-31-2004, 09:13 PM
lip- i meant there are statistics that show teams leading on memorial day, go on to win the division over %90 of the time or something like that.